Finding the perfect foundation is tricky. On top of that, if your skin is sensitive and reactive, the process can be all the more complicated. There’s an abundance of formulas out there designed to protect your skin if it’s prone to redness, breakouts, and irritation. We have compiled a list of 15 foundations for sensitive skin that are most likely to work for you if you have sensitive skin. You can choose from light, medium to full coverage formulas and various finishes depending on your preference. Here’s what’s hot!
Best Selling Foundations For Sensitive Skin
- Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
- Lakme Absolute Illuminating Foundation
- M.A.C Next To Nothing Face Color Foundation
- The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
- M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
- Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer
- Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation
- The Balm PhotoBalm Powder Foundation
- Deborah BB Cream 5 In 1 Foundation
- Rimmel Match Perfect Cream Compact Foundation
- Inglot Cream Foundation
- Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
Liquid Foundations For Sensitive Skin
1. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
- Easy to apply
- Dermatologist and allergy tested
- It does not come with a pump dispenser
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review
If you’re looking for a matte finish foundation that is incredibly weightless and easy to use – Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation is a wonderful option. It minimizes the appearance of pores and contains blurring micro-powders that help absorb oil all day long. It applies smoothly and evenly and has decent staying power. It does not dry too fast so you can take your time to achieve that seamless blend. The coverage is buildable, ranging from sheer to medium. Also, if you have combination to oily skin, this would work very well. It comes in 14 different shades to match your skin tone.
2. Lakme Absolute Illuminating Foundation
- Easy to blend
- Gives the skin a healthy glow
- Medium coverage
- Good packaging
- Limited shade range
Lakme Absolute Illuminating Foundation Review
This foundation by Lakme comes in their ‘Absolute’ range’s signature packaging with a handy pump. It has a very creamy consistency that blends flawlessly. It helps even out uneven skin tone, and conceal redness and pigmentation to a certain extent. If you prefer a dewy finish to a matte one – this foundation is a must-try! This would make a good fit for those with normal to dry skin and is available in four shades to choose from.
3. M.A.C Next To Nothing Face Color Foundation
- Refines skin texture
- Provides hydration and instant radiance
- Smoothes and softens skin
- Comfortable to wear
- Clings to dry patches
M.A.C Next To Nothing Face Color Foundation Review
If you’re looking for a natural and light coverage foundation for your sensitive skin – this one by M.A.C is enough to blur out imperfections, yet look natural. It’s perfect to give you a polished look for work. Its consistency is balmy and fluid-like, and it has a smooth texture that glides easily over the skin. It also helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It leaves you with a nice, dewy finish. This foundation comes in eight different shades and is suitable for normal to combination and oily skin. If you have dry skin, you need to thoroughly moisturize before going in with this product.
4. The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Infused with aloe vera and English rose water
- Highly hydrating
- Comes with SPF 15
- Limited shade range available
The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation Review
As its name suggests, the Fresh Nude Foundation from The Body Shop is formulated to leave your skin feeling fresh and comfortable all day long. This one gives you the most natural and dewy finish. Besides, it comes with added sun protection. Its texture is slightly runny, yet it’s easy to blend into the skin. If you’re prone to acne and breakouts – this one is a safe option as it does not clog pores or feel heavy on the skin. Like it claims, this foundation gives you a semi-matte finish, but it slightly leans more towards the dewy side.
This is available in five shades and is perfect for normal to combination skin. If you have mature, aging skin – you must try this formula as it does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
- Smooth, matte texture
- Looks very natural
- A little goes a long way
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Poor oil control
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Review
If your skin is prone to acne and redness – this ‘anti-blemish’ liquid makeup from Clinique contains medicated ingredients that help treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back. Its formula is non-irritating and helps blur out blemishes and neutralize redness. It blends easily and provides sheer to moderate coverage. It does keep your skin looking fresh all day long and is perfect for normal to dry and combination skin types. If you have oily skin, you might want to use a primer before you go in with this product. It’s available in eight shades.
