How To Get A Smaller Waist Fast
Quick and effective methods to attain that desired waist size and flaunt it.
If you want to know how to get a smaller waist in a week, you have landed at the right place! While spot reduction is a myth, there are certain ways you can shed overall fat and target a specific area. Read on to learn about the diet and exercise routine you must follow to get a smaller waist in just 7 days.
#1 Understand Your Body
This is the most important step – understanding your body type. If you are someone who gains weight quickly and finds it difficult to lose weight as quickly, your body type is endomorphici XA body type characterized by higher body fat percentage and slower metabolism with short stature and wide frame. .
If both gaining and losing weight is easy for you, you have a mesomorphici XAn athletic body type with a more muscle-to-fat ratio, wider shoulders, and a narrow waist prone to muscle development. body type. And, if gaining weight is difficult for you, you have an ectomorphici XA body type that is described as tall and slim, with narrow shoulders and a low muscle mass percentage. body type.
Depending on your body type, you may need less or more time to get a smaller waist. The mantra is to stay positive and keep doing the following.
#2 Alter Your Diet
You are what you eat. Increase your fruit and vegetable consumption to lose weight soon (1), (2). They are rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, and minerals and low in calories (except high GI fruits and veggies). This makes fruits and vegetables perfect for weight loss.
Also, consume nuts, seeds, herbs, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats in the right portions (3), (4), (5).
Consume three servings of five different veggies per day. Try to have at least two servings of three different fruits per day. Snack on pistachios or a cup of cucumber/watermelon. Follow this diet to get the complete picture.
#3 Drink Adequate Water
Another important thing to do when you are trying to lose weight is to drink adequate amounts of water. Drinking 2-3 liters is recommended. Increase your water intake if you workout, sweat a lot, or live in hot weather conditions.
Staying hydrated helps to prevent your body from getting confused between thirst and hunger. This limits the tendency to overeat. Water also helps flush out toxins and boosts cell functions.
#4 Make Time For Cardio
To use up the calories you consume as well as the stored calories, you must exercise. Choose a form of exercise that suits your lifestyle and interests you. It can be dancing, cycling, kickboxing, running, walking, swimming, or playing sports.
We recommend exercising for 3-5 hours a week. Also, add strength training and HIIT to your workout routine to get a toned and fit body.
#5 Work On Your Upper Body
Apart from working on your entire body, it is important to work on your upper body as well. Do exercises that target your upper back, shoulders, and chest. Working on these muscles will help build lean muscle mass and make your upper body look toned. This, in turn, will make your waist look smaller.
#6 Target Your Waist And Lower Belly
You need to add a few exercises to your routine that will help tone your waist and lower belly. Here are a few exercises you may do:
- Leg raises
- Side lying leg raises
- Mountain climbers
- Spiderman mountain climbers
- Vertical leg up crunches
- Flutter kicks
- Scissor kicks
- Russian twist
- Resistance band side bends
#7 “Wear” Your Waist Smaller
Think of peplum tops or a cool belt! You can also wear color block patterns to make your waist appear smaller. Crop tops are a no-no, but you may pair a knotted shirt/T-shirt with high waist jeans or jeggings to give your figure that hourglass look.
With these tips on how to get a smaller waist in a week, you can make the required lifestyle and diet changes to see visible results. Including an upper body workout routine and exercises that target belly fat and love handles would help shape your waistline sooner. Staying well-hydrated and knowing your body’s tendency to put on or lose weight is important to plan your routine accordingly. Lastly, not taking the stress over a smaller waistline and leading an active lifestyle with a healthy diet would help you see visible differences soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does hot water help lose belly fat?
Consuming a glass or two of warm water in the morning may help reduce belly fat. However, there is no scientific evidence for how hot water accelerates weight loss.
How can I burn fat while lying in bed?
Exercises like plank with leg lift, glute bridges, bent leg side raises, and full-body crunches may help burn fat while lying in bed.
- Understanding your body type is key to planning your weight loss plan.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants, fiber, minerals, and vitamins to help reduce your waist size and improve overall health.
- Drinking adequate water and working on your upper body helps you build lean muscle and a thinner waist.
- “The association of fruit and vegetable consumption with changes in weight and body mass index in Chinese adults: a cohort study.” Publich Health, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Fruit and vegetable intake and body adiposity among populations in Eastern Canada: the Atlantic Partnership for Tomorrow’s Health Study” BMJ Open, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Health Benefits of Nut Consumption” Nutrients, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “Whole grain consumption and weight gain: a review of the epidemiological evidence, potential mechanisms and opportunities for future research.” The Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- “The role of protein in weight loss and maintenance.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health