We all have our own reasons to look forward to the monsoon. Getting drenched happens to be on the top of that list.
As much as we love it, getting wet in the rain is one of the most ignored causes of damage to our hair. It makes it especially difficult to keep your hair healthy and frizz free during the monsoons. Remember to follow these simple tips whenever you get drenched in rain to keep your hair protected from damage.
Tips To Keep Hair Damage Free After Getting Drenched In Rain:
Cleansing the hair properly plays a big role in keeping it healthy and tangle free. Frizz too can be kept at bay if your hair is clean and healthy.
- Once back home, wash your hair immediately with a clarifying shampoo.
- This will help to remove all the toxins and atmosphere pollutants that get deposited in the hair through the rain.
- You can add some neem leaves in lukewarm water.
- Let it soak in for some time.
- Then use this water to wash your hair.
- Neem is well known for its anti-bacterial properties.
- It acts to remove any traces of dirt from your hair and also prevents fungal infections that can occur due to the humid weather.
- It is also a natural way to keep your hair free of dandruff and various other scalp infections.
- The pollutants weaken the hair shaft resulting in hair fall and unhealthy hair.
- For those who cannot get access to neem leaves, get a herbal shampoo that has neem in it.
Monsoons are already humid and hair gets frizzy a lot. It is even more reason to make sure that your hair is well conditioned.
- Use a conditioner that is specially formulated to tame frizz.
- Ladies with naturally curly hair should stay away from silicone conditioners. Instead, look for anti-humectant hair conditioners.
A homemade pack of eggs and yogurt will provide deep conditioning to hair. It is also a great way to tame the over powering frizz.
Another alternative is to make a hair mask using olive oil and egg. Beat the ingredients to a thin consistency and apply all over. It provides some much needed conditioning and also helps in fighting frizz.
3. Hair Drying:
The humid condition during monsoons fastens the breeding of bacteria in your hair. This can lead to various scalp infections.
- It is essential to dry the hair completely.
- Towel dry hair gently.
- For those who have the time, you can let your hair dry naturally.
- For those who do not have the time, you can opt for blow-drying your hair.
- Always use a heat protective spray to minimize the damage to the hair.
- Also try using the lowest heat setting.
4. Not Many Products:
Using too much of anything is never good, styling products included.
- Stay away from using too many styling products or tools.
- Instead of piling your hair with chemicals or damaging it with heat, look for other alternatives.
- Opt for a good leave in conditionerthat works at controlling frizz and let it manage your hair.
- Using too many products results in product build up which attracts more dirt and moisture.
5. Messy Styling:
Got drenched and no time for hair wash? There are many interesting ways to work around it!
The best way to work with drenched hair is to create some messy styles that are also fashionable.Opt for the classic messy hair up do.These are very much in trend and will be a great way to show off your style even if your hair may not be in the best of shape.
6. Hair Cut:
Getting a regular hair cut or trim is very important during the monsoon. This will help prevent any chances of split ends. It will also keep your hair healthy and looking good.
- Keep your hair in proper shape and length.
- For those of you who have a lot of travelling to do, opting for a shorter cut is best during the rainy months.
- Go for layers this monsoon. These will give you natural waves. It is very low maintenance and you can easily shake it up and leave open if wet.
These easy hair care tips will ensure you have a fun and hair damage free monsoon. Do follow the pointers above and enjoy the rainy months! Don’t forget to comment!