How to get glowing skin in 7 days – if you are pressed for time and have been searching for the answer to this question all over the internet, we heard you. It may seem an unachievable feat, but if you take care of your skin and follow a few lifestyle tips, you can get glowing and healthy skin in a week. This article explains the necessary steps you need to take for achieving this goal. Read on.
In This Article
Useful Tips To Get Clear And Glowing Skin Naturally
A proper lifestyle and skin care routine may improve your skin in a week, but to keep it glowing and healthy for longer, you need to follow these tips regularly.
Skin Care Tweaks
1. Know Your Skin Type
Unless you know your skin type, you cannot pick the right skin care and makeup products that suit it.
- Dry skin: Your skin feels tight, flaky, and parched.
- Oily skin: Your T-zone is greasy and shiny.
- Combination skin: Your T-zone is greasy, but your cheeks and jaw are dry.
- Normal skin: Your skin is neither too oily nor excessively dry.
- Sensitive skin: Your skin easily turns red and gets inflamed and itchy.
Check out this article to learn more ways to determine your skin type.
2. Follow A Regular CTM Routine
CTM stands for Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing. Sticking to a daily CTM routine is essential to cleanse and moisturize your skin properly. Once you find out your skin type, get a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer that suits your skin. Follow the CTM routine twice a day – in the morning and at night.
Pro Tip: You may use products that contain skin-brightening ingredients, such as grape seed extracts, azelaic acids, kojic acid, hydroquinone, and mulberry extract. This will help you get glowing skin faster.
3. Exfoliation Is Important
When you don’t exfoliate your skin, the dead cells keep accumulating on its surface, making it look dull and patchy. You can use a physical exfoliator (face scrubs) or a chemical exfoliator (face acids).
If you are using a physical exfoliator, make sure it is not too harsh on your skin. Use exfoliators that have very finely ground particles or round grain-like particles that gently buff the dead cells away.
If you are using chemical exfoliators, go for products that contain AHAs and BHAs (alpha and beta hydroxy acids). AHAs do not penetrate deep into your skin and are mild, making them perfect for beginners. BHAs exfoliate the skin surface and cleanse your pores.
AHAs and BHAs are also found in serums, toners, masks, and other products. If you are new to skin acids, it is better to proceed with caution. For beginners, AHAs, such as lactic acid and mandelic acid, are suitable as they are mild.
Caution: When using a chemical exfoliator, follow the instructions mentioned on the product carefully. Over-exfoliating can damage your skin.
4. Use A Peeling Mask
This is a once-a-week indulgence. A peeling mask smoothens your skin and evens out your skin tone by getting rid of more dead skin cells compared to regular exfoliating scrubs.
Choose peeling masks that contain natural fruit enzymes, such as pineapple or papaya. You may also try peeling masks with low levels of glycolic acid. It is the best skin care routine for glowing skin.
Peeling masks are best for giving your skin a quick pick-me-up when you are in a hurry.
5. Choose Skin Care Products With Multiple Benefits
It is wise to use products that offer multiple benefits. For example, a moisturizer that has both anti-aging and brightening properties or a cream that reduces blemishes and evens out skin tone.
You can try products that contain retinoids (vitamin A). You will usually find it listed as Retinol or Retin-A. A clinical assessment on 36 elderly subjects found that topical retinol reduced the signs of aging (wrinkles and fine lines), enhanced collagen synthesis, and strengthened the skin matrix (responsible for maintaining the structure, resilience, and stability of your skin). This, ultimately, improved the overall appearance of the skin (1).
Doctor-prescribed products contain a higher percentage of retinoids, while over-the-counter products are milder and have a lower chance of causing irritation.
Note: Do a patch test before using retinol products.
6. Steam It Up!
You may steam your face for a few minutes twice or thrice a week. It helps clear the skin pores and remove impurities. It also helps the skin sweat and flushes out toxins.
7. Make Sunscreen Your Religion!
Protecting your skin from the UV rays is important. Never forget to apply sunscreen before heading out. Use one with at least SPF 30 and PA+++ (or PA++++) as it protects you from both UVA and UVB rays. Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours when you are outdoors.
You need to follow these skin care tips religiously to get glowing skin. You also need to monitor your lifestyle habits because your skin cannot look good on the outside if it does not feel good from within.
1. Drink Plenty of Water
Starting with the easiest lifestyle change, keep track of the amount of water you are drinking every day. The daily water intake to meet the needs of your body may differ from person to person. Drinking more than 2 liters of water every day has been found to hydrate your skin and significantly improve its overall health and appearance (2), (3).
You may squeeze a lemon into or add some fruit slices to your water to make it easier to drink!
2. Sweat It Out!
Exercise increases the blood flow in your body, which, in turn, gets the oxygen moving throughout the body. This leads to clearer skin (and a slimmer you)! Work out twice or thrice a week. You can try cardio, dancing, jogging, walking, or trekking.
3. Say Goodbye To Sugar And Processed Food
Cookies, candies, cupcakes, and colas may sound tempting, but it is better to resist processed foods if you want to keep your body and skin healthy. Although the correlation between diet and skin health needs further research, dietary intervention may help reduce a few skin issues like acne and skin aging.
