Those who do waxing at home know how messy it can get. Even if you are a pro at pulling away those wax strips, you can’t avoid that icky feeling caused by wax residue on your skin. Try taking it off with your nails, and you end up making a larger mess. But you can easily avoid all of this. Check out these quick and easy ways to get that wax off your skin without messing it up.
Table Of Contents
How To Remove Wax From Your Skin
Sometimes, after a waxing session, removing the leftover wax from your skin could be difficult. This mostly happens if you have excessively dry skin. When your skin lacks moisture, it clings to the wax to take in all its moisture, making the removal process messy.
Wax may also stick to your skin if the strip is not pulled fast enough. Here are some tried and tested methods to get rid of the wax residue:
1. Remove Wax With Hot Water Compress
- Soak a washcloth in hot (or warm) water and place it on the leftover wax.
- Leave it for a minute (this softens the wax).Wipe the wax with the washcloth gently.
2. Remove Wax With Oil
- Choose your oil. You may use baby oil, olive oil, any massage oil, or an oil-based lotion.
- Take a cotton pad and saturate it with the oil or oil-based lotion.
- Place the oil-soaked cotton pad on the wax residue and hold for 30 seconds.Wipe the wax from your skin.
3. Remove Wax With Petroleum Jelly
- Take a generous amount of petroleum jelly.
- Rub it on the area where you have wax residue.
- Let it stay for a few minutes.
- Use a clean cotton pad to wipe the petroleum and wax from your skin.
4. Use Alcohol For Removing Wax
- If you have alcohol at home, dip a cotton pad in it.
- Gently rub the cotton pad in a circular motion on the area until the wax dissolves.
- Alcohol can be drying for the skin, so follow it up with a moisturizing lotion.
5. Remove Wax Safely With Ice
- Take an ice cube and hold it on the wax residue for about 30 seconds.
- Wipe the wax with a clean cloth.
6. Remove Wax With Soap And Water
- Wet the area with the wax residue.
- Apply soap and make a rich lather.
- Rinse off, and the wax will be gone.
Quite easy, right? However, if you spare a few minutes to set the stage beforehand, it will save you a lot of time as you wouldn’t be busy cleaning the traces of mess.
Ways To Prevent Wax From Sticking To Your Skin
Before you wax, take some time to do the following things to save your time later.
1. Moisturize Your Skin
Do this especially if you have dry skin. This is because the wax will sink into your skin and cling to it. So, the day before you plan to wax, moisturize your skin well and make sure that it is hydrated. Make sure
- Your skin is moisturized but not greasy. Otherwise, the wax will not stick, and it will be difficult to pull out hair.
- Avoid using oil-based moisturizers. This is because oil takes longer to sink into your skin.
2. Try Trimming Your Hair
It is easy to wax and pull out your hair if it is about ½ inch long. Hair longer than this often gets tangled up in the wax, making it hard for you to pull it clean, and it will be messy! If you usually get longer body hair (longer than ½ inch),
- Trim your body hair to the desired length on the day you plan to wax.
- Shave them off a week before waxing so that they grow to the right length.
3. Make Sure The Wax Is Hot And Thin
This makes application easy. Cold wax thickens, and it is a pain to spread it properly. It should be runny before you apply it. The wax should be hot but not so hot that it burns your skin. So, check the temperature by applying a small patch of wax on your skin first.
4. Apply Powder On Your Skin Before Waxing
Making sure that you do not sweat before waxing is essential. Otherwise, the wax sticks to the skin. Sprinkle powder on your skin, spread it well, and then wax your skin. This prevents the wax from sticking to your skin.
Also, always remember to pull the wax strip quickly. Doing it slowly not only increases the pain of hair removal but also leaves wax residue on your skin.
Hopefully, now, you have got an idea of how to prevent wax residue from sticking to your skin. Try any of these hacks out and let us know whether they worked for you or not. If you know any other way to prevent leaving wax traces on your skin, share it with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Ramona Sinha (see all)
- 16 Best Face Serums For Anti-Aging And Glowing Skin 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Transitioning To Natural Hair: 10 Easy Tips - April 11, 2021
- Hair Weaves: Everything You Need To Know - April 7, 2021
- 11 Best Toners For Oily Skin – 2021 - March 31, 2021
- How To Make An Oatmeal Bath - March 30, 2021