There’s gum in your hair, and your mind’s running crazy with thoughts. You are wondering if you’ll have to chop off your hair. Well, relax! We have ten solutions to fix your problem. All you need are a few simple ingredients and some patience. Without using scissors, you can remove the gum that has settled in your hair. Keep reading to find out more!
1. Peanut Butter
- Scoop out a good amount of peanut butter with your fingers.
- Coat the hair that the gum is stuck in with peanut butter.
- Scrape the gum gently.; You can even use a toothbrush to do so.
- Allow the stickiness to subside and carefully pick the chunks of gum out using your fingers or a comb.
2. Natural Oil
- Apply a few drops of oil on the gum. You can opt for olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil.
- Once you are done coating the gum with the oil, leave it on until the stickiness has reduced.
- Scrape the gum gently (especially at the edges) with the help of a comb or a toothbrush. This helps break down the stickiness of the gum without causing any damage to your hair.
3. Ice Cubes
- Rub an ice cube on the gum for 15 to 20 minutes. This will harden the gum completely.
- The harder the gum, the easier is it for you to chip it out of your hair.
- In case the gum softens while you were scraping it off, freeze it again. The temperature needs to be low in order to stiffen the gum.
- Once the gum has broken into pieces, you can remove the bits easily.
4. Baking Soda
- Mix a spoonful of baking soda in a few drops of water to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste onto the gum and let it sit for a few minutes until it turns dry and brittle.
- The baking soda neutralizes the stickiness and makes it easy for the gum to separate itself from the hair strands.
- Pick out the gum without messing up your hair.
- Take some toothpaste on a cotton pad and apply all over the gum stuck in your hair.
- Leave it on for a few minutes until it dries.
- Carefully remove the gum with the help of a toothbrush or a comb.
- You must ensure the toothpaste has dried completely to remove the gum easily.
- Get your hair down and dirty with some mayonnaise! Take this fat-filled ingredient and massage it onto the gum stuck in your hair.
- Allow the rich, fatty oils to work through the stickiness.
- The gum will glide smoothly off your strands and become very easy to remove.
7. Rubbing Alcohol
- Soak a cotton pad or a piece of cloth with a few drops of rubbing alcohol.
- Dab it onto the gum until the entire area is soaked in the solution.
- Allow the liquid to reduce the stickiness.
- Once the liquid dries up, you can gently remove the gum.
- You can even use an alcoholic beverage in place of rubbing alcohol.
- Massage some Vaseline onto the gum.
- Concentrate mainly on the edges. This will help in scraping off the gum easily.
- After letting the Vaseline sit for 10 minutes, pull the gum out carefully. You can even use a comb or a toothbrush to remove the gum.
9. Hair Mousse
- Massage some mousse into the gum and the strands around it.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before combing your hair gently to detach the gum from the hair strands.
- The moisture in the mousse helps in reducing the stickiness.
- You can even opt for a strong hairspray to quickly remove the gum.
- Take a few drops of plain white vinegar on a cotton ball and dab it over the gum. You can also pour some vinegar into a jar and dip your gum-covered hair into the liquid, submerging the gum completely.
- Allow the strands and the gum to absorb the acidity from the vinegar.
- After a few minutes, check how much the gum has softened.
- If it has loosened quite a bit, gently remove the gum with the help of a toothbrush or your fingers.
These are some of the quickest ways of getting rid of gum from your hair. Let us know what your favorite technique is in the comments section below. Got any suggestions? Feel free to share them with us. We would love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Cooling Sheets For Night Sweats To Buy In 2019 - April 26, 2019
- 10 Best Metatarsal Foot Pads To Buy In 2019 - April 25, 2019
- 10 Best Bunion Correctors To Buy In 2019 – Reviews - April 24, 2019
- 10 Best Steam Inhalers To Buy In 2019 - April 24, 2019
- 10 Best Anti-Snoring Pillows To Buy In 2019 - April 23, 2019