If you want your makeup to be on point, you need to know how to apply compact perfectly. This important makeup item can make or break your look. If you overdo the compact, it might end up making your face look cakey. But when done right, it can leave you with a silky smooth texture.
So, if you are a beginner and want to ace your makeup game, this article is just for you. We share some tips and tricks and a step-by-step tutorial to help you apply your compact. It ensures a flawless finish and makes your makeup last long. The compact is also a blessing for those with sweaty skin and can be used for touch-ups. Scroll down for the details.
In This Article
How To Apply Compact Powder Perfectly?
You Will Need
- Pressed/loose compact powder
- A powder brush
- A sponge applicator
Step By Step Tutorial
Step 1: Cleansing And Moisturizing
Start by cleansing and moisturizing your face. Then, use a face primer. It helps your makeup stay on longer and gives an even base.
Step 2: Dab Foundation
Use a concealer on the areas where you require coverage such as around the mouth, under the eyes, and on any discolored portion of the face. Dab foundation all over the face and blend it evenly.
It is important to know that the application of the compact powder goes in after your concealer and foundation. In any case, if you are using a powder plus foundation (two-in-one product) that can be worn by itself or over the makeup, use it immediately after the primer, or at the end after the application of the foundation.
Step 3: Apply Compact With Sponge
Take a compact powder in a shade that matches your skin tone and apply it all over the face with a sponge applicator. While using the sponge, ensure that you first dab the product and pat well onto the skin and then blend it evenly. This technique provides coverage and also makes the skin look flawless.
You can also apply the compact powder by using a fluffy powder brush. Load the powder onto the brush and dust off the excess. Start by applying it from the center of the face. For the application, use long strokes in a dabbing motion, and follow it up with a sweeping motion. Blend it evenly throughout the face and the neck area.
Step 4: Spread It All Over The Face
Ensure that you apply the compact powder on the neck as well as other visible areas. Otherwise, your face can end up looking different from the rest of your body.
Your makeup looks perfect and flawless now. A little hard work pays big time, doesn’t it?
Tips And Precautions To Be Followed While Applying Compact
- The application depends on the skin type. In case you have dry skin, apply the powder only on the T-zone and under the eye. Avoid applying it on the dry areas of the face as it may end up looking patchy and cakey.
- Those with oily skin can apply the powder all over the face and certainly more on the areas that are more oiler, especially on the T-zone.
- When using a two-in-one compact powder, wait for the moisturizer and primer to settle into your skin and then go ahead with the powder application. Otherwise, you will end up having a patchy and uneven look.
- Sponge applicators are the best when you need a quick coverage in few coats. These help in easy application.
- Pick a compact shade that is close to your skin color. Choosing a shade lighter can make the skin look grey after a while.
To keep your compact perfectly on point, use a sponge to apply your compact powder. This makeup item is not only convenient but also provides your face with a flawless and smooth blend. Learn the tips and precautions mentioned above, and follow the steps religiously to ace your makeup game. Do not forget to dab till you get the perfect finish. And when in need, you can always come back to this extensive guide on how to apply compact easily without looking cakey and patchy.