If you are someone who does not like to take themselves too seriously, you are awesome! And to let people know that, you must know a few funny ways to describe yourself. Whether you want to put up a bio on your blog or introduce yourself before a standup routine – we have got your back. Here are a few “About Me” quotes that are short, ridiculous, amusing, funny, comical, whimsical, and perfect for introducing yourself. Read on!
In This Article
31 Quotes About Yourself
- “I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” – Oscar Wilde
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” – A.A. Milne
- “I am a Queen because I know how to govern myself.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.” – Albert Einstein
- “I don’t think of myself as an ugly person. I think of myself as a beautiful monkey.” – Unknown
- “As a girl, I am this stupid, emotional, very loyal, sort of believe-in-values-and-principals sort of girl.” – Priyanka Chopra
- “All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.” – Alexander Woollcott
- “If I had to describe myself in one word, it would be bad at following directions.” – Unknown
- “I give myself sometimes admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it.” – Mary Wortley Montagu
- “I am not like other girls…I know exactly what I want for dinner. I’ve been thinking about it since lunch.” – Unknown
- “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don’t know the answer.” – Douglas Adams
- “I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” – Arthur C. Clarke
- “Some days, I amaze myself. Other days, I put my keys in the fridge.” – Unknown
- “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin
- “LIFE is my college. May I graduate well and earn some HONORS.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “I try to avoid things that make me fat, like scales, mirrors, and photographs.” – Unknown
- “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.” – Groucho Marx
- “My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
- “I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
- “I’m a real liability.” – Sophie Turner
- “I’m not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter.” – Unknown
- “I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.” – Emo Philips
- “Oh hi, I’m Pete. Just an actual Pizza Roll living that Pizza life.” – Totinos
- “I’m not concerned about my age, I don’t feel a day over fabulous.” – Unknown
- “My favorite machine at the gym is the vending machine.” – Caroline Rhea
- “I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.” – David Lee Roth
- “I dance like nobody’s watching, because they are not. They are all checking their phone.” – Unknown
- “I and me are always too deep in conversation.” – Friedrich Nietzche
- “I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.” – Drake
- “I don’t suffer from shyness, I’m just holding back my awesomeness so I don’t intimidate you.” – Unknown
- “I’m in shape. Round is a shape.” – George Carlin
20 Sayings About Yourself
- I am so hot that I wonder if I am contributing to global warming.
- I made a to-do list for today. I just can’t figure out who’s going to do it.
- It may look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m very busy.
- During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. During the night, I become a bit more open-minded.
- Surround yourself with tacos, not negativity.
- I’m so old, I remember when taking a selfie wasn’t even fashionable.
- Have you seen a squirrel crossing the streets? Yeah right, my decision-making skills resemble it.
- I am athletic, can’t you tell? I’m known to surf the web for hours.
- I am the peanut butter you’ve been craving for!
- I’m not unlucky in love, I’m just extremely good at being single! Let me know if you need some tips.
- Normal is overrated, weird is good, so I am weird.
- I wake up every morning with the joy and excitement of wanting to go directly back to sleep.
- I want to kill the sexiest person alive, but suicide is a crime.
- I never forget to keep my heels and standards high.
- I have travel plans, but my bank balance can’t keep up with them.
- I have an eating disorder. I’m about to eat dis order of pizza, dis order of fries, and dis order of nuggets.
- I just wish my mouth had some kind of pause button sometimes.
- I’m not lazy. I’m just on energy saving mode!
- I’m so awesome, I wish I had a friend like me.
- Forget love, I’d rather fall in chocolate.
Infographic: Creative Ways To Introduce Yourself
It may be overwhelming to introduce yourself in front of a group. However, there are some creative ways to describe your personality to leave a lasting impression. This can also show your jocular, merry, and jolly side to people. Check out the infographic below for some exciting ideas to make yourself approachable and unforgettable.
Describing yourself can be one of the toughest tasks you may have to put your mind to. However, the right tone and some witty words can make a lasting impression on people. The one-liners mentioned above can help you pack that extra punch whenever you introduce yourself before someone. It could be something with ironic, satirical, playful, or laughable quips that make things entertaining. With the ideas discussed in the article, everyone will remember your unique and quirky way of expressing yourself and even take a cue from you to revamp their introduction style! Avoid facetious, droll, absolutely absurd, or farcical comments, unless you know the crowd! So, what are you waiting for? Choose the ideas that resonate with you and your personality, and get ready to floor your audience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you write creatively about yourself?
You may introduce yourself with an attention-grabbing statement while sharing relevant details with a bit of a humorous and jovial touch. It will create a long-lasting impression on the reader.
How do I describe my personality?
The best way to describe your personality is to be sincere and self-aware. Let others know you are already aware of your personality traits. Keep it lighthearted to show a positive and confident attitude.
Can I use pop culture references to describe myself humorously?
Yes! Pop-culture references are a fun way to describe yourself. You can pick your favorite character from a TV show or web series, like Monica from FRIENDS to indicate your obsession with cleanliness. Or, pick Lily from How I Met Your Mother if you want to let the other person know you are the mother hen or caretaker of the group,
How can I describe myself in one word, and why?
Sit down and think about your personality in detail and pick the words that best capture your essence, such as ambitious, loyal, caring, and adventurous. Pick any word that truly resonates with your personality
Can using humor to describe yourself be a way to cope with insecurity or anxiety?
Yes. Many people use humor, such as a self-deprecating joke or pun, as a coping mechanism while talking about themselves, especially about their insecurities and anxieties. While this is one way you can demonstrate that you are a lighthearted person, and your self-acceptance, be careful not to overdo it to avoid any awkwardness.
Get ready to laugh out loud as people describe themselves in the most hilarious ways possible! From quirky to weird habits, this video is bound to make you smile.