Tired of using expensive hair scrubs that don’t give any results? If your answer to that was a yes, then you have to try the brown sugar scalp scrub. Not only does it change your hair quality in weeks, but strengthens it too.
This post talks about the different kinds of brown sugar scrub and how you can prepare them right at your home. Would you like to know more? Keep reading!
Brown Sugar Scalp Scrub Recipes
1. Oatmeal And Brown Sugar Scrub
Brown sugar and oatmeal scrub successfully exfoliates the scalp, removes the clogged dirt and impurities, and boosts the blood circulation of your hair follicles.
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of oatmeal
- Small bowl
- 2 teaspoons of hair conditioner
- 15 drops of olive oil
- Hair conditioner
- Mix two tablespoons of brown sugar and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add 2 spoons of your favourite hair conditioner to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients using your hands.
- Add 15 drops of olive oil. Use a spoon to mix them together.
- Your Brown Sugar Scrub is ready.
Interesting fact: Oatmeal helps in fighting heart-related diseases. It removes stress and regulates blood pressure (1).
2. Jojoba Oil And Brown Sugar Scrub
The Jojoba Oil and brown sugar scrub removes dandruff, treats hair fall and moisturizes your hair effectively. It also protects your hair against the harmful rays of the sun.
- 2 spoons of brown sugar
- 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 spoons of jojoba oil
- 1 spoon of sea salt
- Mix brown sugar and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Add jojoba oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Mix using a spoon.
- Your jojoba oil and brown sugar scrub is now ready.
Interesting fact: Jojoba oil fights wrinkles and signs of aging. It also increases the softness of your skin by 37% (2).
[ Read: Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub ]
3. Baking Soda And Brown Sugar Scrub
This mixture can be used once a month to remove unwanted bacteria and dandruff. It contains antiseptic properties that will protect your hair from damage.
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of shampoo
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- While massaging your hair, focus on the scalp and roots.
- Use a few minutes to massage. This will improve blood circulation.
- Use warm water to rinse.
Note: If you have color treated hair, this scrub might not be the one for you.
Interesting fact: Australian tea tree oil can be used for massage therapy as it supplies your body with essential nutrients and keeps your skin toned, beautiful and rosy (3).
Now that you know how to prepare your own brown sugar scrub for hair, go ahead and read the many benefits it has for your skin!
Beauty Benefits Of Brown Sugar
1. Beauty Scrub
Brown sugar has often been used as a core ingredient while preparing beauty scrubs. Not only do experts see it as a natural exfoliator, but also emphasize on its natural effect. To use brown sugar for scrubbing at home, always begin from the feet and work it up to your neck and scalp. This will boost blood circulation and help your skin balance its pH levels. Wash your body with warm water once you are done. Doing this regularly will leave your skin soft, smooth and refreshed.
[ Read: Brown Sugar Face Scrubs And Benefits ]
2. Promotes Healthier Looking Skin
Brown sugar is also popularly known for promoting healthier and beautiful looking skin. It contains glycolic acid, which is a must-needed ingredient for all expensive beauty products. This helps in eliminating toxins from the body as it conditions and moisturizes the skin effectively.
3. Fights Acne
Brown Sugar fights acne, pimples and other skin conditions. It prevents breakouts in the future and allows your skin to remain healthy and vibrant. Add honey and milk to your brown sugar scrub in order to reap the benefits.
Start using brown sugar today and get glowing skin! Also, tell us how this post has helped you. Do comment in the box below.
- 3 Types Of Brown Sugar Face Scrubs And Their Benefits
- 20 Extremely Effective Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin
- DIY Top 25 Homemade Sugar Scrubs
- 5 Natural Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Hot Oil Manicure - July 24, 2015
- 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ballerina Tea - July 6, 2015
- Glutathione For Skin Whitening : Does It Really Work? - July 3, 2015