You know how sometimes you just know things, but don’t realize that you do until someone mentions it out loud. That’s just the case with fashion too, and that’s why we always need tips from experts, fashionistas, and designers to validate what we know. But, often while reading about stuff, we realize how we miss tiny details and how other people have a different perspective to offer! Like they say, the devil is in the details. If you were wishing that it’d be nice to have a list that states it all out for you, we’ve got you covered. So, today, let’s take a look at 50 Fashion Tips that will come in handy for every girl – whether you are a college chica or a lady boss. Ready? Let’s do this.
1. For Beginners, Know Your Body Type
Knowing your body type is the basic thing to know about yourself. Everything works around this, so this is one of the biggest fashion tips or advise that anyone can give you.
2. Wear The Right Bra
Wearing the right intimates is essential for both health and fashion. You need to know your size and when to wear what; basically, you need to know it all.
3. Invest In Good Lingerie
Sometimes it is nice to indulge and treat yourself to good lingerie.
4. Own Classics – Trench, Leather, Denim Jackets
Classics like these are timeless, and every girl needs them in her closet. They come in handy all through the year in one way or another.
5. There’s Nothing Red Pumps Cannot Solve
Pumps are great, but red pumps are legendary. The high it gives to strut around in these confidently is of a different level. Every girl needs to experience this.
6. Scarves – Come A Long Way In All Seasons
Woolen, silk, satin, linen, blanket, etc. – you need it all. Some work wonders in winters, while some are for summer and the others are perfect for fall fashion.
7. Denim – Find Your Fit And Save It For Life
High-rise, low-rise, boot cut, boyfriend, baggy, etc. Knowing what suits your body type and size is life-saving. These are everyday essentials, and you can’t go wrong with them.
8. Understand The Color Wheel
It might seem a little unnecessary, but you will be more than glad you looked this up because it’s a game changer and gives you a new perspective when matching up colors. Remember, there cannot be more than three colors in your outfit at one time.
9. Wash Your Clothes The Right Way
Don’t mix whites with colors; don’t put your bras in the washer; wash delicates in the low heat setting; sweaters need a different detergent – pay attention.
10. When In Doubt, Layer
Layer your outfit to camouflage any unflattering flab, add definition to amp up your look.
11. Chambray, Plaid, And Denim Shirts Are A Must
Even if you are switching to a capsule wardrobe, you need these.
[ Read: 19 Cute Denim Shirt Outfits Ideas ]
12. Organize Your Closet Every Three Months
A capsule wardrobe is a concept many women are turning towards and enjoying the benefits of. If you think that it will not work for you, at least organize your closet once in a while. You will slowly start to realize how many things you do not use are there in your wardrobe and will discard them anyway.
13. Impulsive Shopping – MAKE IT STOP
A sale should never be a cue to buy something. I mean, not never, but it should not always be (which is the case for most of us). If you have been waiting for a particular product to go on sale, sure, pick it up, but if it’s a random dress you want just because it is on discount, ask yourself if you’d buy it if it wasn’t on sale. You have your answer.
14. Prepare – Practice The Mantra
If you know that you might go shopping this weekend, do a little research and look up stuff online. See how people are styling it, how much you can invest in one piece. This will prevent you from overspending.
15. Accessorize Your Outfits Away
Accessories are an integral part of dressing up. Keep aside some money just for accessories. Just one chunky piece of jewelry can marry an entire outfit. Wear them as per the occasion – office, party, concert, etc.
16. Every Girl Needs AN LBD – Get One ASAP
This is self-explanatory, every girl needs an LBD!
17. Master The Art Of Tucking
Front tuck, half-tuck, navel tuck or a full tuck – you need to master some or all of them.
18. Always Have A Few Fashion Tips Up Your Sleeve
Learn some basic fashion tips. Like tucking your jeans into the boots, cleaning wine stains, unshrinking clothes, cleaning jewelry, etc. You will save money and sometimes yourself from embarrassment too.
19. Play With Prints And Patterns
Playing with patterns and prints is an art in itself. Some have a natural knack for working with prints, some of us need to learn them. There’s nothing Google cannot help you with, so prepare yourself and act like a pro.
20. Don’t Mix Too Many Colors Or Prints Or Both
Colorful florals with plain skirts or bottoms, or printed dresses with plain accessories and shoes are good – there’s a way to mix them up. You simply cannot afford to mess up.
21. For Long Legs – Match Your Shoes With Trousers
A fashion or a life hack – whatever you call this. You’re welcome!
22. Let One Color Pop At One Time
Wear one bright color at a time and let that pop.
23. Own Pieces You Can Use More Than One Way
Like a chambray or plaid shirt, plain black or tank tops, cardigans, T-shirt dresses, etc.
24. Make Fleece Leggings Your BFF (In Winter)
Fleece leggings are Santa’s way of saying he exists.
