Several homeopathic remedies are designed to address the underlying causes behind the body’s inability to bulk up or put on weight. While most people take vitamin and protein supplements to build up some weight, others prefer homeopathic medicine for weight gain. Homeopathy is a less invasive way of treating the body’s issues. It is also a herbal approach, which means that the risk of side effects is minimal to nil. These medicines can be helpful for individuals struggling with underweight conditions due to nutrient deficiencies, and endocrine imbalances. Here, we have listed some of the top homeopathic remedies for gaining weight to enhance your hunger and boost your metabolism. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
Homeopathic Medicine for Weight Gain – Best 11
1. Alfalfa Tonic
This is available in most homeopathic drug stores under some name or another. This derivative of the alfalfa herb is known to be helpful in the production of fat and reduction of tissue waste. According to animal studies, it increases appetite and may act as a digestive aid, nourishing a healthy body and a healthy mind, which leads to weight gain (1), (2)!
This humble plant becomes a wonderful remedy for a lack of appetite when the spores are crushed and treated by triturationi XProcess of production of homogenous powdered materials through finely mixing and grinding the materials of the component. and succussioni XProcess of violent shaking of the body to check for air or fluid in a body cavity and also used by homeopathy to prepare medicines. . Digestive imbalances are corrected by this product made with the Lycopodium clavatum plant (3). If you have not been able to gain weight due to liver dysfunction, for example, weakening liver function, Lycopodium will work for you.
3. Calcarea Phosphorica
If you had a disease that took a toll on your health, Calcarea phosphorica is a homeopathic medicine for you. This is a good treatment option for children who have anemia and those with feeble digestion. It is also helpful in cases where there is difficulty in joining fractured bones (4).
4. Aloe Socotrina
If you are experiencing abdominal problems like the sensation of fullness or heat or gurgling sounds and cutting pain during bowel movements, then this is the ideal medicine (5). It is also helpful in reducing nauseous feelings and aversion to food. This can help you eat properly and gain weight.
5. Condurango Q
Apart from the loss of appetite, there are other reasons for not gaining weight normally, for example, pain in the stomach due to ulcers or vomiting soon after eating can prevent weight gain. You might even feel constriction in the esophagus with a constant burning pain behind the breastbone. Condurango is a good remedy for all these problems.
6. Arsenicum Album
Do you suffer from pain or burning sensation in the abdomen after eating certain foods or during fever? If yes, then you can take this homeopathic medicine for relief. According to a study done on mice, administration of Arsenicum Album helps alleviate these symptoms and lets you eat without worry, which, as a result, allows the body to gain weight (6).
There are only a very few things that are more embarrassing than hearing your stomach gurgling loudly during a meal! Sometimes, after eating warm or fatty food, you may feel a pressing pain or pulsation in your stomach. A mild dose of this medicine can solve all of that. If you feel any pain or as if a stone is passing through your gut, you can take this medicine too. Once, the pain eases, eating won’t feel like a chore, and you’ll be able to gain weight.
8. Chelidonium Majus
Lack or loss of appetite along with general sluggishness is sometimes the sign of a liver problem. This may happen due to serousi XPale yellow or transparent body fluid found inside body cavities enriched with proteins and water that aid in digestion and excretion. secretions and biliousi XExcessive secretion of bile, a digestive fluid produced in the liver, which may indicate liver dysfunction. complications, which generally occur during pregnancy. But after that, you may feel a nagging bitter taste in your mouth, loss of appetite, or burning weight in the liver. This can be remedied by Chelidonium majus. This herb also has the potential to combat liver cancer (7).
9. Chininum Arsenicicum
Some people seem to rush to the bathroom each time they eat! Chininum Arsenicum is a great homeopathic remedy for diarrhea which occurs right after eating or if the food seems to pass without complete digestion. All of these problems can have adverse effects on your health and prevent proper weight gain. It may also treat a general lack of appetite, acidity, and vomiting.
10. Ignatia Amara
Some people binge eat when they are upset and anxious, others develop an aversion to food! If you belong to the latter category, you may be in danger of developing eating disorders and indigestion, which can create a nutritional imbalance in the body. If you want to gain weight and combat these symptoms, try Ignatia Amara as it may not only improve nutrient absorption but also improve gastric disorders (8)!
