Pursing your lips together in front of the camera is not a perfect pout.
A routine beauty regime and few clever make-up tricks, to turn even thin lips turn into sexy, plump, luscious and kissable perfect pouts.
How To Pout Your Lips Perfectly?
1. Exfoliation Is a Must
Exfoliation ensures removal of dead skin cells and flaky skin, leaving behind soft and smooth lips. If you have super dry lips, exfoliate at least 2 times a week with a homemade or store brought scrub. Use a soft toothbrush or damp wash cloth to rub over the lips for some extra exfoliation.
2. Stay Moisturized
We’ve heard of the benefits of including a moisturizer for our face in our daily beauty regime. Then why not treat the lips the same way? Lip balms and creamy lip conditioners are available in the market that helps keep the lips moisturized and protected from harsh sun rays.
3. Experiment Until You Get The Perfect Pout
There is plenty of lip plumping products available in the market to choose from. Experiment and find the best one that suits your skin and style.
4. Makeup Tips
- After moisturization, apply a loose powder foundation that matches your skin tone with the lip tone. This will ensure a matte effect and also act as a base for the lip color to ensure it lasts longer.
- Before applying the lipstick, line the lips with a matching lip liner. Apply the lip liner with gentle strokes. Start from the middle and move towards the corners of the mouth. Ensure the lip liner color matches the natural lip tone and fills the lips completely.
- Select a bold or bright shade of lipstick that matches the skin tone and apply it evenly over the lips, starting from the center and moving towards the corners. For best results use a lip liner brush to apply the lipstick.
- Finish the look by applying a lip gloss or lip plumper to give your lips a fuller look. Apply the gloss or plumper to the middle of the lips and press the lips together to distribute the shine across the lips. The gloss will reflect the light to create a delusion of plumper lips.
5. Exercises For a Perfect Pout
Who said exercising is only for the body? Your lips also need some exercise. Implementing these simple exercises in your daily routine is sure to give you slightly fuller lips.
- Position your lips and teeth together. Without opening the lips, smile as extensively as you can and count until 15 before you rest. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Hold the lips together, lift the pressed lip towards the nose and retain the position while you count until 5. Relax and repeat 10 times.
- Pose your lips into a kiss and retain the position until you count 10. Relax and repeat 5 times.
- Broaden the lips and breathe out as you would to blow off a candle. Relax the lips and repeat 5 times.
- Take a deep breath and puff the cheeks. Slowly, breathe out to push the air with two or three blows. Repeat 5 times.
- Press your lips in over the teeth as if you are preventing yourself from shouting. Use the index finger to pull up the corner of the lip. Hold on to this position for 5 seconds before resting. Repeat 10 times.
- Open the mouth and stretch the lips out in front. Tighten the lips and relax the face muscles. While keeping the mouth closed, move the lips to the right and left. Repeat 5 times.
Getting the perfect and luscious pout is not as difficult as you probably thought. Over time, with make-up, daily exercises and a lip-oriented beauty regime, you are sure to get the perfect pout you wanted.
Haven’t tried? What are you waiting for!
Have you tried it? How did it work? Do leave us a comment.
- Makeup Tips For 7 Different Lip Shapes
- How To Get The Perfect Lip Shape? – A Simple Tutorial
- How To Mattify A Glossy Lipstick?
Latest posts by Shrilata Madeneni (see all)
- 5 Simple Tips And Exercises To Get The Perfect Pout - August 26, 2012
- Highlighters And Blush: Introduction And Usage - April 21, 2012
- Wear Pencil Eyeliner The Right Way – Tutorial - February 20, 2012