Beauty trends come and go, but lately, matte lipsticks have been taking over our bag of makeup essentials. Hey, we are not complaining! Matte lipsticks deserve all the hype because they look absolutely glamorous. They are comfortable to wear, do not bleed or transfer easily, and make over-lining easier, which is perfect for that plump-and-fuller-lip look. However, removing your matte lipstick at the end of the day can be quite a daunting task because some formulas refuse to budge.
If rubbing your lips pink isn’t your idea of a good-quality makeup removal sesh, we have found a far more effective and gentler way of removing that stubborn matte lipstick. Read on to find out more.
How To Take Matte Lipstick Off Without Drying Out Your Lips
Spending forever on removing your matte lipstick is the last thing you would want to do after a tiring day. Moreover, if you change your mind about that wine-colored matte lipstick after you finish doing your makeup in the morning, you most definitely want to remove it without creating an absolute mess on your face. Here’s what you should do to avoid that mess and prevent your lips from chapping or cracking.
What You Need
- Cream or oil-based cleanser
Step-By-Step Tutorial With Pictures
Step 1: Use A Cream-Based Cleanser
Matte lipsticks are often very drying, and you can’t rely on water or a wet wipe to take off your lipstick. Instead, dip a Q-tip in a cream or an oil-based cleanser, apply it on your lips and let it sit for a few minutes.
Step 2: Wipe It Off
Use the clean side of the Q-tip to gently wipe off your lipstick. Q-tips are effective tools for removing your lipstick because they don’t smear or spread the color around your lips.
Step 3: Repeat One Last Time
If there’s any color left on your lips, repeat the same steps until it is completely gone.
And voila! You’ll be surprised how clean and moisturized your pout feels afterward.
There’s no denying that matte lipstick makes you feel like a million bucks. But, removing it can be quite a task. So, we have compiled a few tips and tricks to achieve this task with ease. Check them out!
Tips: The Best Ways To Gently Remove Matte Lipstick
(These Will Save You A Great Deal Of Time!)
- If you can’t find a makeup removing cleanser, apply a bit of Vaseline petroleum jelly to your lips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, take a warm washcloth and wipe your lips in gentle, circular motions. This method helps remove lipstick while moisturizing the skin underneath.
- You can also use coconut oil or olive oil to remove that stubborn lip color while nourishing your lips.
- Some matte lipsticks tend to stain your lips. Micellar cleansing water is a great way to get rid of lip stains as it is gentle and hydrating.
- If there are still some patches of color left on your lips after removing your matte lipstick, take a toothbrush and gently scrub them off. This will exfoliate your lips and remove any leftover lipstick residue. Always, always follow it up with a hydrating lip balm.
- Exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush or a gentle lip scrub before applying matte lipstick will prevent that awful cakey look.
- Applying a thin layer of lip balm before your matte or liquid matte lipstick will keep your lips smooth and hydrated through the day.
You don’t have to give up on matte lipsticks just because removing them can be a painstaking task. With the right techniques and products, you will find it’s actually quite easy (and good for the health of your lips!). How do you take lipstick off at the end of the day? Let us know in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- All You Need To Know About Matriarchy - March 29, 2019
- 35 Inspiring Leadership Quotes From Powerful Women - March 27, 2019
- 35 Powerful Women Empowerment Quotes To Inspire You - March 26, 2019
- What Is The Gender Pay Gap And Why Does It Matter? - March 20, 2019
- What Is Intersectional Feminism And Why Do We Need It? - March 19, 2019