101 Goodbye Quotes For Friends
Some deep words can touch your heart if you have ever had to bid farewell to a friend.
Goodbyes are never easy, particularly if they involve close friends. When a simple bye cannot sum up the cherished friendship between you and your friend, goodbye quotes for friends can convey your sentiments. Friends play many roles in your life. They are your biggest cheerleader and your closest confidant. You can use these farewell thoughts to tell them how much you will miss them and how your bond has helped you grow. Our collection of beautiful good bye quotes for friends helps you say goodbye in a meaningful way. Take a look.
In This Article
101 Goodbye Quotes For Friends
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” – E.B. White
- “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercie
- “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” – Helen Keller
- “I will always cherish all those moments we spent together, all those laughter we shared, all those stories we told. Farewell, my friend!” – Anonymous
- “I have to say goodbye to you now but always keep in mind that we will meet again soon. You will always be in my heart!” – Anonymous
- “You have not just been a friend to me, you have been a family, a home, a shoulder to cry on. I’ll miss you! Goodbye and good luck!” – Anonymous
- “Adios, friend! We may not meet every day, but you will always be in my thoughts!” – Anonymous
- “Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, though somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.” – Anonymous
- “Good friends never say goodbye. They simply say “See you soon.” – Anonymous
- “Though miles may lie between us, we are never far apart, for friendship doesn’t count miles, it’s measured by the heart.” – Anonymous
- “You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.” – Tom Petty
- “To part is the lot of all mankind. The world is a scene of constant leave-taking, and the hands that grasp in cordial greeting today, are doomed ere long to unite for the last time, when the quivering lips pronounce the word – Farewell.” – R.M. Ballantyne
- “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.” – Jean Paul Richter
- “Our friendship has taken me on a magical journey which will never come to an end. Even though you are going away, we will never stop being friends. Goodbye.” – Anonymous
- “I will force myself to say the word goodbye, but my heart will never mean it. Goodbye.” –Anonymous
- “I never thought saying goodbye would hurt this much. Be safe wherever you go. Goodbye dear friend!” – Anonymous
- “The warmth of your friendship kept me alive all these years. Only if you knew how hard it is for me to say goodbye to you!” – Anonymous
- “It’s hard to accept that the crossroads of destiny is making us part. I will miss you! Take care.” – Anonymous
- “The only reason I am happy saying goodbye is that I know that life will find a way to bring us back together again. Farewell.” – Anonymous
- “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
- “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around, he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” – Clarence The Angel
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” – Robert Southey
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.” – Garrison Keillor
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Semisonic
- “This is the beginning of anything you want.” – Anonymous
- “Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.” – William Shakespeare
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” – Oscar Wilde
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
- “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” – Anatole France
- “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “It’s sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
- “I can’t remember all the times I told myself to hold on to these moments as they pass.” –Counting Crows
- “You never really leave the place you love. You take part of it with you and leave part of you there.” – Anonymous
- “Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We’ll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times.” – Styx
- “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
- “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
- “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” – Dr. Suess
- “The two hardest things to say in life is hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” –Moira Rogers
- “It takes a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye.” – Anonymous
- “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” – Trey Parker
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with.” – Anonymous
- “Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn’t what you want.” – Anonymous
- “Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
- “There are far better things ahead than we ever leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” – George Eliot
- “What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – it’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.” – Jack Kerouac
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “When I had to say goodbye to you, my love, it was like saying goodbye to my life.” – Anonymous
- “We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere.” – Tim McGraw
- “What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” – Rumi
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
- “You know it’s love when you have been saying goodbye for how many times but still you’re not ready to leave.” – Anonymous
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, Some sunny day.” – Vera Lynn
- “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away.” –Hitch
- “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button
- “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful.” – Buddha
- “You may not always end up where you thought you were going. But you will always end up where you are meant to be.” – Anonymous
- “You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.” – Kiera Cass
- “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “I thank you for your part in my journey.” – Anonymous
- “I have learned along my journey that letting go doesn’t mean loving less.” – Alex Elle
- “Saying goodbye is the hardest solution of any problem. But sometimes it’s the only choice we have…” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “You get a strange feeling when you leave a place. Like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again.” – Azar Nafasi
- “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Anonymous
- “Even if we can’t be together in the end, I’m glad that you were a part of my life.” –Anonymous
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “You had me at hello, goodbye and everything in between.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Life is a journey that lets you befriend many people on your way. But only a few are capable of staying in your heart forever. Goodbye my friend!” – Anonymous
- “It doesn’t matter where life takes us, you and I both know that we will meet again and make some wonderful memories. Till then, goodbye my dear friend!” – Anonymous
- “Always remember my dear friend that no distance is big enough to resist us from meeting again. Go where life must take you. My prayers will always be with you!” – Anonymous
Friends are the family you choose. So, make sure to find the right words to make the goodbye memorable and smooth. Let your close friends know you will always be there for them with these funny quotes.
