Getting a tattoo is easy, but removing it is pretty tough. People with a permanent tattoo often change their mind and don’t like the tattoo that they had initially loved. Some people also want to remove a tattoo because their original tattoo has faded away or the ink has blurred. Whatever the reasons may be, it is now possible to reverse the unwanted effect and remove the tattoo completely.
How to Remove Tattoo?
1. Laser tattoo removal:
Laser removal is the most common method of tattoo removal. Today’s modern laser removal is capable of removing multi colour tattoos with minimal scarring. The laser treatment consists of breaking and lightening the ink in the tattoo which is then naturally absorbed through the body’s lymphatic system and results in fading of the tattoo.
Tattoo removal through laser treatment depends on a number of factors like the ink used, the amount of diverse colours used and the size of tattoo. The number of sessions required wary based on these reasons, the average sittings being 6 to 15. The therapist will first apply anaesthesia to the tattooed region before starting the sessions. Each session takes around 20 minutes.
Smaller tattoos are easier to remove and same is the case with older tattoos because it is relatively easy to break down the ink in both the cases. Black and green ink on light skinned people is easiest to remove in contrast to pastel and floral colours. Removing tattoo from chest and head area is very difficult. Simple tattoo can be removed within 2 to 3 sessions but removing complex tattoos require a series of treatments ranging from 15 to 20, spaced approximately 8 to 10 weeks.
[ Read: Aloe Vera gel ]
Side effects of laser tattoo removal:
Side effects of laser tattoo removal include hyper pigmentation of the skin, burning, pain, redness and swelling of the area. Other possible side effects includes infections or a permanent scar.
2. How to remove tattoo at home: Home remedies
There a lot of professional tattoo removal process but they can be expensive and extremely painful. Tattoo removal at home is the safest and cost effective way to get rid of a tattoo. This process will not get rid of the tattoo completely but it will lighten the tattoo to a great extent.
- Make a mixture using aloe Vera gel, apricot and Vitamin in equal proportion. Apply the mixture on tattoo and massage in circular motion. Then leave the mixture for some time and wash it off with cold water. Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times a day for around 4 weeks.
- Make a mixture of sand powder and aloe Vera gel. Apply it on the tattoo and rub gently with pumice stone. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day and you will see your tattoo fading.
- Wax paper method is especially for those who can tolerate harsh and painful techniques. Apply a wax paper on the tattoo followed by keeping a hot iron which will burn off the tattoo. The burn needs to be covered with bandages and has to be changed every half an hour. This method is very dangerous and risky and should be avoided.
[ Read: Tattoo Designs For Women ]
3. Tattoo removal cream:
Tattoo removal creams are the cheapest and least painful method to get the tattoo removed. Constant use of the home removal procedure and tattoo removal cream will give very good results. Tattoo removal cream should be applied regularly for 6 weeks, at least 2 to 3 times a day on the tattoo. These creams are quite expensive so you will need to keep the cost in mind while purchasing these from the markets and opt for the best cream available. This is definitely the least painful answer to how to remove tattoo from skin,
There is also a tattoo removal solution available in the market which contains 1% of hydroquinone. This chemical fades the tattoo on a long term basis since it contains bleach. You need to use an exfoliator or a cleanser to rub the tattoo with these.
[ Read: Laser tattoo removal ]
4. Other medical methods:
The other methods of tattoo removal are not so effective and are more painful than other methods mentioned here. These other methods include:
This method removes the topmost layer of the skin through abrasive friction.
- Sal abrasion:
A salt solution is rubbed on the skin and is heated and scraped away (ouch)
This is a deadly method where the skin over which the tattoo is inked is cut away and the skin in sewn together.
Both the methods are extremely painful and dangerous and results in severe scarring and is used in extreme cases only when laser treatments do not work.
[ Read: Amy Winehouse Tattoo Designs ]
These are the different answers to how to remove tattoo from body. Hope it helps. Do leave a comment.
Image Source: 1
Latest posts by Arshi Ahmed (see all)
- 20 Radical Styling Ideas For Your Red Ombre Hair - October 27, 2017
- 10 Best Neem Soap Brands You Can Try - September 29, 2014
- 50 Amazing Workout Hairstyles You Can Try - May 15, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits & Uses Of Tomato Soup - April 10, 2014
- 13 Easy Tomato Soup Recipes To Try At Home - April 10, 2014