Powder Foundations For Sensitive Skin
6. M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
- Easy to use
- Buildable coverage
- Does not clog pores
- Lightweight and velvety texture
- Price is on the higher side
M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation Review
The Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is your one-stop tool to give you that smooth, all-matte and flawless finish. Even if you’re completely new to makeup, you’ll still find this easy to work with. It allows your skin to breathe and does not feel like you’re wearing anything heavy on your skin. The coverage it provides is stunning. If you want to go in with the ‘my skin, but better’ look, simply moisturize well, use a primer and this foundation, and you’re good to go!
This comes in 40 shades and is most suitable for normal to combination and oily skin.
7. Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation
- Comfortable to wear
- Blends easily and evenly
- 3-in-1 benefits of a primer, foundation, and compact
- Contains no SPF
Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation Review
The Lakme 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation comes in pretty rose gold packaging and the case has separate sections for the product and the applicator sponge. Its texture is creamy and silky smooth, and blends in effortlessly. It conceals fine lines and pores to an extent but doesn’t do anything major in terms of coverage. This is ideal for normal to combination and oily skin. If you’re someone with dry skin, you will need to moisturize properly before applying this. It’s available in six shades.
8. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer
- Skin breathes comfortably
- True to color
- Does not clog pores
- Poor value for money
Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer Review
This powder foundation, like it claims, lasts all day through sweat and humidity without clogging your pores. Its coverage is buildable, and it can be built up to medium coverage. It comes with a sponge that can be used to apply and blend out the product. If you’re on the hunt for an all-in-one makeup product for your sensitive skin – this is quite handy and efficient.
It comes in four shades and is ideal for normal to combination and oily skin types.
9. Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation
- Finely-milled and smooth texture
- Mattifies the skin without looking cakey
- Functional packaging
- Does not sink into fine lines and wrinkles
- Price is on the higher side
Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation Review
This powder foundation from Bobbi Brown comes in a fuss-free, straightforward packaging with a decent-sized mirror. Its texture is super smooth, and it’s oil-free. You get sheer coverage, and it helps give you a smooth canvas to work on. This foundation powder would work well even on dry skinned women as long as they ensure to properly moisturize before going in with this. It leaves you with a natural, matte finish and also stays on for long hours.
This comes in 20 different shades, so it’s easier to find a match for your skin tone.
10. The Balm PhotoBalm Powder Foundation
- Super easy to apply
- Good color range
- Cute packaging with a mirror
- Controls oil
- Does not look cakey
- To build full coverage, you need to use quite a lot of product
The Balm PhotoBalm Powder Foundation Review
This powder foundation from theBalm cosmetics is housed in a unique, vintage-style packaging with a built-in mirror. It’s very easy to blend and buffs effortlessly onto the face. It’s also talc-free and can be worn alone or over liquid foundation or a primer. This foundation powder is best suited for oily skin and also for those who love a good old matte finish.
It’s available in 8 different shades.
Cream Foundations For Sensitive Skin
11. Deborah BB Cream 5 In 1 Foundation
- Easy to blend
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Evens out skin tone
- Comes with SPF 20
- The ingredient list isn’t mentioned
Deborah BB Cream 5 In 1 Foundation Review
If you’re into foundations with a creamy consistency, this one by Deborah is 5-in-1 BB and foundation that gives you that flawless yet natural-looking coverage. It does a good job of blurring out pores and neutralizing redness without feeling heavy on the skin. This is also hypoallergenic and claims to moisturize and nourish your skin while protecting it from UV rays and pollution.
It’s suitable for all skin types and is available in five shades.
12. Rimmel Match Perfect Cream Compact Foundation
- Blends easily
- Contains SPF 15
- Leaves you with a dewy finish
- Compact and travel-friendly packaging
- Staying power isn’t great
Rimmel Match Perfect Cream Compact Foundation Review
This cream foundation comes in a square plastic case with a slim tray, a mirror, and a perforated compartment that houses a square sponge applicator. It’s best to apply this thick, creamy formula with a damp sponge over a primer. If you have dry skin, do moisturize well before going in with this formula as it tends to enhance dry patches. This gives you sheer coverage, and if you want a natural look, this does a great job.
