Most of us have one common makeup product that we all love – a lipstick!
Indian girls have the perfect skin tone to carry off most lipstick shades. Most of us also know the basics when it comes to applying lip colour, like the liner and how to draw our lips in different ways and the like.
The one thing though that has not yet caught up with Indian women is using a foundation for your lipstick.
Why to use a foundation for your lipstick:
- Applying a foundation on the lips will help your lip colour stay in place and not smudge easily.
- Alternatively, if you are using a concealer on your skin, use it on your lips too.
- Using a foundation or concealer on your lips will ensure that the colour stays put for long and does not transfer. It will also give more colour payoff to your lipstick.
Some issues while applying foundation on your lips:
There can, however, be a little makeup glitches while you are applying a foundation on your lips. Here are the most common ones that you may face:
- The foundation can start to look blotchy on your lips
- Those with cracked or very dry lips can face a lot of problem while applying foundation on the lips as this will make your cracks prominent.
A proper application of the foundation will ensure you do not face the above problems. The end result will be professional and your makeup will last much longer.
Things you will need for applying a foundation on the lips:
- An old toothbrush or you regular tooth brush
- A bowl of warm water
- Lip Balm
- Your Concealer
- Your Foundation
- A lip brush
- Your regular lip liner, lipstick and gloss
Step 1: Removing the dead skin from the lips
- Dip your used toothbrush into warm water for 2 minutes to make it softer.
- Use only a used tooth brush, preferably the toothbrush that you are using on a daily basis.
- You must not use a hard or a new toothbrush because it will only erode the skin surface much more. A hard toothbrush will make your lip’s skin even more dry and painful later on.
- Use the tooth brush on your lips gently in circular motions to get rid of all the dry skin flakes.
Step 2: Hydrating your lips
- Apply a lip balm generously and massage well.
- Let it sit for some time before applying any other product
- A great way to keep your lips nourished is by regularly applying a good lip balm each night before going to bed.
Step 3: Concealing and blending
- Apply your concealer on the lips
- Using your fingers, properly blend it.
Step 4: Applying foundation on the lower lips
- Use your foundation with the help of your lip brush
- Apply it in small dots on the lower lips. This will give you more precision in applying foundation. It will also make sure that you do not go overboard, which usually happens when you apply foundation on the lips with your fingers.
Step 5: Applying foundation on the upper lips
- Follow the same procedure for your upper lips.
Step 6: Blending
- Very carefully blend in the foundation so that it covers the entire area on your lips.
- Blending should be done with gentle hands and not harshly using circular motions.
- Pat it in lightly.
- Do the same as you move from one corner of the lips to the other
Step 7: Concentrate on the cupid’s arrow
- Carefully blend well with the cupid’s arrow or the “V” of the lips.
- Do not go overboard.
- Make sure your movements are light so that the product does not get wiped off.
Step 8: Lip Liner
- Follow this with your normal lip liner application.
Now fill in your lips using your lip colour.
How this helps
This procedure will help your lip colour stay on longer and smudge less as the base of the foundation and concealer will hold in the product better.
Do try out this simple makeup trick and let us know if it worked for you!
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 10 Trending Nail Colors You Must Own This Winter - March 15, 2015
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- 2 Amazing Red Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- 2 Stunning Purple Nail Art Design Tutorials – With Detailed Steps And Pictures - December 10, 2013