French love quotes are the best way to impress your loved one and express your feelings! Apparently, the French have a knack for encapsulating love in words. It is a Romance language derived from Latin and is often touted as the most romantic language. Foreigners often perceive French as melodious. The language strives for euphony and melodious intonation with all its vigor. We have compiled a collection of 17 love quotes in French that are sure to touch your heart and stir your mind. Scroll down!
In This Article
17 Beautiful French Love Quotes For The Romantic In You
- “Je t’aime plus qu’hier moins que demain.” – Rosemonde Gérard
English Translation: “I love you more than yesterday, less than tomorrow.”
- “En sa beauté gît ma mort et ma vie.” – Maurice Scève
English Translation: “In her beauty resides my death and my life.”
- “Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.” – Blaise Pascal
English Translation: “The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.”
- “Aimer, ce n’est pas se regarder l’un l’autre, c’est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
English Translation: “Love does not mean gazing at each other, but looking together in the same direction”
- “L’amour est la poésie des sens.” – Honoré de Balzac
English Translation: “Love is the poetry of the senses.”
- “La passion est toute l’humanité, sans elle, la religion, l’histoire, le roman, l’art seraient inutiles.” – Honoré de Balzac
English Translation: “Passion is in all humanity; without it, religion, history, literature, and art would be rendered useless.”
- “Vivre sans aimer n’est pas proprement vivre.” – Molière
English Translation: “To live without loving is to not really live.”
- “On n’aime que ce qu’on ne possède pas tout entier.” – Marcel Proust
English Translation: “We love only what we do not wholly possess.”
- “La vie est un sommeil, l’amour en est le rêve.” – Alfred de Musset
English Translation: “Life is a long sleep and love is its dream.”
- “J’entends ta voix dans tous les bruits du monde.” – Paul Éluard
English Translation: “I hear your voice in all of the world’s noise.”
- “Je viens du ciel et les étoiles entre elles ne parlent que de toi.” – Francis Cabrel
English Translation: “I come from the sky, and the stars only ever speak of you.”
- “L’esprit s’enrichit de ce qu’il reçoit, le cœur de ce qu’il donne.” – Victor Hugo
English Translation: “The spirit grows with what it receives, the heart with what it gives.”
- “Aimer, c’est vivre; aimer, c’est voir; aimer, c’est être.” – Victor Hugo
English Translation: “To love is to live; to love is to see; to love is to be.”
- “Je t’aime parce que tout l’univers a conspiré à me faire arriver jusqu’à toi.” – Paulo Coelho
English Translation: “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
- “Elle avait dans les yeux, la force de son coeur.” – Charles Baudelaire
English Translation: “She had in her eyes, the force of her heart.”
- “Je pense toujours à toi.” – Unknown
English Translation: “I always think of you.”
- “Il n’est rien de réel que le rêve et l’amour.” – Anna de Noailles
English Translation: “Nothing is real, but dreams and love.”
These gorgeous quotes are great to text to your beloved. But, what about some basic French to impress them? Here are a few popular French phrases that you can pepper into your everyday conversations to woo your partner.
10 Popular Romantic French Phrases That You Should Know
- “Je t’aime”
English Translation: “I love you”
- “Tu me manques.”
English Translation: “You are missing from me.”
- “Mon/ma chéri”
English Translation: “My dear”
- “Qu’est-ce que je ferais sans toi?”
English Translation: “What would I do without you?
- “Tu me rends fou.”
English Translation: “You drive me crazy!”
- “Tu es ma joie de vivre.”
English Translation: “You are the joy of my life.”
- “Je veux être avec toi.”
English Translation: “I want to be with you.”
- “Mon amour pour toi est éternel.”
English Translation: “My love for you is eternal.”
- “Veux-tu m’épouser?”
English Translation: “Will you marry me?”
- “Je veux passer ma vie avec toi.”
English Translation: “I want to spend my life with you.”
There is absolutely no denying that French is a language of love. So, using the quotes that we have mentioned above, you will certainly melt your beloved’s heart like never before. These sweet, cute, and romantic words will melt your partner’s heart and make them feel your intense, pure love. But make sure you understand the meaning of those French love quotes before using them. These words should come right from your heart and not be spoken mechanically. So, have an in-depth understanding of these French phrases and quotes and express your love and affection towards your love interest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the meaning of La Vie Est Belle?
It means “Life is beautiful” and signifies new beginnings.
What do the French call their lover?
“Mon amoureux” for males and “mon amoureuse” for females, is how the French address their partner.
What does La Vie en Rose mean?
It essentially means seeing life through rose-tinted glasses.
How do you say romantic in French?
“Romantique” is the word used in French that means romantic.
What is rose called in French?
The rose flower is called “la rosa” in French.
- 101 “I Love You” Quotes To Express How You Feel
- 151 All-time Favorite Quotes About Falling In Love
- 61 Quotes For Your Husband For Every Occasion