If you want to know how to remove matte lipstick, we are here to help. Makeup trends keep changing, but the matte lipsticks are here to stay. It has become a must-have makeup item, and for a good reason. These lipsticks are mostly transfer-proof and do not bleed easily. Matte lipsticks make over-lining easier and offer a plumper and fuller lip look. However, removing these lipsticks can be really tricky task as their long-lasting formulas do not budge easily.
But rubbing your lips aggressively is not a solution. Instead, you need a more effective yet gentler way to remove matte lipstick. And we are here to discuss all about it. So, swipe up for all the details.
In This Article
How To Take Matte Lipstick Off Without Drying Out Your Lips
Spending forever on removing your matte lipstick is the last thing you would want to do after a tiring day. Moreover, if you change your mind about that wine-colored matte lipstick after you finish doing your makeup in the morning, you most definitely want to remove it without creating an absolute mess on your face. Here’s what you should do to avoid that mess and prevent your lips from chapping or cracking.
What You Need
- Cream or oil-based cleanser
Step-By-Step Tutorial With Pictures
Step 1: Use A Cream-Based Cleanser
Matte lipsticks are often very drying, and you can’t rely on water or a wet wipe to take off your lipstick. Instead, dip a Q-tip in a cream or an oil-based cleanser, apply it on your lips and let it sit for a few minutes.
Step 2: Wipe It Off
Use the clean side of the Q-tip to gently wipe off your lipstick. Q-tips are effective tools for removing your lipstick because they don’t smear or spread the color around your lips.
Step 3: Repeat One Last Time
If there’s any color left on your lips, repeat the same steps until it is completely gone.
And voila! You’ll be surprised how clean and moisturized your pout feels afterward.
There’s no denying that matte lipstick makes you feel like a million bucks. But, removing it can be quite a task. So, we have compiled a few tips and tricks to achieve this task with ease. Check them out!
Tips: The Best Ways To Gently Remove Matte Lipstick
(These Will Save You A Great Deal Of Time!)
- If you can’t find a makeup removing cleanser, apply a bit of Vaseline petroleum jelly to your lips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, take a warm washcloth and wipe your lips in gentle, circular motions. This method helps remove lipstick while moisturizing the skin underneath.
- You can also use coconut oil or olive oil to remove that stubborn lip color while nourishing your lips.
- Some matte lipsticks tend to stain your lips. Micellar cleansing water is a great way to get rid of lip stains as it is gentle and hydrating.
- If there are still some patches of color left on your lips after removing your matte lipstick, take a toothbrush and gently scrub them off. This will exfoliate your lips and remove any leftover lipstick residue. Always, always follow it up with a hydrating lip balm.
- Exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush or a gentle lip scrub before applying matte lipstick will prevent that awful cakey look.
- Applying a thin layer of lip balm before your matte or liquid matte lipstick will keep your lips smooth and hydrated through the day.
As much as matte lipsticks are all the rage today, taking them off at night can be a pain. They are not easy to remove, they leave stains on your lips, and you might even injure yourself if you are not careful. Lucky for you, we have easy hacks for all things makeup! So you do not have to give up on your favorite products because of inconveniences that have readily available solutions. In this article, we have detailed some tips on how to remove matte lipstick from your lips efficiently, with minimum effort. Try them out, and you will never have complaints with matte lipsticks again!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove matte lipstick from Maybelline?
It can be removed by using coconut or olive oil. You can also apply vaseline and leave it for a while and wipe it off.
Does rubbing alcohol remove matte lipstick?
No, do not apply rubbing alcohol over the lipstick. It may not work properly and may also aggravate irritation on the lips. Instead of using virgin coconut oil, olive oil can help remove matte lipstick.
- Matte lipsticks have become a must-have in every woman’s collection because they are long-lasting and give your lips a fuller and plumper look.
- You can use a cleanser and a Q-tip to remove matte lipstick without drying out your lips.
- You can also use a toothbrush to gently remove any remaining lipstick and follow it up with a lip balm to keep your lips hydrated.