Getting fit and light is probably everyone’s motto these days. People across the world are trying to look slim, toned, and gorgeous. You will never hear someone say that they would like to put on a little weight or eat a little more to maintain that chubby waist! On the contrary, everyone wants to know the tips and tricks to lose some weight and get rid of that extra fat. If you happen to be one of them, then this article is just the one for you. I am about to introduce an explosive movement that will change your body drastically only within a couple of months. Yes, you guessed it right! It’s none other than frog jumps!
What Is Frog Jump?
Just like the name suggests, frog jumps are all about jumping like a happy frog! It is an effective movement and is easy to do. You don’t have to go to the gym or somewhere spacious.This exercise takes up little space and can maximize the calorie burn within a couple of minutes. It is intense, innovative and something that will elevate your heart rate like never before!
How Should You Do It?
To burn off the extra calories and shed those pounds, you need to do this exercise the right way. Begin with squatting all the way down to the ground and place both your hands right in front of you. Now jump into the air and tap your heels at the same time. If you find the movement difficult, feel free to keep your hands behind your head. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, but don’t stop.
Use An Exercise Ball:
You can make your workout a little more challenging by using an exercise ball. All you have to do is stand right behind the exercise ball and squat down. Hold the ball with both your hands and make sure your knees are bent at 90 degrees Keep your feet sideways. Now, jump as high as you can and lift the ball overhead. Your hands should be straight. Come back down and repeat 8 times. You will be exhausted after this!
[ Read: Benefits Of Monkey Jump Exercise ]
How Long Should You Do It?
It is also important to know how long you should do frog jumps? The point is to lose the fat and not strain your body or injure yourself. If you are a beginner, start off with 20 to 30 seconds. Take a five second break and keep repeating as long as you can. Try and work your way to a whole minute. If you happen to be stronger, then start off with a full minute, take a break and go back again. You could also do this along with some jumping jacks, squats, lunges, crunches and spot jogging. Your workout will be fat blasting indeed.
Benefits Of Frog Jumps:
Frog jump exercise benefits are full, some of which are:
- Strengthens your calves, glutes, hamstrings, quads and leg muscles. If you are looking for some toning, this exercise is perfect for you.
- Reduces stiffness and leg pain.
- Helps in melting away unnecessary and stubborn fat from different sections of your body.
- Boosts memory level and helps to remember things for a longer period of time.
- It’s cheap and free! You don’t need to join a fancy gym. You can practice frog jumps at home also.
[ Read: Easy Steps To Do Plié Squat Jumps ]
Tips To Remember:
You should remember the following tips while practicing frog jump exercises:
- When you are down, remember to breathe in.
- Breathe out while jumping up.
- Try not to land on your heels since they aren’t good for your heels.
- Don’t relax your quads too much. They won’t be of much help either.
So, are you ready to jump with joy? After all, with frog jumps, you are sure to burn off all those layers of extra fat of your body! But remember not to strain yourself. If you feel like your body had enough, Stop!
Have you ever tried the frog jumps? Were they useful? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- 14 Amazing Benefits Of Skipping Exercises For Your Body
- 10 No-Equipment Workouts You Can Do At Home
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Monkey Jump Exercise
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure - August 5, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015