If getting a smaller waist is on your mind, we can help. Sure, shedding fat from your waist and lower belly area is challenging. But with the right plan, you can steer yourself in the right direction. Keep reading to know the ways you can get a smaller waist quickly. Roll the scroll!
#1 Understand Your Body
This is the most important step – understanding your body type. If you are someone who gains weight quickly and finds it difficult to lose weight as quickly, your body type is endomorphic.
If both gaining and losing weight is easy for you, you have a mesomorphic body type. And, if gaining weight is difficult for you, you have an ectomorphic body type.
Depending on your body type, you may need less or more time to get a smaller waist. The mantra is to stay positive and keep doing the following.
#2 Alter Your Diet
You are what you eat. Increase your fruit and vegetable consumption to lose weight soon (1), (2). They are rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, and minerals and low in calories (except high GI fruits and veggies). This makes fruits and vegetables perfect for weight loss.
Consume three servings of five different veggies per day. Try to have at least two servings of three different fruits per day. Snack on pistachios or a cup of cucumber/watermelon. Follow this diet to get the complete picture.
#3 Drink Adequate Water
Another important thing to do when you are trying to lose weight is to drink adequate amounts of water. Drinking 2-3 liters is recommended. Increase your water intake if you workout, sweat a lot, or live in hot weather conditions.
Staying hydrated helps to prevent your body from getting confused between thirst and hunger. This limits the tendency to overeat. Water also helps flush out toxins and boosts cell functions.
#4 Make Time For Cardio
To use up the calories you consume as well as the stored calories, you must exercise. Choose a form of exercise that suits your lifestyle and interests you. It can be dancing, cycling, kickboxing, running, walking, swimming, or playing sports.
We recommend exercising for 3-5 hours a week. Also, add strength training and HIIT to your workout routine to get a toned and fit body.
#5 Work On Your Upper Body
Apart from working on your entire body, it is important to work on your upper body as well. Do exercises that target your upper back, shoulders, and chest. Working on these muscles will help build lean muscle mass and make your upper body look toned. This, in turn, will make your waist look smaller.
#6 Target Your Waist And Lower Belly
You need to add a few exercises to your routine that will help tone your waist and lower belly. Here are a few exercises you may do:
- Leg raises
- Side lying leg raises
- Mountain climbers
- Spiderman mountain climbers
- Vertical leg up crunches
- Flutter kicks
- Scissor kicks
- Russian twist
- Resistance band side bends
#7 “Wear” Your Waist Smaller
Think of peplum tops or a cool belt! You can also wear color block patterns to make your waist appear smaller. Crop tops are a no-no, but you may pair a knotted shirt/T-shirt with high waist jeans or jeggings to give your figure that hourglass look.
These are the 7 ways you can get a smaller waist. Do not act in haste, and do not stress out. Staying happy can help you lose weight faster than fretting about it. Lead a stress-free, healthy life, and you will see the results soon. Take care.
- “The association of fruit and vegetable consumption with changes in weight and body mass index in Chinese adults: a cohort study.” Publich Health, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Fruit and vegetable intake and body adiposity among populations in Eastern Canada: the Atlantic Partnership for Tomorrow’s Health Study” BMJ Open, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Health Benefits of Nut Consumption” Nutrients, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Whole grain consumption and weight gain: a review of the epidemiological evidence, potential mechanisms and opportunities for future research.” The Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “The role of protein in weight loss and maintenance.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Best Exercises For Reducing Belly Fat At Home And Expert Tips - September 10, 2020
- Is It Possible To Lose Belly Fat In A Week? - September 10, 2020
- 15 Best Cuticle Scissors For Beautiful Fingernails - June 12, 2020
- 13 Best Moisturizers For 4C Hair For Soft And Nourished Coils - June 10, 2020
- 13 Best Color-Safe Dandruff Shampoos (2020) For All Hair Types - May 21, 2020