If you are out of shape and need to tone up, here is one more way to lose a few pounds. Garcinia cambogia is one of the most spoken about fruits for weight loss. This fruit has been found to aid weight loss whether it is used in the raw form, cooked, or used as a supplement. Garcinia cambogia is a very nutritious fruit. You do not have to stop consuming other foods when you are on this diet. Check out this review on Garcinia cambogia to understand how it works its magic on your stubborn fat.
Garcinia Cambogia Reviews
- What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
- How Does Garcinia Cambogia Help You Lose Weight?
- How To Take Garcinia Cambogia For Weight Loss?
- Video On How To Cook Garcinia Cambogia
- Scientific Test Results
- Garcinia Cambogia Health Benefits
- Side Effects Of Garcinia Cambogia
1. What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia or Malabar tamarind is a Southeast Asian fruit. It has been used since a long time as a flavoring agent in various dishes and for preservation purposes. This fruit is a native of Indonesia, but it can also be found in India and West and Central Africa. It is a small, pumpkin-shaped fruit that is sour to taste. For many years, it has been used to treat problems such as gut parasites, rheumatoid arthritis, and bowel malfunctioning (1). It is now one of the most popular weight loss supplements recommended by doctors and fitness gurus all around the world.
In the 90s, Garcinia cambogia was in the limelight when scientists found that its extracts caused weight loss in laboratory animals. However, whether it could work its charm the same way on humans was yet to be established.
2. How Does Garcinia Cambogia Help You Lose Weight?
After analyzing the fruit and conducting experiments, scientists concluded that Garcinia cambogia is, in fact, effective for weight loss in humans as well. Researchers worked to unlock the mystery behind Garcinia cambogia’s weight loss properties. They found that the hydroxycitric acid or HCA present in the rind of this fruit was the main reason behind its anti-obesity property. How does Garcinia cambogia work?
1. Blocks The Enzyme Citrate Lyase
Citrate lyase is an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of starch and sugar into fat. HCA works by blocking this enzyme. It binds to citrate lyase and blocks it from binding to any other molecule. This, in turn, enables the carbohydrates to be used up as energy for bodily functions. Thus, Garcinia cambogia successfully helps to lose weight (2).
2. Raises Serotonin Levels
Hydroxycitric acid or HCA sends appetite suppressing signals to the brain via 5-hydroxytryptophan, a precursor of the hormone serotonin. As a result, the serotonin levels rise, and it increases the level of satisfaction that one receives from food. Hence, you tend to eat less (3).
3. Inhibits Carbohydrate Metabolism
Garcinia cambogia has been found to reduce carbohydrate metabolism by inhibiting the pancreatic enzyme alpha-amylase and intestinal enzyme alpha-glucosidase. Reduced carbohydrate metabolism leads to a significant amount of weight loss (4).
4. Increases Fat Metabolism
Garcinia cambogia has also been found to speed up fat metabolism. Hence, if you take Garcinia cambogia, it will inhibit fat formation as well as metabolize the accumulated fat. Both these properties indicate that Garcinia cambogia aids weight loss.
3. How To Take Garcinia Cambogia For Weight Loss?
- Buy a good brand of Garcinia cambogia extract pills. They should contain 50-60% hydroxycitric acid. Take these pills on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before your meals. You must take them thrice a day. Make sure to drink a lot of water.
- If you are not comfortable with pills, you can use the liquid form of the extract. Use a dropper to take at least 20 drops of this liquid. Ideally, you should take this liquid 10-15 minutes before a meal.
- In Indonesia, Garcinia cambogia is added in fish preparations. You may also add it to veggies or fish or chicken if the flavor appeals to you.