It comes in six shades and is suitable for normal to combination skin types.
13. Inglot Cream Foundation
- Conceals dark spots
- Natural finish
- Does not have a nozzle, making it hard to dispense the product
Inglot Cream Foundation Review
This foundation by Inglot has a very smooth and creamy consistency, and it glides onto the skin easily without feeling cakey. It leaves you with a semi-dewy finish, and its coverage falls between light to medium. It’s got an impressive staying power and does not require a lot of touch-ups. It also photographs well and does not cause your skin to break out.
This is great for normal to combination and dry skin. It’s available in a total of 8 shades.
14. Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation
- Buildable medium-to-full coverage
- Does not blend too easily
Honest Beauty Everything Cream Foundation Review
If you’ve got skin issues that flare up at the slightest triggers, this cream foundation from Honest Beauty is bound to be your safest bet. The gentle formula combines vitamin E and jojoba oil in 16 skin-loving shades. The buildable coverage gives your skin a velvety demi-matte finish. The lightweight foundation also balances your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
[ Also Read – LA Girl Pro Coverage Illuminating Liquid Foundation ]
15. L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
- Buildable and customizable coverage
- Leaves you with a fresh finish
- Goes on smoothly
- Very little product
L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation Review
This cushion foundation comes in a classy, compact packaging with a convenient mirror and an applicator sponge. However, it’s easier to apply this using a damp beauty sponge. The coverage is buildable from sheer to medium. It leaves you with a radiant, healthy, and dewy finish and makes for a great everyday foundation. If you have oily skin, you can use a primer before going in with this product. It’s most suitable for normal to combination and dry skin and is available in six shades.
*Subject to Availability
Quick Tips To Choose The Perfect Foundation For Your Delicate Skin
Now that you have some amazing formulas to choose from – here’s a quick guide to choosing one that would work for your sensitive skin type – be it dry, oily or a combination.
If you’re someone with oily skin, it tends to have an overall shine accompanied by breakouts and acne scars. We recommend using either a mineral powder foundation or a water-based liquid foundation. Also, make sure that the foundation label reads non-comedogenic.
Dry skin, on the other hand, tends to feel tight. A cream-based liquid to stick foundation will work best for you and will also help in keeping your skin hydrated.
Cream-to-powder foundations or mineral powder foundations work well for combination skin.
If you have mature, aging skin – you need to give it some extra care. Choose a formula that fits your skin type and look out for ones that come with anti-aging properties and SPF.
The wrong foundation formula can lead to irritation and redness. In the process of finding your holy grail foundation, don’t play trial-and-error and aggravate your skin problems. Instead, be more conscious and mindful of the ingredients that it contains. Choosing hypoallergenic products is so essential as it helps to maintain your skin’s balance. That was our roundup of the best foundations for sensitive skin. Do you have a go-to foundation that you worship? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 100+ Top Rated Clinique Makeup Products – You Must Try
- Top 15 Foundations (And Reviews) For Women With Oily Skin
- 10 Best Selling Foundations For Combination Skin
- 15 Best Waterproof Foundations That You Should Try In 2018
- Top 11 Famous Mineral Foundations in India
- 15 Best Full-Coverage Foundations (And Their Reviews)
- Best Foundations For All Skin Types
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- 9 Of The Best Green Concealers To Cancel Out Redness - October 10, 2019
- The 9 Differences Between Loving Someone And Being In Love - October 9, 2019
- 9 Of The Best Rainbow Highlighters Out There - September 30, 2019
- 10 Of The Best Morphe Brushes Of All Time - September 30, 2019
- What Is the Difference Between Primer, Foundation, And Concealer? - September 30, 2019