The sun is out. It is now time to have fun. Bring out the strappy dresses and the funky jewellery. It is time to hit the beach or a pool, whichever is closer.
Every coin has a flip side. You get fun and colour, but you also get hair damage during the summers. The UV and the sweat together mange to ruin any look you try on.
Regular Exposure to the Sun can Cause:
- Dry and brittle hair
- Lack of shine
- Limp hair
- Faded hair colour
- Split ends
- Hair fall
Caring for your hair becomes especially important. To prevent the damage, it is recommended to start looking after your hair on a regular basis.
How to Get Bouncy Hair in Summer?
1. Oiling your Hair:
Oiling is a great way to cure most of your hair problems. Whatever the hair problem is, oiling is a great way to abate the condition.
Apply coconut, almond or olive oil on your hair overnight and wash it the next morning. If possible, avoid shampoo and let it stay for a day.
2. Keep your Hair Clean:
The sun, sweat and dirt work against your hair during the summers.
Make sure you shampoo your hair about twice a week to remove all the greasiness. Avoid too much shampoo as it can to dry your hair out. Use a conditioner whenever you can avoid shampoo.
3. Homemade Hair Packs
Just like your skin, your hair also needs some extra care to combat the ill effects of the weather.
Go in for a hair pack to give your hair some much needed pampering and care. Use a homemade pack to add that extra shine and bounce to your hair. Alternatively, you can use an herbal pack or one that is made of natural ingredients. Egg, honey, mayonnaise and yogurt are especially good for the hair.
4. Nutritious and Healthy Eating
Our eating habits make a big impact on the condition of our hair.
A balanced diet of fruits and vegetables is very important for the nutrition it provides your hair. Include almonds, soyabean, flax seeds, milk and milk products, chickpeas and tomatoes in your diet. If you eat meat or eggs, make it a part of your regular diet. You will no doubt gain the summer bouncy hair!
5. Drink Water
Your body needs at least eight glasses of water a day.
The summer months need you to drink as much water as you can. Keeping your body well hydrated is the best way to make sure your hair stays in shape.
6. Avoid Heat Tools
Limp hair tempts you to style more.
Blow drying and styling saves the day when you have limp hair. It also causes damage. The heat sucks out moisture from your hair as such. Styling tools will only make it even worse.
Tips to Add Shine and Bounce Instantly:
- Give your hair a final rinse with beer. The properties in beer will add an instant shine to your otherwise dull and limp hair
- Apply some fresh aloe vera pulp to your scalp and hair. Wash this off after 20 minutes. Aloe naturally conditions the hair and improves its quality.
- Apply less shampoo on the tips of your hair. The shampoo suds will automatically come down from the top of the head till the tips. Using shampoo on the tips will further make them dry and lead to split ends
- Go for regular hair trims to avoid split ends and keep your hair looking healthy
- Use a sun protective hair serum for your hair
- Using baby talc on the scalp and rubbing it with light fingers will instantly remove the greasiness from your hair
- For hair that is looking exceptionally dull, wear Velcro curlers overnight and get bouncy and wavy hair in the morning, without using any heat tools
These tips guarantee shiny and bouncy hair! Hope that every question in you is now erased on how to get bouncy hair in summer! Let us know if you have tried any of these summer silky hair tips and which ones helped you.