There is no research suggesting that Iodum (homeopathic iodine) helps with weight gain. However, Iodum is used to treat hyperthyroidism, a condition whose most common symptom is weight loss. Disorders related to iodine deficiency, especially in children, are also often associated with weight loss (9). Iodum, hence, may help prevent unhealthy weight loss linked with such disorders. That said, research is fairly limited in this regard. It is advisable to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking Iodum for these purposes.
Infographic: Most Effective Homeopathic Medicine For Weight Gain
Homeopathic medicines help to treat the underlying causes of many problems, not just their symptoms. Gaining weight can be difficult for some. These homeopathic medicines will help treat what is preventing you from gaining weight.
Read through the infographic below to know the most effective Homeopathic medicines for weight gain.
Homeopathy is a less invasive and healthier herbal alternative to bulk up compared to other options. There are quite a few homeopathic medicines for weight gain that you can try out, such as alfalfa tonic, Arsenicum album, and Ignatia amara. These homeopathic meds are a safer solution to increase weight without causing side effects or affecting underlying medical conditions.Those going through post-surgery recovery, stress or experiencing depression, insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, kidney dysfunction, or hyperthyroidism may also experience malnutrition. Since these meds are recommended with dosage instructions, don’t go overboard with them as they may cause weight fluctuations. Try out these homeopathic medicines only after consulting a doctor to see significant results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ashwagandha good for weight gain?
Yes. An Ayurvedic medicated ghee, which is processed with Ashwagandha juice, has been found to help improve body weight in children (10).
Does Shatavari increase weight?
Yes. According to animal studies, the extracts of Shatavari may help increase body weight (11).
Does vitamin B12 help gain weight?x
B vitamins at a dose below their threshold may help promote body fat gain (12). However, more studies are warranted in this regard.
Is Triphala good for weight gain?
No. According to a study done on mice, Triphala and its constituents act as anti-obesity agents and help reduce body weight (13).
Is giloy good for weight gain?
Yes. The root extract of giloy may help improve weight gain (14). However, limited research is available in this regard.
Does Shilajit increase weight?
Yes. Much anecdotal evidence suggests that the intake of Shilajit may help increase weight. However, limited research is available in this regard.
- Phosphorus-based homeopathic medicines can be metabolism boosters and may help weight gain.
- Silver nitrate-based homeopathic medicines may reduce anxiety and act as appetite stimulants, leading to weight gain.
- Homeopathic medicines made from the seeds of the poison nut tree may help improve digestive functioning, causing weight gain.
- Sodium chloride-based homeopathic medicines may help regulate metabolism and improve appetite to promote weight gain.
- Homeopathic medicines derived from cuttlefish ink may help regulate hormonal imbalances and metabolism, resulting in weight gain.
Gain weight naturally with Alfalfa Tonic! Watch the following video to learn how to make this tonic and see its amazing benefits for yourself!
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Medicago sativa: A historical ethnopharmacology and etymological study of the alfalfa
- Dietary Supplementation Effect of Alfalfa and Prangos pabularia Hay on Feed Intake Growth and Nutrient Degradability in Kari Sheep
- Effect of homeopathic Lycopodium clavatum on memory functions and cerebral blood flow in memory-impaired rats
- Pharmacological agents and bone healing
- A Preliminary Survey on Ethnomedicinal Flora of Bilaspur district Himachal Pradesh (India)
- Efficacy of a potentized homoeopathic drug (Arsenicum Album-30) in reducing toxic effects produced by arsenic trioxide in mice: II. On alterations in body weight tissue weight and total protein
- Effect of a homeopathic drug Chelidonium in amelioration of p-DAB induced hepatocarcinogenesis in mice
- Treatment of Gastrointestinal Symptoms and Mood Disorder With Physical Medicine and Supplementation: A Case Report
- Burden of iodine deficiency disorders and its association with various sociodemographic variables in a district of North East India
- AYURVEDIC THERAPEUTIC MANAGEMENT OF UNDERWEIGHT IN CHILDREN AT A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL OF KARNATAKA, INDIA: PILOT CLINICAL STUDY
- A Double-Blind Randomized Clinical Trial for Evaluation of Galactogogue Activity of Asparagus racemosus Willd.
- Excess vitamin intake: An unrecognized risk factor for obesity
- Triphala and its constituents ameliorate visceral adiposity from a high-fat diet in mice with diet-induced obesity
- Tinospora cordifolia: One plant, many roles