You can also get the perfect rosy pout with the right makeup tips and tricks. And no, it doesn’t entail you going under the knife or getting fillers to nail the perfect pout. With a few clever hacks, even the thinnest pair of lips can become plump and luscious. Check out our top tips to get an Insta-ready pout for the perfect selfies. Scroll down!
- Pouty Lips With Makeup: Pouty Lips With Makeup Overlining your lips just a little bit at the center of both the upper and lower lip can create an illusion of plumper lips.
- Pouty Lips With Artificial Methods: Pouty Lips With Makeup Cosmetic procedures like lip fillers or derma fillers and products like lip plumpers create an instant fuller lip effect.
- Pouty Lips With Natural Methods: Pouty Lips With Makeup Natural scrubs like sugar scrubs and sea salt scrubs, oils like peppermint and capsicum oil, and ingredients like honey and cinnamon can make lips plumper.
In This Article
How To Pout Your Lips Perfectly?
1. Exfoliation Is A Must
Exfoliation ensures removal of dead skin cells and flaky skin, leaving behind soft and smooth lips. If you have super dry lips, exfoliate at least 2 times a week with a homemade or store-bought scrub. Use a soft toothbrush or damp washcloth to rub over the lips for some extra exfoliation.
2. Stay Moisturized
We’ve heard of the benefits of including a moisturizer for our face in our daily beauty regime. Then why not treat the lips the same way? Lip balms and creamy lip conditioners are available in the market that help keep the lips moisturized and protected from harsh sun rays. They make your lips look full and sultry, and give you naturally plump and kissable lips.
3. Experiment Until You Get The Perfect Pout
There are plenty of lip plumping products available in the market to choose from. Experiment and find the best one that suits your skin and style.
4. Makeup Tips
- After moisturization, apply a loose powder foundation that matches your skin tone with the lip tone. This will ensure a matte effect and also act as a base for the lip color to ensure it lasts longer.
- Before applying the lipstick, line the lips with a matching lip liner. Apply the lip liner with gentle strokes. Start from the middle and move towards the corners of the mouth. Ensure the lip liner color matches the natural lip tone and fills the lips completely. Lip liner application also helps prevent lipstick and lip gloss from smearing.
- Select a bold or bright shade of lipstick that matches the skin tone, for example, carmine or rose, and apply it evenly over the lips, starting from the center and moving towards the corners. For best results use a lip liner brush to apply the lipstick.
- Finish the look by applying a lip gloss or lip plumper to give your lips a fuller look and seductive look. Apply the gloss or plumper to the middle of the lips and press the lips together to distribute the shine across the lips. The gloss will reflect the light to create a delusion of plumper, pouty lips.
5. Exercises For A Perfect Pout
Who said exercising is only for the body? Your lips also need some exercise. Implementing these simple exercises in your daily routine is sure to give you slightly fuller, pouty lips.
- Position your lips and teeth together. Without opening the lips, smile as extensively as you can and count until 15 before you rest. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Hold the lips together, lift the pressed lip towards the nose and retain the puckered position while you count to 5. Relax and repeat 10 times.
- Pose your lips into a kiss and retain the position until you count 10. Relax and repeat 5 times.
- Broaden the lips and breathe out as you would to blow off a candle. Relax the lips and repeat 5 times.
- Take a deep breath and puff the cheeks. Slowly, breathe out to push the air with two or three blows. Repeat 5 times.
- Press your lips in over the teeth as if you are preventing yourself from shouting. Use the index finger to pull up the corner of the lip. Hold on to this position for 5 seconds before resting. Repeat 10 times.
- Open the mouth and stretch the lips out in front. Tighten the lips and relax the face muscles. While keeping the mouth closed, move the lips to the right and left. Repeat 5 times.
Infographic: Lip Exfoliation Tips For A Perfect Pout
While there are a few ways to get pouty and plump lips, exfoliation can ensure pouty and healthy lips. Exfoliation refers to removing dead skin cells. Therefore, many people think they need to be vigorous while exfoliating for the best results. But it’s the opposite. Check out the infographic below to know how you can give your lips some TLC while exfoliating so they can pull off a pout!
Clever makeup hacks and tips can give you the perfect pout without undergoing any cosmetic procedures. The first tip is to exfoliate twice a week with a homemade scrub or commercial exfoliator to get rid of dead skin and grime. The next tip involves moisturizing your lips regularly with lip balms or creams to keep them hydrated and protected from harmful UV rays. Experimenting with different lip products and using the right lipstick can give your lips a fuller and shinier appearance. Lastly, engaging in different lip exercises can give you luscious and pouty lips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who started the pout trend?
Pouting or the duck lip selfie trend seems to have originated in Japan around 1998. It is colloquially known as ahiru-guchi.
What does it mean when a girl pouts?
When done naturally, it could mean she doesn’t agree or comply to a certain thing. However, pouting as a pose is usually done while clicking a selfie when she is feeling good about herself.
When did pouting become popular?
Pouting as a pose, began gaining popularity around the first half of 2000s with the dawn of digital cameras and selfies. It picked up further pace somewhere around in 2012 with the rise of Instagram culture.
- Moisturize your lips with lip balms that have SPF. This keeps your lips hydrated and sun-protected.
- For the perfect pout, define your lips with a lip liner, choose a bold shade of lipstick, and seal the look with some gloss.
- Practice simple lip exercises to get fuller lips.
Are you using your liquid lipstick wrong? Learn the 5 mistakes you’re probably making and get the perfect pout with our liquid lipstick hacks!
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Art of prevention: Practical interventions in lip-licking dermatitis