A lipstick is the fastest way a woman can amp up her beauty quotient. In fact, they say that nothing can brighten your face faster than lipstick. Who doesn’t like luscious lips that add the right bit of oomph and glamor? Well, for all you ladies with thin lips, here is a solution to glide on your lipstick perfectly. Take a look:
Things You Need To Apply Lipstick for Thin Lips
- Lip Liner
- Lip Brush
- Lip Gloss (optional)
How To Apply Lipstick On Thin Lips?
Follow this step by step tutorial to apply lipstick to thin lips perfectly.
Examine your lip shape before you start applying the lipstick. Check if your bottom lip is thinner than your upper lip, or vice versa.
Once you have analyzed your lip shape, prepare your lips with a lip conditioner or a lip primer. This provides a smooth and even base, and facilitates effortless application.
Start by using a lip pencil as it gives you perfect control and enhances the lip shape. Ensure that you have sharpened your lip pencil.
Start the application by lining the cupid’s bow. Gently draw a line across the peak of the lip and contour the lip till the corners.
In this tutorial, I am overdrawing the lip of the model, staying close to her natural lip line.
Create soft lines instead of crisp lines so that your lips look naturally full.
After you are done with the upper lip, start with the lower lip.
Starting from the corners, gradually draw the line till the center of the lips. Use short strokes to draw the line.
Since I have overdrawn the upper lip slightly, I am going to retain the lower lip shape to maintain the balance.
Now, fill the entire lip with the same lip pencil.
Filling the lips with a lip liner makes your lipstick last longer.
The best way to apply lipstick is by using a lip brush as it facilitates precise application. Fill the lips using short strokes with the brush, and blend the lipstick evenly everywhere.
The last step is to dab a concealer on the corners and edges of the lips with a brush. This technique adds definition to your lips and makes them look neat.
The Final Look
Finish the look with a swipe of lip gloss. Layer it up for a fuller look.
[ Read: Tips For Beautiful Lips ]
Important Tips to Apply Lipstick on Thin Lips
- Take a soft bristle toothbrush or a warm wet cloth and gently rub over your lips. This will remove dead cells and reduce the occurrence of chapped lips.
- For healthy lips, rub some vaseline on your lips before you go to bed.
- Dab a cream-based highlighter on the cupid’s bow with your fingers to create the illusion of thicker lips.
- Best lipstick shades for thin lips – Use shades like pinks, reds, and nudes as they tend to make the lips look fuller.
- Avoid using lip colors in metallic or shimmery textures as they don’t make the lips look naturally full. Instead, use matte or satin finish lipsticks and lip liners as they help to disguise the fact that you have overdrawn the lips.
Well, you can let your lips do all the talking now! With lipstick so perfect, you are sure to grab all the right attention. Let us know how this tutorial helped you by leaving a comment below.
- How To Apply Foundation For Long Lasting Lipsticks
- How To Apply Lipgloss Perfectly – Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures
- How To Prevent Your Lipstick From Smudging- A Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Make Lips Soft Before Applying Lipstick?
Latest posts by Afsha Rangila (see all)
- 5 Easy Steps To Blend Eyeshadows Perfectly –A Step By Step Tutorial - August 24, 2014
- How To Get The Perfect Lip Shape: A Step-By-Step Tutorial - August 6, 2014
- How To Prevent Lipstick From Smudging - July 28, 2014
- Angelina Jolie Eye Makeup: A Step By Step Tutorial - July 18, 2014
- Gorgeous Makeup For College Girls – A Step-By-Step Tutorial - June 21, 2014