Applying blush can help your face look slimmer and contoured, and it can offer you a chiseled jaw look. But did you know that the blush application process differs from one face shape to another? So, in this article, we will teach you how to apply blush on a round face. Since blush is crucial in your daily makeup routine to help you give that rosy glow, a perfect swipe of the right colored blush can enhance your face shape and complexion. So, without further ado, scroll down and keep reading to know more – as it is time for you to be the center of attention and steal the show like never before!
- Best Brushes For Blush Application: Best Brushes For Blush Application Round fluffy brush for the cheeks and angled brushes for sculpting cheekbones.
- Enhancing Tips: Best Brushes For Blush Application Apply a bronzer below your cheekbones, in the hollow of your face, and apply blush to the upper cheeks for an instant face lift.
- Make It Long Lasting: Best Brushes For Blush Application Loosely blend a setting powder over the blush.
In This Article
How To Apply Blush On Round Face?
A few basics before we start applying blush on round face:
1. Select a color of blush similar to your skin complexion. If you are really pale then go for pinkish shades otherwise select peachy rosy shades as you move towards the tanned complexion of the shade scale. For an Indian fair complexion a light rosy blush suits the best while for an Indian tanned complexion a peachy shade is the best.
2. Do not use shimmer or glitter blush on the hollows of cheeks.
3. If you are applying a powder blush, do not apply directly over a foundation which has a powdery finish. It will just lead to blotchiness. Apply a moisturizer first. If you don’t want to apply a moisturizer, then apply a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation directly and then use the powder blush on it.
For a cream blush, use it on a powdered compact base. It will lead to less blotchiness. You don’t need to worry about the foundation type too much in this case.
4. Avoid the use of finger tips, swabs, cotton balls or makeup sponges. Use a good quality blush brush. See that the bristles have a super satin soft feel to them.
5. For a round face the contouring of the face is very important to give it a more oval and chiselled look.
Nina Ubhi, a popular beauty blogger, explains how one can use makeup to slim round cheeks and get a structured face. She recommends breaking the contour at the cheekbone using round strokes of bronzer to create definition beyond the natural curves of the face and get a chiseled look. She adds, “It is not about how much you do it, it’s about where and how you apply it (i).”
DIY Tutorial On How To Apply Blush On A Round Face?
You must use blush on the smallest area between eye brows and the hairline. This will give a sleeker look of the forehead.
Suck your cheeks in and follow the contour of the cheek apples. Swipe very lightly in two to three strokes along the sides on the cheek apples starting from near the mouth point leaving about half an inch upto the point near the ear.
Blush not only contours the cheek but also sharpens your nose. Take the blush brush and in one single straight line along sides of the nose. Do the same on the opposite side. Do not use over the nose bone.
A round face is basically round because of the roundness of the chin. Chiselling of the chin area is hence needed. Follow blushing as per the shown lines below. The one inch space at the two sides of the chin should be given one gentle swipe of the blush. Don’t use too much blush here. Use whatever is left on the brush.
Final contour lining should be as follows for a round face.
Blush should always be applied with light hands so that the redness gets mixed with your skin and should look natural.
This is totally optional but if you want a rosy flush to the cheek apples, then select another shade of blush, which is lighter than the shade you are using on to the contours and give a round swipe of this blush on to the cheek apples. Also, if you have a slightly elongated or oval face shape, then apply the color pigment on your cheekbones instead of apples to create a lifted look.
Tip: If you are using a cream blush, don’t forget to pat a little bit of compact gently after application for a satin smooth no-blotch finish. And your makeup is complete!
Infographic: A Guide To Flawless Blush Application On Round Faces
A blush can help create the illusion of more defined cheekbones on a round face and add a touch of color to your complexion. Knowing how to apply it on a round face can make a big difference in how well your features stand out. Check out the infographic below for a guide to help you out.
That’s your ultimate guide on how to apply blush on a round face. With our step-by-step tutorial, you are very close to getting that chiseled look of your dreams. Know your skin tone and purchase the shade that suits it perfectly. And as mentioned above, make sure to get your hands on a blush brush if you want to stand out in the crowd and steal the show. So, go ahead and begin your makeup session. Rosy cheeks are on your way!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you smile when putting on blush?
It depends on your technique. You can either smile or pucker your lips to know where you should apply the blush.
Why does my blush not blend?
Your blush may not blend well if your skin is too dry or oily. So, keeping it clean, healthy, and moisturized may help you get flawless makeup.
Do you put highlighter or blush on first?
It can work either way. The order of application doesn’t matter as much as the technique. You should know the right place to apply the blush and highlighter.
- A blush closest to your skin tone can easily give you a natural finish and add to your beauty.
- Contour the nose and the chin with your blush for a more chiseled look.
- To avoid your powder blush from appearing blotchy, skip the foundation and apply it over a tinted moisturizer.
Learn how to apply blush for a perfect look! Discover the theory behind placement, color, formula, common mistakes, and the tools you need to add the much-desire color to your face! Watch this video below!
Personal Experience: Source
i. How To Slim Round Cheeks Using Makeup | NINA UBHI