We often tend to dab compact or pressed powder quite casually all over the face. This invariably results in an uneven or cakey makeup. A satin smooth texture can be achieved only with the proper use of a compact.
Today, we’ll show you an amazing way to apply compact for the perfect finish. The finishing touch is the most important aspect when it comes to obtaining a flawless makeup. To protect and make your makeup last longer, we would advise you to carry a pressed compact with you always. Whenever you feel a little sweaty, you can use it for instant touch-ups.
How To Apply Compact Powder Perfectly?
You Will Need
- Pressed/loose compact powder
- A powder brush
- A sponge applicator
Step By Step Tutorial
Step 1: Cleansing And Moisturizing
Start by cleansing and moisturizing your face. Then, use a face primer. It helps your makeup stay on longer and gives an even base.
Step 2: Dab Foundation
Use a concealer on the areas where you require coverage such as around the mouth, under the eyes, and on any discolored portion of the face. Dab foundation all over the face and blend it evenly.
It is important to know that the application of the compact powder goes in after your concealer and foundation. In any case, if you are using a powder plus foundation (two-in-one product) that can be worn by itself or over the makeup, use it immediately after the primer, or at the end after the application of the foundation.
Step 3: Apply Compact With Sponge
Take a compact powder in a shade that matches your skin tone and apply it all over the face with a sponge applicator. While using the sponge, ensure that you first dab the product and pat well onto the skin and then blend it evenly. This technique provides coverage and also makes the skin look flawless.
You can also apply the compact powder by using a fluffy powder brush. Load the powder onto the brush and dust off the excess. Start by applying it from the center of the face. For the application, use long strokes in a dabbing motion, and follow it up with a sweeping motion. Blend it evenly throughout the face and the neck area.
Step 4: Spread It All Over The Face
Ensure that you apply the compact powder on the neck as well as other visible areas. Otherwise, your face can end up looking different from the rest of your body.
Your makeup looks perfect and flawless now. A little hard work pays big time, doesn’t it?
Tips And Precautions To Be Followed While Applying Compact
- The application depends on the skin type. In case you have dry skin, apply the powder only on the T-zone and under the eye. Avoid applying it on the dry areas of the face as it may end up looking patchy and cakey.
- Those with oily skin can apply the powder all over the face and certainly more on the areas that are more oiler, especially on the T-zone.
- When using a two-in-one compact powder, wait for the moisturizer and primer to settle into your skin and then go ahead with the powder application. Otherwise, you will end up having a patchy and uneven look.
- Sponge applicators are the best when you need a quick coverage in few coats. These help in easy application.
- Pick a compact shade that is close to your skin color. Choosing a shade lighter can make the skin look grey after a while.
We hope that this tutorial was helpful. If you have any more tips, feel free to comment below.
- 10 Best Maybelline Compact Powders In India
- Top 10 Revlon Face Powders And Compacts In India
- Top 10 Oriflame Compact Powders In India
- L’Oreal True Match Powder Ingredients
- How to use Lakme Rose Powder?