- Here is a video on how to make healthy soup with Garcinia cambogia:
4. Video On How To Cook Garcinia Cambogia
5. Scientific Test Results
a. Nutritional Value
One of the key ingredients of Garcinia cambogia is hydroxycitric acid. It is also the main component that causes weight loss. Xanthones present in Garcinia cambogia have been found to help fight cancer. It is also a good source of Vitamin C and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
In laboratory animals, Garcinia cambogia extract has been found to be an effective weight loss agent. However, there are conflicting theories about Garcinia cambogia being the ultimate weight loss agent in humans as well. People who take the recommended dosage every day along with daily exercise have lost up to 2.9 pounds.
c. Purity And Safety
Garcinia extract pills available in the market are free from any heavy metals, and they do not cause mutation. However, it is always advised to get an expert opinion from your physician before buying these pills.
d. Label Claim
All the available Garcinia cambogia extract pills may deviate from the actual HCA content. It is always a good idea to consult your doctor and buy a good brand of these pills. It is best to use it in cooked foods or as soup.
6. Garcinia Cambogia Health Benefits
These are the health benefits of Garcinia cambogia:
- Aids weight loss.
- Helps in treating parasites and worms.
- Reduces joint pain as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps the digestive system to function properly.
- Helps to fight lung, breast, mouth, and gastric cancer.
- Increases the RBC count in the blood.
- Increases the exercising stamina in women.
- Improves the metabolism rate of glucose.
7. Side Effects Of Garcinia Cambogia
There are a few side effects of Garcinia cambogia. These side effects are not long term, but may affect you till the time you take Garcinia cambogia for weight loss.
- It can cause diarrhea.
- It can cause headaches.
- You may suffer from nausea.
- You may suffer from dryness of the mouth.
- It can also degrade the muscles.
- If you are pregnant or in the breastfeeding stage, avoid Garcinia cambogia as relevant scientific data has not been published yet.
- Do not overdose. To lose weight without exercising or altering your eating habits, you have to be patient. Overdosing will not help you. In fact, it can be fatal.
- Avoid Garcinia cambogia if you are suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Drink lots of water whenever you take Garcinia cambogia supplements.
- If possible, indulge in workouts. You will lose weight faster and feel good.
- Try to avoid high carb or sugar containing foods/drinks.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Always consult your doctor before deciding to use Garcinia cambogia.
- Do not take stress.
Garcinia cambogia is one of the best weight loss supplements. It will also take care of your other health problems such as diabetes, cancer, digestive problems, etc. Many women have lost about five to seven pounds of excess fat with/without any exercise. Working out is always good for your body. Along with taking Garcinia cambogia supplements, go for long walks or short runs. These will help you lose weight faster and enhance your mood.
How Long Does it Take to See Results?
If you only take Garcinia cambogia supplements, you will start seeing results in the fourth week. However, if you exercise as well, you will see the results by the third week.
How Do I Choose Which Supplement To Use?
You should consult your doctor so that you make no misjudgment. There are various supplements in the market, and your doctor will advise you on the right brand.
How Do I Get Started?
You can start by consulting your doctor. After he advises the brand and the dose, try to follow it.
How To Purchase Garcinia Cambogia?
You can purchase Garcinia cambogia in pharmacies or online pharmacies.
What Do You Need To Look For Before You Order Garcinia Cambogia?
Before you buy Garcinia cambogia, make sure it is safe for you to use. If it is safe, go for a good quality brand that contains at least 50% HCA. Also, look for any other chemicals that you are allergic to.
This is all about Garcinia cambogia reviews. If you have any questions, or if you have any suggestions for those who want to try Garcinia cambogia to lose weight, please leave a comment below.
- 10 Expert Dietitian Tips For Weight Loss
- Is Aromatherapy Effective For Weight Loss?
- High Protein Diet For Weight Loss
- 25 DIY Detox Drinks For Weight Loss And Cleansing
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- 15 Yummy Low-Carb Side Dishes To Make Your Diet Interesting - April 16, 2019
- Are You Losing Weight Due To Stress? Here’s What To Do - April 4, 2019
- 8 Best MCT Oils You Will Love When You Are On A Keto Diet - March 29, 2019
- 10 Best Fitness Trackers/Fitness Bands You Won’t Regret Buying - March 29, 2019
- 12 Best Glute Exercises To Shape Up Your Buttocks - March 28, 2019