Cracked heels and feet are extremely painful and uncomfortable, not to mention, they can be quite embarrassing, too. So, if you are looking for answers to ‘how to make your feet soft,’ carry on reading!
Our feet play an important role in keeping us functional and walking around. Lack of moisture will cause the skin of your feet to harden and crack over time. It is aggravated by wrong footwear and prolonged lack of care.
Now is the time to stop hiding those feet under socks and closed shoes. Instead, check out some effective at-home pedicure and foot care tips and remedies that you can use to soften the skin of your feet. Keep scrolling!
How To Make Your Feet Soft?
Below are some simple everyday care tips for your feet that you can always adopt to cure cracked feet and get smooth and flawless feet. Here are some such remedies –
- Use Baking Soda
- The Magic Of Banana
- Daily Cleaning Regime
- Wonder Of Olive Oil
- Use Vinegar
- Try Peppermint Oil
- DIY Scrub
- Treat It With Honey
- Best Natural Moisturizer – Milk
- Soak Feet In Lukewarm Water
- Treat Calluses
- Clean The Dirt Using Cleaning Needle
- Remove Hangnails
- Trim Toenails Regularly
- Buff Toenails
- Keep Feet Dry
- Apply Base Coat
- Cleanse Feet With Antibacterial Solution
- Wash Footwear
1. Use Baking Soda
Here, we need the most common ingredient from the kitchen!
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in warm water
- Soak your feet in the liquid for about half an hour.
- For maximum benefit, you can add bath salts to it. Bath salt is easily available in the market and helps to soften the skin and ease the muscles.
- Repeat it regularly!
2. The Magic Of Banana
Banana is a tropical fruit that boasts of a number of health benefits. It even helps to cure super-cracked feet without any hassle.
- Whip a ripe banana in a mixer
- Apply the paste evenly on your feet.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Try this remedy once in a week and achieve the desired result.
3. Daily Cleaning Regime
Following a strict regimen for cleaning the feet regularly is very important. It will prevent accumulation of dead skin as well as protect your skin from drying and peeling off. All you need to do is follow a simple procedure every night before sleeping.
- Just add a bit of salt in warm water
- Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes.
- Once you’re done, pat them dry, and follow it up with a good moisturizer.
- Wearing socks while sleeping will help to lock in the moisture.
4. Wonder Of Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great moisturizer, especially for dry skin.
- The easiest way is to dip a cotton ball into olive oil and apply it to the affected areas.
- Gently massage in circular motion and once you’re done with the massage,
- wear a pair of socks and let your skin absorb the oil. Rinse off your feet after an hour.
- For maximum benefit, leave oil on the skin overnight and rinse off the next morning.
5. Use Vinegar
- Prepare a warm soak at home by adding apple cider vinegar to it and treat the ugly and dry cracks on your heels!
- You can also add two drops of dish wash in the liquid for better results.
6. Try Peppermint Oil
Apply some peppermint oil on your cracked heels every day before going to bed.
The antiseptic properties present in the oil will not only kill germs and bacteria but will also prevent you from getting infections. It will also reduce the soreness.
It is one of the easiest home remedies to heal cracked feet.
7. DIY Scrub
Treat your dry and cracked heels with this simple homemade scrub.
- You can make this scrub by mixing oatmeal with lemon juice.
- Make a paste and apply on the affected heels for about 30 minutes
- Then rinse it off with cold water.
- You can also use jojoba oil or Vaseline instead of lemon juice.
8. Treat It With Honey
Honey has many healing properties and is an excellent product for skin.
- Add a cup of raw honey to in a bucketful of warm water.
- Soak your feet in that bucket.
- Repeat it every day for around 10 to 15 minutes and say bye-bye to the dryness.
9. Best Natural Moisturizer – Milk
- Prepare a warm foot soak by adding a cup of hot milk into it.
- Soak your feet in it for some time.
- Do this every day and you will soon love your soft feet!
10. Soak Feet In Lukewarm Water
- Once or twice a week, soak your feet in lukewarm water diluted with two tablespoons of sea salt for about 20 minutes.
- Then scrape off the dead cells with a mild foot scrub or pumice stone.
11. Treat Calluses
If you have the problem of calluses or cracked heels, then apply a heavyweight moisturizing cream after bath each day or at night before going to bed. Use a heavy layer of creams like Nivea or crack cream.
12. Clean The Dirt Using Cleaning Needle
- Take a dirt cleaning needle for feet or you can also use the opposite end of a blackhead remover to clean all the dirt from the sides of toenails, especially the thumbs.
- Be very careful not to prick inside your nails.
- You can also use the pointed end of a stainless steel nail buffer.
- Avoid rusted dirt cleaning needles and always use clean and stainless steel ones. This protects you from any fungal infections.
Word of Caution: Please do not use a sewing needle or safety pin for this.
13. Remove Hangnails
- Scrape and remove hangnails or dead hanging skin from the sides with the help of a cuticle remover.
- Just swipe carefully over the hanging skin in the opposite direction.
- You are not necessarily pushing the cuticles here. I personally do not prefer pushing cuticles back( that’s my choice), but I do scrape the hanging skins.
14. Trim Toenails Regularly
Trim toenails at least once every two weeks. Wearing long toenails isn’t very hygienic, stylish or even safe. If they get too long, dirt will accumulate in them. Besides, there is also a possibility of them breaking and coming off with live skin.
15. Buff Toenails
Buff toenails as and when you can. This is as important as buffing your fingernails. Don’t forget to buff and shine your toes nails as they need the same care like your fingernails.
16. Keep Feet Dry
If your feet sweat and give out a bad odor or you have to wear shoes to work which do not allow air to flow, dab on some talcum powder inside the shoes (if wearing shoes on bare feet) or puff on your feet’s underside (if wearing a sock). This will absorb the sweat and get rid of the stench as well. You can also rub two drops of pure sandalwood, lavender or chamomile oil on your feet before putting on your shoes
17. Apply Base Coat
If you do not have the habit of wearing polish on your toenails, try keeping a base coat on with a transparent top coat. This will give a healthy natural look to your toenails.
18. Cleanse Feet Using Antibacterial Solution
If you are someone who wears shoes or sandals for long hours, then you must occasionally soak your feet antibacterial liquid made by dropping four drops of antiseptic liquid into water. Follow this with cleansing your feet with an antibacterial soap.
19. Wash Footwear
Likewise, you can also wash your shoes with an antiseptic liquid. Later dry them under the sun.
Infographic: 5 Best Natural Care Tips For Flawless Feet
Taking care of your feet and toenails is just as important as your hand and fingernails. Having flawless and clean feet helps to prevent potential infections from dirt and dirty water. We have created a list of the top five best natural care tips for smooth feet which you can follow easily at home.
Check out the infographic below to know how you can make your feet look soft without any dryness or crack.
Our feet play an essential role in moving us around to different places. Lack of moisture, wrong footwear, and lack of care can result in cracked, hard, and tired feet. You can use ingredients from your pantry such as baking soda, honey, or peppermint oil to relax and soften your feet. Additionally, following proper personal hygiene and washing your shoes with antibacterial liquid can go a long way in keeping your feet clean and soft. We hope the tips on how to make your feet soft help!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I soften my feet fast?
Soaking your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and then exfoliating with pumice can help you get soft feet quickly.
Does Listerine soften feet?
Yes. You can use Listerine and vinegar in warm water to soak your feet and make them softer.
How can I make my feet softer overnight?
You can massage your feet with various moisturizing agents and cover them in socks overnight to get softer feet.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article. Share your comments in the box below!