Ever wish you could flaunt glossy, shiny hair like celebrities do? Well now you can, even if you are on a tight budget! You don’t have to invest a lot of money buying hair sprays, conditioners or different kinds of shampoos- you can make your own shampoo. Want to know how? So here comes the role of an egg and how it can be used in making shampoos.
Yes, it probably sounds strange, but I know, it works wonders. Eggs are very rich in vitamins, protein, minerals and other amazing ingredients that can benefit the beauty of your curls tremendously. Eggs can condition hair and make it much more moisturized- so it is best for people with dry, damaged or brittle hair to use this shampoo.
How To Make Egg Shampoo At Home:
Here’s your guide on how to make egg shampoo that is simply perfect. In fact, two perfect egg shampoo recipes. You can just choose the one you like more, or the one that you have all the right ingredients for.
[Read:Onion helps Hair Growth]
Egg Shampoo – Variation 1
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mild shampoo (preferably unscented)
- 1/2 cup water
Combine all these ingredients in a blender and blend it till it has become one smooth mixture. The above mentioned recipe makes enough shampoo for one wash for medium to long hair. If your hair is really long, just add a little more of each ingredient that mentioned above. If there is any shampoo left over, just refrigerate it and make sure that you use it within 36 hours. This shampoo is best for people with dry and damaged hair, especially if the damage is due to over-exposure to the sun.
[Read:Onion helps Hair Growth]
Egg Shampoo- Variation 2
3 tablespoons of mild shampoo (baby shampoo works best)
Take a small bowl and beat the egg till it has become foamy and soft. Blend the yolk with the shampoo gently. Dampen your hair with lukewarm water, and massage half of the shampoo into your scalp and hair. This shampoo will not create a lot of suds- you don’t have to worry about that. Now, completely rinse out shampoo of your hair. Then repeat the same process with the other half of the shampoo. Remember, the second time you shampoo don’t do it for more than 60 seconds. Rinse well with luke warm water.
- If you find that the smell of eggs is too overwhelming, use some essential oil in your shampoo- lavender oil or vanilla essence works amazingly well.
- Make sure that you never wash your hair with hot water when using an egg shampoo. It will make the egg smell more prominent. Wash your hair first with warm then cold water.
- You could follow this up with a good egg conditioner, if your hair is really damaged. There are some really good egg hair masks and egg conditioner recipes you could try out, as well.
So after reading this article, I’m sure you’ll try this great homemade recipe for an egg shampoo that will add instant shine to hair. Stay beautiful and shine always!
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide A Cure For Sinus Infection? - August 10, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015