Do you experience constant weakness or have you put on unwanted weight out of the blue? Do you notice an increase in mucus secretion? Is this affecting the quality of your life? These issues might be due to an imbalance in kapha dosha.
Kapha dosha is responsible for a wide range of functions taking place in the body. Any imbalance in the kapha dosha can cause changes in these functions and have a negative impact on your health. This article includes some of the best diet and prevention tips aimed at treating any imbalance that you may be facing in your kapha dosha.
Table Of Contents
- What Is Kapha Dosha?
- 5 Types Of Kapha Doshas
- Signs and Symptoms Of Kapha Dosha Imbalance
- Kapha Dosha Characteristics
- Kapha Dosha Diet
- Prevention Tips
What Is Kapha Dosha?
Doshas are the powerful forces known to create the physical body. They determine the conditions of growth, aging, health, and disease. According to Ayurveda, kapha is one of the three major elements present in a person’s body. The other two elements are vata and pitta.
Kapha is known to govern many structures and lubrication in one’s body and mind. It provides the cohesiveness needed for many varying forms. It also hydrates the cells, lubricates the joints, and helps in maintaining immunity by safeguarding the tissues.
Kapha dosha is classified into five types.
5 Types Of Kapha Dosha
- Avalambhaka Kapha: It is located in the chest and is responsible for the functions of nourishment and lubrication. This type of Kapha also influences the functioning of other Kapha types.
- Kledaka Kapha: It is situated in the stomach, and its main function is to moisten and digest hard foods.
- Tarpaka Kapha: It is situated in the head and nourishes the sensory organs.
- Bodhaka Kapha: This helps in perceiving different tastes and is located on the tongue.
- Shleshaka Kapha: This type is responsible for lubricating the joints of the bones and strengthening them. It is located in the bone joints.
Any imbalance in any of these kapha types can give rise to the following signs and symptoms in the affected individuals.
Signs and Symptoms Of Kapha Dosha Imbalance
Some of the signs of a kapha dosha imbalance are:
- Indigestion or weakened digestion
- Feeling cold
- Sleeping too much
- Excess mucus
- A white coat on the tongue
Individuals who have kapha dosha as their dominant element are the ones who are easily affected by kapha imbalances.
Kapha individuals tend to be loving and compassionate. A more detailed list of the characteristics of a kapha is provided below.
Kapha Dosha Characteristics
A kapha body is usually compact and solid. A few other characteristics of the kapha person are as follows.
- Wide body frame
- A moderate appetite
- Deep sleepers
- Large appealing eyes that may be blue or dark
- Glowing cool skin
- Thick hair that may be blonde or dark
- Overproduction of secretions like milk and mucus
- A pleasant voice
- Calm and polite
- Sweat moderately
- Good stamina
If a kapha person notices an increase in their imbalance symptoms, they might have to make moderate changes to their diet to treat and prevent recurrence of the imbalance. The following are some diet tips for individuals suffering from kapha dosha imbalance.
Kapha Dosha Diet
The kapha dosha diet includes foods like:
- Light fruits like apples and pears
- Grains like barley and millet
- All spices
- Vegetables except for tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
Kapha people must avoid the following foods:
- Fruits like oranges, pineapples, melons, and bananas
- Grains like rice and wheat
- Vegetables like zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes
It is best for the kapha individuals to take precautionary tips to prevent the imbalance from recurring. A few such tips are discussed right below.
- Drink hot teas regularly.
- Indulge in vigorous exercise.
- Keep the temperature around you warm.
- Avoid consuming oily and cold foods.
- Keep warm in cold weather.
- Go to bed early and wake up early.
If you do not pay heed to these diet and prevention tips, you will never be able to keep your kapha balanced for long. Hence, even if it takes a while to get accustomed to initially, be patient and stick to the tips and precautionary measures discussed in this post to treat an existing kapha imbalance and prevent its recurrence.
For any more queries about kapha imbalance, feel free to connect with us in the comments below.
- Here’s How You Can Observe Symptoms Of Pitta Dosha Imbalance In Your Body
- Ayurveda Says Eating These At Night Will Make You Healthy. Take A Look!
- Ayurvedic Treatment And Home Remedies To Treat Migraine
Latest posts by Shaheen Naser (see all)
- Helicobacter pylori Infection – Natural Treatments, Causes, Symptoms, And Diet Tips - February 14, 2019
- Natural Treatments For PUPPP Rash In Pregnancy + Causes And Prevention - February 9, 2019
- How To Deal With Paranoid Personality Disorder - February 8, 2019
- Natural Ways To Heal A Jammed Finger + Causes And Symptoms - January 30, 2019
- Natural Treatments For Sunburned Lips - January 29, 2019