If you are used to staying out in the sun and the dirt every day, a face mask is just the thing you need to clean your face. This skin care product helps in minimizing blackheads, whiteheads, oily skin, pimples and even pigmentation. Face masks are manufactured by almost all beauty and skincare brands. But they inevitably contain chemicals that can harm your skin and create more problems.
But then, there is one face mask that is chemical-free and has no chemicals as well. It is the homemade lemon and baking soda mask we are talking about.
Would you like to know more? Just keep reading this post.
How To Make It
The lemon baking soda mask is as simple as it sounds. All you need is lemon juice and baking soda.
- To make the face mask, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with two tablespoons of baking soda. Baking soda reacts with the lemon juice and fizzes a lot. But keep mixing until you get a runny, pale yellow paste.
- Use this paste to rub all over your face and neck (avoid your eye). Scrub your nose and the T-zone or wherever you find oil on your face. It is normal to feel a bit of a tingle because the baking soda reaction keeps taking place. However, if you feel a burning sensation on your face, immediately wash the mixture off and don’t try it again.
- Also, keep this mixture on your face for no more than 15 minutes to avoid redness. Using a warm, wet washcloth, wipe the mask off your face. Using cold water, close your pores and pat your skin dry. Now moisturize your face with your favorite product.
[ Read: Face Packs For Skin Whitening ]
Using Lemon And Baking Soda Mask With Honey
To make the face mask with honey, add one teaspoon of raw, organic honey with the same amount of baking soda and lemon juice. Honey is a really good natural anti-bacterial substance that helps in killing the bad bacteria residing in the pores of your skin. It also soothes and moisturizes your skin.
[ Read: Beauty Benefits of Baking Soda ]
- Baking soda has a slightly grainy texture, which, when rubbed on your face, helps in exfoliating, and the tiny granules scrub off the outer layer of old skin cells.
- It prevents the build-up of dirt and oil in pores and consequently reduces the chances of breakouts. It also makes your skin tone even and glowing.
- Lemon juice, rich in citric acid and vitamin C, removes oil from your skin and cleanses your face. It also kills bacteria and reduces the chances of infection.
Thus, together lemon and baking soda make a wonderful facial treatment that beats salon treatments any day.
Lemon Soda Mask For Blackheads
Blackheads are essentially dirt that is lodged in the oily, open pores of your skin. As already mentioned, lemon removes oil, and baking soda scrubs away the dirt. Thus, this dual action helps in preventing blackheads and removing them easily. Take the face mask in your fingers, and gently and firmly rub on your nose with the tips of your fingers.
Lemon Soda Mask For Whiteheads
These tiny white dots that usually appear around your nose are no less unpleasant than blackheads. Unlike blackheads, whiteheads are clumps of oil and dead skin cells.
Lemon juice helps in opening up the pores and makes it easier for the baking soda granules to scrape them away. To help open up your pores more, take a steam bath before applying the face mask.
It is also important to prevent the re-entry of dirt and dead cells in the open pores. So, wash your face with cold water or rub an ice cube across your face until it melts completely.
Did you ever know that lemon and baking soda face mask can alter the way you look? Now, you too can boast of fresh and radiant skin with this simple homemade facial mask!
How has this post helped you? Tell us by commenting in the box provided below.
- How To Make Grape Face Mask At Home?
- 5 Simple Ways To Make Pomegranate Face Mask At Home
- How to Make a Face Mask for Kids Perfectly?
- 3 Simple Ways To Prepare Chamomile Face Mask At Home
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide A Cure For Sinus Infection? - August 10, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits Of Semolina Flour - August 7, 2015