Wondering what the best and most pain-free place on your body to get inked is? It’s your arms! They are great for flaunting the design, provide a good surface area for your tattoo artist to work on, and don’t hurt as much as other body parts do. The fat and muscle padding in your forearms keep a distance between the needle and your nerves, making the tattooing process relatively less painful.
Here is a list of 29 super cool and trending tattoo designs you can try on your forearms. Hope they inspire you to get your first forearm tattoo!
Best Forearm Tattoo Designs With Their Meanings For Women
1. Floral Tattoo
Floral tattoos signify elegance and womanhood. Floral designs are the best way to portray your feminine side. This beautiful orchid and rose design done in monochrome hues will make you stand out in a crowd.
2. Native American Forearm Tattoo
If you are a fan of native art, this ethnic design is the perfect tattoo for you. This beautiful sketch of a Native American warrior is a masterpiece. Get it done by a seasoned artist with expertise in portraits.
3. Geometric Fineline Dotwork Forearm Tattoo
Nothing paves the way for modern art in tattooing as playing with simple geometric shapes on your skin. This elegant design is unique in many ways. It features simple monotone triangles surrounding a circle. The zig-zag lines at the bottom add to the overall appeal.
If you like bold designs, you will like this unique design made of monotone hues and distinct shading. The bear is considered auspicious in the Eurasian countries, and having a bear tattoo on your forearm will certainly give a boost to your love for all things nature.
5. Muscle Tattoo On Forearm
This simple yet unique design signifies physical strength, where a person is holding the entire world on his shoulders. With its stunning combination of thick and thin lines, this piece is perfect to go on your forearm as a symbol of power.
6. Elegant Rose Tattoo
Rose tattoos are the most popular designs for the forearms, and they never go out of style. There are many ways to style the rose on your arm. Bunching a few roses side by side in monotone hues with beautiful shading is the best way to flaunt your ornate rose tattoo.
7. Dog Tattoo
If you are a dog-lover and want your forearm tattoo to represent that side of your personality, this twin dog tattoo layout is the perfect option for you. This design will require a seasoned artist with expertise in portrait tattoos.
8. Ancient Warrior Tattoo
This beautiful tattoo design is a masterpiece in itself. This is the perfect option to portray the warrior in you. This intricate tattoo features a Mayan warrior with a red hue in the background.
9. Atom Heart Tattoo
Give a new meaning to the phrase “wearing your heart on your sleeve” with this beautiful tattoo of a human heart. If done well, this simple design on your arm can exhibit the beautiful shade work talent of the tattoo artist.
10. Forearm Quote Tattoo
A quote which means a lot to you deserves a special place on your body, like your forearm! Tattooing your favorite inspirational quote on your arm will definitely make you stand out in the crowd.
11. Abstract Tattoo
The best way to bring out the mysterious side in you is to get an abstract tattoo inked on your forearm. This beautiful monochrome design with broad strokes and expert shading is what abstract art dreams are made of.
12. Anchor Tattoo
Though anchor tattoos have been popular for a long time, they never go out of fashion. There are many places you can sport this design, but the forearm feels like the perfect spot for this tattoo. This bold design, combined with a flower, adds a delicate touch to your tattoo.
13. Yin-Yang Tattoo
If you consider yourself zen and are at a level of tranquility with your state of mind, this Yin and Yang tattoo defines you. This beautiful design, in combination with a mandala on your forearm, is the perfect tattoo for you.
14. Pine Tree Tattoo
If you love solo adventures and like the peace of the forest, this pine tree tattoo is the ideal tattoo for your forearm. The surreal design includes a pine forest inverted on mountains. This design is a beautiful work of art and will add a mysterious charm to your forearm.
15. Mandala Tattoo
Mandala art is the new trend in tattoos. This beautiful form of art features a kaleidoscope of geometric designs and vibrant hues that are a feast for the eyes.
16. Animal Tattoo
If you are a fan of the wild and think that your nature resembles the magnificent characteristics of an animal, go for an animal tattoo. This line drawing of a fox paired with watercolor style of painting is gorgeous and unique.
17. Religious Tattoo
Religion is something that is very close to a few people’s hearts. If you are religious and would like to flaunt your faith with the help of body art, you can get a religious symbol tattooed on your forearm. Consider this
beaded rosary and cross design if you are Christian.
18. Feather Tattoo
This beautiful and delicate feather design is the perfect tattoo for the sensitive soul. It is feminine and light. The elegant shading done in black and white will look perfect on your forearm.
19. Time-Telling Tattoo
How about a timeless tattoo that depicts the fleeting of time on rosy wings? One to remember the best days of your life? This classic design consists of an hourglass running out of sand. This elaborate design is enough to make you stand out in a crowd.