25. Remember – Leggings With Long Tops
If you are wearing leggings – wear long tops, this is almost always non-negotiable.
26. Combat Boots Are A Classic Too
These are, have, and will be a classic forever!
27. Balance Out Loose With Tight
Keep one part of your outfit loose and the rest tight, depending on your body type.
28. Athleisure Is Catching Up – You Need Some
Invest in good athleisure wear; wearing sloppy sweatpants to the gym is not cool anymore. Plus, it motivates you like nothing ever does.
Should be your mantra for fashion, or otherwise too.
30. Hem Your Pants – Should Ideally Be At The Top Of This List And Yours Too
Always, always, hem your pants – nothing is more unflattering than folded denim or trousers.
31. Master The Art Of Color Blocking
32. Buy Belts – Both Big And Slim
Sometimes, you need chunky belts, and sometimes, the slimmer kinds. So, keep them both handy.
33. Pay Attention To The Details
Pop your outfit with as little details as you can. Listen up people heading to work or college – this is your best bet.
34. Explore Nude Lipsticks And Pumps
These will never let you down.
35. When Wearing White, Choose Proper Innerwear
If you can carry whites, nothing like it. Also, choose seamless panties and perfect bras.
36. Between Horizontal And Vertical Stripes – Always Choose Vertical
Petite women – vertical stripes make you look taller; plus sized women, these create an illusion and make you look slimmer. It’s always the better choice out of the two, but suit yourself.
37. In Winters, Outerwear Is Your Best Bet – Spruce It Up
If you get three to six months of winter, you know how boring dressing up can be and how depressing life can get. So, give it all you have got for outerwear.
38. Have At Least One Interesting Animal Print Piece
It can be a clutch, a cross-body bag, boots or a scarf – one animal printed piece once in a while is a fair risk. You will soon realize it’s borderline addictive.
39. Take A Cue From The Seasons
Fall is about the checkered shirts and camel boots, while winters are about woolen scarves and fancy coats (if you are lucky), summers mean shorts, dresses, and life at its beautiful best – so take a cue from them, follow trends, and look pretty anyway.
40. Know The Difference Between A Day And A Night Dress
A sequined dress is for a night party, a floral one is for the day, and anything in between is for the evening – tread cautiously.
41. Don’t Buy It Because It’s Cheap – Buy Because You Need It
Need I say more? We are all guilty as charged. Let’s try and shift gears slowly.
42. Know Your Best Feature – And Show It Off, Always
Be it your curves, booty, legs or an hourglass figure. All your outfits should work towards enhancing your best features, without being in your face (more like other people’s faces).
43. Experiment With Denim – Distressed, Bootcut, Boyfriend
Experiment and see what else might suit your body other than just standard jeans. I’m sure there are more than one kind that suits all of us.
44. Blazer Up, Sometimes
45. Pantsuits, Jumpsuits, And Tracksuits Are Evergreen
It might seem like they are taking a break, but they will always find their way back into the clothing line. But, if they do take a break, it’s never considered dated to wear these.
46. Learn A Few Hairstyles That Are Versatile
The messy bun is nice, I’m not arguing that, but also learn to do a few more hairstyles – you never know when you may need them.
47. Makeup – Know What Works For You
Check out some YouTube tutorials to know what kind of makeup you like, and invest in good products – we all need makeup at some point, if not every day.
48. There’s Never A Wrong Time To Wear Red Lipstick
Ruby Woo, Dior’s Rouge or Chanel’s Pirate – you need these or the deepest shade of red in your cosmetic closet. And don’t listen to them – it’s always a good time to wear a red lipstick.
49. Know When To Cinch The Waist, And When Not To
Sometimes, cinching at the waist works like magic, and sometimes, it falls flat on our face. Ask people, ask Google, or maybe, ask yourself.
50. Lastly, Be Confident
Nothing, nothing works as confidence does. And, unfortunately, there’s no workaround to this one. Be you, be beautiful.
All said and done, there are no hard and fast rules for fashion, only guidelines, tips, and expert advice. If you think something works for you, go ahead by all means. If you think we forgot to mention something in here, please drop in a message in the comments section below. Hope this helps. See you soon with another post, bye for now.
- How To Dress For Your Body Type – Complete Guide
- 50 Essential Face Makeup Tips And Tricks For Beginners
- 18 Best Hair Care Tips and Tricks
- Fashion For Women Over 50 – Style Guide And Wardrobe Tips
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- What Is Micellar Water And How To Use It Effectively? - September 11, 2018
- 10 Best Salicylic Acid Products – 2018 - September 6, 2018
- 10 Best Overnight Face Masks For Healthy Skin - September 4, 2018
- 10 Easy And Effective Homemade Avocado Face Masks - September 4, 2018
- 10 Best Supplements For Glowing Skin - August 31, 2018