For instance, a high intake of sugar can accelerate signs of aging by promoting cross-linking of collagen fibers. Consuming foods with a high GI (glycemic index), like white bread, rice, and sugar, may increase skin inflammation (4). Thus, it would be a good idea to add low-GI foods such as fruits and vegetables to your diet and cut your sugar intake to improve the appearance of your skin.
4. Eat All Colors
Colorful and nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits are rich sources of essential vitamins and minerals you need to keep your skin healthy. They are rich in antioxidants that prevent free radical damage, maintain hydration levels, and improve overall skin and body health (5).
Skin care and lifestyle changes may not give you quick results, but they can give you glowing skin in the long run if you follow them religiously.
However, if you want glowing skin instantly, makeup can help you. You do not need many makeup products to make your face glow. What you need are the right makeup products and techniques to achieve that glow.
Makeup Quick-Fixes For Glowing Skin
1. Invest In A Liquid Foundation
A good foundation can cover up all the blemishes and spots on your face in no time. However, if you want that glow on your face, buy a liquid foundation. Liquid foundation has comparatively high moisture content, which helps reflect light. Make sure to get a non-comedogenic formula.
2. Use A Highlighter/ Strobe Cream
This is the best product you can use to get that glow. Use a liquid highlighter or a strobe cream. You can mix it with your foundation or body lotion to get natural glowing skin. Apply a bit on your cheeks and brow bones for a faux glow.
Check out this article to learn the art of strobing for a dewy look, and this article for the best drugstore highlighters you can get your hands on.
3. Use A Face Oil
Many makeup artists mix face oil in their foundation before applying it. It gives you a fresh, out-of-shower glow when you are short on time. You can also apply light face oil first and then put on foundation.
4. Try Illuminating Primer
You can use an illuminating primer underneath your foundation to get that “lit from within” look. All you need is a drop of the product to get glowing skin.
5. Get A Bronzer
A good powder bronzer adds shimmer to your face. However, make sure to pick the right shade of bronzer for your skin tone – a sheer and peachy bronzer or one that is a shade darker than your skin tone. Apply it along your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and along your hairline.
Although these makeup products can give you a quick, natural-looking glow in minutes, there is no shortcut to getting healthy skin that glows from within. Take care of your skin and make the lifestyle changes listed above to keep it looking healthy and have a glowing face.
We’ve put together some tips from the experts that will make the process a whole lot easier.
Tips For Glowing Skin From Beauty Experts
Do you wish to have a gorgeous and glowing skin? Feel the need to having absolutely beautiful and supple skin? Then here are few tips from the famous beauty experts so you can follow them religiously to have the amazing looks!!!
Achieving beautiful glowing skin could be easier than you think. Apart from eating the right foods and adopting a healthy lifestyle that is free of smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, you must use products that are high in quality. Concluding the effectiveness of lotions and creams is not easy because most brands out there do not contain the right ingredients. Here are the three essential ingredients to look for that are proven to give you beautiful and radiant skin.
It is important to avoid skin care products that are made with synthetic chemicals; most of the chemicals in these products are too harsh on the skin. They dry the skin and cause irritation. Using natural ingredients is the best way to achieve beautiful glowing skin because they are gentler on the skin; therefore, unlike chemicals, they have no negative side effects.
These are the three natural skin care ingredients for healthy, youthful, and beautiful skin:
- CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin against the damaging effects of free radicals. One of the most effective types of CoQ10 is HE10 Nano-h, which is in the form of nano-emulsion. It can descend deep into the dermis to fight against free radicals and reverse the aging process.
Nano-h HEQ10 has also been proven to nourish and rejuvenate the skin, and make it glow.
- Functional keratin is a collagen booster because it helps the human body synthesize collagen and elastin naturally. For starters, collagen and elastin are proteins that are responsible for keeping the skin young, beautiful, and bright.
Special functional keratin extracted from the wool of sheep in New Zealand not only boosts collagen levels but also promotes the regeneration of cells and the moisture-retaining capacity of the skin. There is also evidence that shows that it fills wrinkles and refracts light in a way that makes the skin appear smooth and glowing.
- Maracuja is a natural vegetable oil that has been proven to regulate the production of sebum in the sebaceous glands. It accelerates the secretion of oil in dry skin and limits the secretion in oily skin. It absorbs moisture from the environment and seals in the dermis; therefore, it moisturizes the skin to make it soft, smooth, and radiant.
Now that you know the essential ingredients that will help you achieve beautiful glowing skin, it is time to look for a brand that contains them.
Christine Aguilar: www.shelookbook.com
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a good day and night beauty routine that includes exfoliating twice a week and using a mask twice a week.
- Include raw almonds in your diet. It works wonders for the skin.
Shahnaz Cola: www.shahnazlovesbeauty.com
- Catch some Zzzs. There is a reason it’s called beauty sleep!
- Drink lots of water. If your body is dehydrated, your face will show it.
- Make a mask at home. Just DIY it with 1 ripe banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, and a few drops of lemon mashed together.