20. Freedom Tattoo
This sweet tattoo will make you run to your nearest tattoo parlor to get it etched on your arm. This simple liner tattoo of an open cage and birds flying out denotes freedom. The galaxy background adds to the beauty of this tattoo.
21. Compass Tattoo
This enchanting compass design for your forearm is one of a kind. Surrounded by a colorful map, the compass denotes direction in abstractness. The vivid colors and quill at the top finish off this cool tattoo beautifully.
22. Human Skull Tattoo
Skull tattoos have been around since time immemorial, and you can never go wrong with them. Add your own twist to your skull tattoo by adorning it with a butterfly and leaf design at the top. Keep the colors to a minimum to make the skull stand out.
23. Owl Tattoo
If you are an owl lover, this super realistic design is the perfect choice for you. The beautiful shade work on the owl with a watch and the Roman numerals at the bottom make it a masterpiece. The bright blue eyes add to the charm of the tattoo.
24. Antique Gun Tattoo
If you are a tough girl, this tattoo will suit your killer attitude. This beautifully designed monochrome gun has an antique look. The elongated design will look perfect on your forearm.
25. Elegant Butterfly Tattoo
Butterfly tattoos are evergreen. This vibrant tattoo design with a blue and purple gradient background looks great on dusky skin. The five different colored butterflies finish off the design elegantly.
26. Power Word Tattoo
You do not always have to depend on a big bulky tattoo to make you feel beautiful. A small word can hold a lot of meaning, especially one that means a lot to you. Experiment with new fonts and angles to create a tattoo that is uniquely you.
27. Madonna Tattoo
Portrait tattoos always look great. If you are a Madonna fan and want to let the whole world know, get this funky forearm tattoo. The light color palette and delicate outline make it even more appealing.
28. Bird Skull Tattoo
An animal skull tattoo represents reincarnation. A bird’s skull symbolizes immortal freedom of thought and expression. This beautifully shaded bird skull design against a bouquet tied with a ribbon is the perfect way to showcase the undying expression of your thoughts.
29. Space Tattoo
The beautiful space design features the cosmos and stars. This elegant design depicts the whole galaxy in colorful hues. Hop onto the galaxy bandwagon with this gorgeous tattoo.
Here’s how you can prep your forearm before getting it tattooed.
Preparation Tips For A Forearm Tattoo
No pain, no gain. Getting inked can be a thrilling as well as agonizing experience. Here are some things you can do to make the process a little less painful:
- Make sure you do thorough research on the tattooing process to prepare yourself mentally. Also, be confident of the design to be etched on your forearm.
- The more hydrated you are, the more supple your skin gets to absorb the ink. Increase your water intake a week before you get tattooed.
- Stay away from alcohol. Avoid taking aspirin the day before getting a tattoo as it is a blood thinner and will make the tattoo wound bleed more.
- The tattooing process is time-consuming, so have a full meal before going to the tattoo studio.
- Wear sleeveless clothes that keep your forearm accessible to the tattoo artist.
- Keep your forearm moisturized and supple. Avoid getting sunburns in the area.
Here are some maintenance and aftercare tips to make your healing process smoother.
Maintenance Guidelines After Getting A Forearm Tattoo
- After getting a tattoo done, your skin is an open wound. It is very important that you protect your skin against any infection and take care of the tattoo to make it look rich and new for as long as possible. Normally, a tattoo takes two weeks to heal entirely on the surface and about a month to heal internally.
- Always listen to the advice given by your tattoo artist about aftercare.
- Keep the tattoo covered for 2-5 hours after getting it done. Wash it gently with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Keep the tattoo protected with a layer of moisturizer to keep the color vibrant for long.
- Try to avoid contact with water for as long as possible. During showers, keep the tattoo wrapped in a plastic bandage.
- Protect the tattoo from direct sunlight and apply sunscreen before going out.
- Do not scratch the tattoo as it will damage the design.
- Be patient through the healing process. The healing process depends on your immunity and the size of the tattoo.
- Get the tattoo touched up every few years to keep it looking fresh and vibrant.
Your forearms are the perfect place to flaunt a tattoo. Which of these forearm tattoos are you dying to try out? Comment below to let us know!
- 19 Best Arm Tattoo Designs and Meanings
- Top 10 Inspirational Tattoo Designs
- 23 Best Japanese Tattoo Designs and Ideas
- 22 Traditional Tribal Tattoo Designs and Meanings
Latest posts by Harini Natarajan (see all)
- 20 Stay-At-Home Date Ideas For Couples - October 14, 2019
- 350 Truth Or Dare Questions To Spice Up The Party - October 14, 2019
- 7 Reasons People Lie When They Don’t Need To - September 30, 2019
- 13 Best Plus-Size Online Stores In Canada - September 30, 2019
- 71 Heart-warming Love Messages For Him - September 25, 2019