Cayenne pepper is the most powerful natural ingredient for weight loss. It stimulates metabolic rate, suppresses your appetite, and helps to melt fat. In this article, I will tell you about the science behind cayenne pepper’s weight loss property, how to consume it, other health benefits, and much more. So, get ready to cut down some flab and become fab!
Cayenne pepper contains a phytochemical, capsaicin, which is responsible for its spiciness and aids weight loss. It works by binding to the neuroreceptors, which induces calcium influx. This triggers a host of cellular responses, such as increasing the levels of antioxidant enzymes and decreasing proinflammatory protein expression. This, in turn, helps to flush out toxins, prevents plaque formation, and increases the metabolic rate (1).
Researchers also found that adding cayenne pepper to meals led to an increase in diet-induced lipid oxidation and thermogenesis (2). It also helps to suppress appetite by increasing fullness and satiety. Capsaicin curbs the desire to eat more after a meal, and hence prevents overeating (3). Cayenne pepper also contains a phytochemical similar to capsaicin called dihydrocapsiate. Scientists found that dihydrocapsiate helps to increase metabolism by about 50 cal/day (4).
So, it is clear from the studies conducted by researchers that cayenne pepper has weight loss properties, and when used in the right way, it yields the desired results. Let’s find out how you can include it in your daily diet for weight loss.
How To Use Cayenne Pepper For Weight Loss?
- Master Cleanse – The Master Cleanse is a juice cleanse for weight loss. The main ingredients required to prepare this concoction are lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. Here’s how you can prepare it.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
How To Prepare
Add all the ingredients to a cup of water. Stir well before drinking.
- Juices/Smoothies – You can also add ¼ – ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to your juice or smoothie to lose weight. The tangy taste of the fruits will nullify the strong flavor of the cayenne and add taste to it.
- In Home-Cooked Meals – Cayenne pepper adds taste and flavor when added to home-cooked meals. You can add ½-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to your salad, soup, yogurt dip, and other food preparations without making its spiciness too overbearing.
- Cayenne Pepper Capsules – You can also consume cayenne pepper capsules for weight loss and other health benefits. You can buy them at your local pharmacy or order online.
Now that we know how to take cayenne pepper for weight loss, let me share a weight loss diet plan with you. It contains cayenne pepper as one of the ingredients, and it will help you lose weight in no time.
Cayenne Pepper Weight Loss Diet Chart
|Meals||What To Eat|
|Early Morning (7:00 – 7:45 am)||Warm water with juice of a lime|
|Breakfast (8:30- 8:45 am)||Options:|
|Pre-Lunch Snack (11:00 am)||Green tea|
|Lunch (12:30 – 1:30 pm)||Options:|
|Evening Snack (4:00 – 4:30 pm)||Options:|
|Dinner (7:00 – 7:30 pm)||Options:|
Why This Works
This diet chart includes foods that aid weight loss, and cayenne pepper is one of them. Starting your day with a cup of warm water and lime juice will aid proper bowel movement, relieve constipation, and boost your immune system. Include the Master Cleanse juice in your breakfast to increase your metabolic rate.
Oatmeal is high in fiber and prevents fat absorption. Scrambled eggs are a great source of protein and will help build lean muscle mass. You also need healthy fats to lose weight, and almonds will provide you with vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. If you have a cup of green tea as a mid-morning snack, you will not feel famished till lunch.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help to flush out the toxins. Have a tasty, low-calorie, and protein-rich lunch. Adding cayenne pepper will give your lunch an extra zing and also increase satiety. Buttermilk has good gut bacteria that aid digestion. Coconut water is a source of natural electrolytes, and fruits are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Have a palatable dinner that is rich in protein and dietary fiber. Use minimum amounts of cayenne pepper to avoid irritating your stomach and mouth linings.
If you are allergic to any of the foods mentioned in the diet chart or are a picky eater, here is a food substitute list for you.
- Lime juice – Apple cider vinegar
- Almonds – Walnuts or macadamia nuts
- Oatmeal – Quinoa
- Eggs – 1 small bowl of papaya
- Green Tea – Herbal tea or oolong tea
- Chicken- Turkey/mushroom/tofu/fish
- Hummus – Kidney bean chili
- Pita bread – Wheat flat bread or sorghum chapati
- Buttermilk – Fat-free yogurt
- Fresh coconut water – Cucumber juice
- Bowl of fruits – Baby carrots/celery
- Fish – Tofu/chicken/turkey
- Cumin – Fennel
- Lentil soup – Chicken soup/mushroom soup
- Garlic – Spring onions
- Veggies – Fruit juice
So, will you lose weight by following this diet chart? Maybe. But what can give you the best and guaranteed results is exercise. Sounds funny, but the human body works on the law of thermodynamics. If the energy in is greater than the energy out, you will gain weight, and if the energy in is equal to the energy out, your body weight will be stagnant. So, utilize the calories as energy by working out regularly. Here’s a workout plan for you.
- Neck tilt – 1 set of 10 reps (right and left)
- Neck rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Shoulder rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Arm rotations – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Side lunges – 2 sets of 5 reps (right and left)
- Side crunches – 1 set of 10 reps (right and left)
- Spot jogging – 5-7 minutes
- Jumping jacks – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Jumping lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Squats – 1 set of 10 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep dips – 2 sets of 5 reps
- Push-ups – 2 sets of 5 reps
- Mountain climbers – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Forward plank – 2 sets of 15-second holds
These exercises can be done at home or office and at your convenience. An important question that arises is – who should avoid consuming cayenne pepper for weight loss? Let’s find out.
Who Should Not Consume Cayenne Pepper For Weight Loss?
Avoid consuming cayenne pepper if:
- you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome or ulcers
- you have recently undergone intestinal surgery
- you are on medication for high blood pressure
- you are a new mom or pregnant
- you are on medication that slows down blood clotting
- you take theophylline
If you do not fall into any of the above categories, you can go ahead and use cayenne pepper to lose weight. Here is the recommended dosage.
Cayenne Pepper Dosage For Weight Loss
- Cayenne pepper capsule – 2 capsules a day
- Cayenne pepper pods – 2-3 pods per day
- Cayenne pepper powder – 1-2 teaspoons per day
Other Health Benefits Of Cayenne Pepper
- It relieves pain, headache, and migraine
- It supports digestion
- Helps to detoxify the body
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties
- Helps fight flu and cold
- It helps to treat psoriasis
- Prevents blood clot formation
- It has antimicrobial properties
- It has anticancer properties
- Talk to your doctor before taking cayenne pepper capsules or powder for weight loss.
- Don’t exceed the recommended dosage.
- Stop using it if it causes any discomfort.
So, ladies, start using this miracle weight loss ingredient, and wow everyone with your new look and confidence. If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below. Take care!
- How Does Black Pepper Help You Lose Weight?
- How To Use Ginger Tea For Losing Weight?
- 25 Best Herbs And Spices To Help You Lose Weight
- 5 Amazing Ways Jeera Water Helps You To Lose Weight
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Linda Robson’s Two And A Half Stones Weight Loss Secrets - December 27, 2018
- Anne Hegerty’s One-Stone Weight Loss Diet - December 26, 2018
- How Bhumi Pednekar Lost 32 Kgs – Diet And Workout Secrets - December 26, 2018
- MIND Diet – Best Science-Based Diet To Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease - December 26, 2018
- Sara Ali Khan’s Weight Loss Story – How She Beat PCOS - December 19, 2018