- Hydrate and nourish the skin inside out.
We already know that we need to drink 6-8 glasses of water for better health, but it is crucial to drink enough filtered water to flush out nasty toxins from the body and leave your skin looking clear and plump. Drink more cold-water and eat more oily fish (salmon, mackerel, and tuna), berries and green, and leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli) for an extra beauty boost.
- Dry body brush: Supermodel Miranda Kerr swears by this technique for radiant skin. It is a great way to stimulate blood flow and lymph drainage and detoxify the skin. I do this before a warm shower – use a body brush in circular movements, starting at my ankles and working my way up my body, focusing specifically on stubborn areas such as thighs and buttocks.
- Get moving! Exercise increases blood circulation, which carries vital, repairing nutrients to the skin cells. In my opinion, the amazing glow that you get after a workout is by far the best kind of radiance you can have. Take your exercise outdoors as fresh air oxygenates skin cells even more.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate your skin at least once a week to remove dead skin cells and reveal refreshed, glowing skin. Make sure you pick the best exfoliator for your skin type – oily-skinned ladies will benefit from a gentle scrub that unclogs pores. Dry skin works well with chemical exfoliators containing fruit acids that target the deeper layers of the skin, while more sensitive skin types should opt for an enzyme exfoliator that won’t aggravate the skin.
Tracy Branfield: www.thefashionfox.co.za
- At night, I love using SkinCeuticals Simply Clean gel cleanser with my Clarisonic – it really removes every last trace of make-up. I also love to follow that up with an application of Sunday Riley’s Good Genes – nothing like an overnight exfoliant to wake up with a good glow, right?
- Bliss’ Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Masks de-puff my under eyes in all of two minutes – which is key when you’re constantly between time zones or during Fashion Month when zero sleep is expected. Throw them in the fridge for extra credit.
- Always have a pack of Burt’s Bees White Tea Extract facial wipes with you when you’re on the go – whether I’m on a long-haul flight or hitting the gym, they save my skin every time.
Stephanie Mark: www.thecoveteur.com
- Start the day with a glass of lemon water. It’s a natural detox drink that cleanses your digestive tract, supports a healthy liver and radiant skin reduces water retention and gives your body a powerful alkaline boost. Lemons are also a wonderful source of vitamin C, an important collagen-building nutrient.
- Improve the way you break down and assimilate nutrients in your diet by tuning up your digestion – I recommend both probiotics and fermented foods (just a small amount in the diet every day). l like raw sauerkraut, miso, kefir, and kimchi. When you digest better, your skin glows!
- Fill your diet with foods that provide natural UV defense for your skin, in addition to wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Some of my favorite UV-protective summer foods are tomatoes, watermelon, green tea, cantaloupe, and cherries.
Jolene Hart: www.jolenehart.com
- Use a face cloth/washcloth to remove your face cleanser and face masks. It gets rid of all product residues while gently exfoliating to brighten skin.
- Apply organic Rose Hip oil to your skin at night – aside from being nourishing, it contains Vitamin A to reduce sun damage and scarring.
- A homemade body scrub made with olive oil, fine salt, sugar, and a couple of drops of essential oil is the easiest way to sort out dull skin on your body. It will and leave your skin feeling super soft and moisturized. Don’t use it on your face though; it’s too rough.
Chantelle Bester: www.notanotherpoppie.com
- Let your skin breathe, go makeup-less at least once a week.
- Water – drink eight glasses a day to keep skin clear and glowing.
- Eat well and exercise – beauty comes from within, the better you feel, the better you will look.
- Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize: This helps the skin to stay clean and hydrated, as well as allows it to breathe at night. Over time you’ll notice healthier, glowing skin.
- Exfoliate once a week: This helps to renew skin cells and exfoliate dead ones away, it makes your skin brighter and healthier. Just make sure it’s the right one for your skin type!
- Drink lots of water: There’s only so much products can do, the rest is up to yourself and your diet. Be good to your body and it’ll be good for you.
With that, you can put the battles you have with your skin to rest. Starting off with this 7-day guide will get your skin back up to optimum health, paving the way to better skin care. Your skin, regardless of its type or condition, needs as much attention as it can get. All the effort you put into it now is bound to pay off later when you are much older but still have the skin that glows with health and youth.
If you are looking for quick and easy tips on how to get glowing skin in 7 days, this article equips you with enough information to do so. You can achieve glowing skin in seven days by following the cleansing-toning-moisturizing routine, exfoliating your skin, and choosing the right products that offer multiple benefits for your skin type. Additionally, staying hydrated, exercising regularly, eating a balanced diet, and following some makeup hacks by experts can keep your skin soft, healthy, and radiant in the long run.
- Improvement of naturally aged skin with vitamin A (retinol)., Archives of Dermatology, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Dietary water affects human skin hydration and biomechanics, Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Effect of fluid intake on skin physiology: distinct differences between drinking mineral water and tap water, International Journal of Cosmetic Science, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Diet and Dermatology The Role of Dietary Intervention in Skin Disease, The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Discovering the link between nutrition and skin aging, Dermato-endocrinology, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.