Funny Goodbye Quotes For Best Friends
- “If lovers can be in long-distance relationships with each other, why can’t we be in a long-distance friendship? Goodbye and cheers.” – Anonymous
- “True friends don’t say good-bye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.” – Anonymous
- “This isn’t personal, Kay. This is business.” – Al Pacino
- “Don’t ever tell anyone anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” – J.D. Salinger
- “Bye Felicia!” – Ice Cube
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
- “A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it.” – Helen Rowland
- “It is so hard to leave – until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world.” – John Green
- “I’ll see you in another life. When we are both cats.” – Tom Cruise
- “I make it easier for people to leave by making them hate me a little.” – Cecelia Ahern
- “It may seem to you that we are drifting away like feathers in the air, but our heart knows, we are only coming closer. Have a safe journey dear friend!” – Anonymous
- “Goodbye pal. It’s been one hell of a ride. Thank you for the memories.” – Anonymous
Wish your friend a happy farewell to their journey to eternity. Express your sincere prayers and fond memories that you remember about your dearly departed. They will not only be never forgotten but also greatly missed.
Emotional Goodbye Quotes For A Dead Friend
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
- “You’ve given me some of my happiest memories. I will remember you for as long as I live. Goodbye!” – Anonymous
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne
- “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” – J.M. Barrie
- “Someday we shall meet again. Until then, farewell.” – Anonymous
- “Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I’ll miss you until we meet again.” – Anonymous
- “You have been a blessing in my life and nothing will be the same without you anymore, dear friend! Goodbye” – Anonymous
- “My heart refuses to say goodbye but I guess this is the way it has to be. I’ll always cherish our memories together. Goodbye!” – Anonymous
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.” – G. Randolf
- “It’s not the days in life we remember, rather the moments.” – Walt Disney
- “In these final moments, I wanted to let you know that you were a great friend. I will miss you a lot.” – Anonymous
College life is the most beautiful time of our life. Bidding adieu to the dearest of friends becomes very difficult. Words won’t do justice while trying to express emotion. However, they will mean a lot to them.
Creative College Farewell Quotes
- “Though our branches grow in different directions, our roots remain as one.”
- “We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, we were the best.” – St. Elmo’s Fire.
- “From bunking lectures to wanting to attend them one more time. Happy days came to an end. “
- “And in between freshers and farewell, life happened”
- “Walked in with a heavy bag, walking out with a heavy heart”
- “3 years, 30 mass bunks, 300 hangouts, 3000 photos, and countless memories. “
Infographic: Tips To Personalize Goodbye Messages For Friends
Goodbyes are never easy. It is probably very hard for those left behind, having to deal with a void in the same old routine while the other moves on to embrace new things in life. However, getting a chance to say goodbye is a blessing. It is an opportunity to express everything you wish to say and didn’t get to say before while wishing them the best for their future endeavors. While these farewell quotes are sincere and touching, why not add a personal touch to them? Check out the infographic below on how to personalize goodbye messages for your friends.
There is no good in goodbye, but you can make it feel a little better with the goodbye quotes for friends shared here. Using quotes to express how you can be an alternative to saying ‘bye, take care’ only. Bye quotes give give you the words to make your friend understand how greatly valued they are and how much they mean to you. Whether you pick a funny goodbye quote or emotional last day of school quotes for friends, you are bound to get a few tears or quite a few laughs and smiles from your friend when they read it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to write to a friend who is leaving?
You can write a letter, a poem, a text message, or an email. Share your thoughts about them, express your love for them, and share your support and excitement for the next adventure in their life. You can use farewell quotes in English that are relatable to the bond between you and your friend.
How do you say goodbye to a best friend who is moving?
Let your friend know that while you love and will miss them, you are happy for this next phase in their life. Wish them all the best for the new chapter in their life while saying farewell to them. And just because they are moving to a new location does not mean the friendship ends.
What is the best farewell message?
The best farewell thought always comes from the heart. Speak your heart, bare your soul, and let your mind find the right words to write a heart-warming farewell caption message.
What should I write in a goodbye card to a friend?
You can write funny or heartfelt poems, and wishes, and send off quotes in a goodbye card to a friend.
How do you write a farewell email to coworkers?
Keep your farewell email crisp and include details like your last working day and contact details. Add personalized memories or thank-you notes to specific colleagues. Find a few quotes for farewell and use the best farewell quotes that relate to you. Keep a positive voice and end with good wishes.
How do you express gratitude with sent-off quotes?
Include farewell captions that have a tone of thoughtfulness. Use words like ‘can’t thank you enough’, ‘grateful to you’, and ‘will never forget your support’ while looking for quotes on farewell.
When do you need bye-bye quotes?
Instead of saying bland goodbyes to your close friends, you can make them more expressive with creative and funny farewell day quotes for friends, along with a heartfelt note.