If you want to know how to remove matte lipstick, we are here to help. Makeup trends keep changing, but the matte lipsticks are here to stay. It has become a must-have makeup item, and for a good reason. These lipsticks are mostly transfer-proof and do not bleed easily. Matte lipsticks make over-lining easier and offer a plumper and fuller lip look. However, removing these lipsticks can be a really tricky task as their long-lasting formulas do not budge easily.
But rubbing your lips aggressively is not a solution. Instead, you need a more effective yet gentler way to remove matte lipstick. There are various options available for removing matte lipstick, including using a lip makeup remover, petroleum jelly, cleansing oil, exfoliating scrub, or even a facial cleanser. These products can help you remove the lipstick without causing any damage or irritation to your lips. And we are here to discuss all about it. So, swipe up for all the details.
- Micellar Water: Micellar Water Apply some micellar water to a cotton pad and gently wipe your lips until the lipstick is completely cleared.
- Vaseline: Micellar Water Let it sit on your lips for a few seconds, then wipe with a warm, wet cloth.
- Makeup Wipes: Micellar Water Rub your lips with these wipes as they help break down makeup. People with eczema or rosacea should try and avoid these wipes as they may cause irritation.
In This Article
How To Take Matte Lipstick Off Without Drying Out Your Lips
Spending forever on removing your matte lipstick is the last thing you would want to do after a tiring day. Moreover, if you change your mind about that wine-colored matte lipstick after you finish doing your makeup in the morning, you most definitely want to remove it without creating an absolute mess on your face.
Poorva, a blogger, discusses a cost-effective alternative for makeup removal she uses: “When nothing worked, Vaseline came to the rescue! (i).” She adds, “I’d dab some Vaseline generously, let it remain for a while, and wipe. Repeat if required.”
Here’s what you should do to avoid that mess and prevent your lips from chapping or cracking.
What You Need
- Cream or oil-based cleanser
Step-By-Step Tutorial With Pictures
Step 1: Use A Cream-Based Cleanser
Matte lipsticks are often very drying, and you can’t rely on water or a wet wipe to take off your lipstick. Instead, dip a Q-tip in a cream or an oil-based cleanser, apply it on your lips and let it sit for a few minutes.
Step 2: Wipe It Off
Use the clean side of the Q-tip to gently wipe off your lipstick. Q-tips are effective tools for removing your lipstick because they don’t smear or spread the color around your lips.
Step 3: Repeat One Last Time
If there’s any color left on your lips, repeat the same steps until it is completely gone.
And voila! You’ll be surprised how clean and moisturized your pout feels afterward.
There’s no denying that matte lipstick makes you feel like a million bucks. But, removing it can be quite a task. So, we have compiled a few tips and tricks to achieve this task with ease. Check them out!
Tips: The Best Ways To Gently Remove Matte Lipstick
(These Will Save You A Great Deal Of Time!)
- If you can’t find a makeup removing cleanser, apply a bit of creamy balm to your lips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, take a warm washcloth and wipe your lips in gentle, circular motions. This method helps remove lipstick while moisturizing the skin underneath.
- You can also use coconut oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, or olive oil to remove that stubborn lip color while nourishing your lips.
- Some matte lipsticks tend to stain your lips. Micellar cleansing water is a great way to get rid of lip stains as it is gentle and hydrating.
- If there are still some patches of color left on your lips after removing your matte lipstick, take a toothbrush and gently scrub them off. This will exfoliate your lips and remove any leftover lipstick residue. Always, always follow it up with a hydrating lip balm.
- Exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush or a gentle lip scrub before applying matte lipstick will prevent that awful cakey look.
- Applying a thin layer of lip balm before your matte or liquid matte lipstick will keep your lips smooth and hydrated throughout the day.
Infographic: Top 5 Ways To Easily Remove Matte Lipstick
Matte lipsticks give your lips a fuller look. However, their long-lasting formulas make them a little tricky to remove. Instead of rubbing your lips harshly, we have rounded up 5 simple and gentle ways to remove matte lipstick in the infographic below. Check it out for more information!
As much as matte lipsticks are all the rage today, taking them off at night can be a pain. They are not easy to remove, they leave stains on your lips, and you might even injure yourself if you are not careful. Lucky for you, we have easy hacks for all things makeup! So you do not have to give up on your favorite products because of inconveniences that have readily available solutions. In this article, we have detailed some tips on how to remove matte lipstick from your lips efficiently, with minimum effort. You can try using makeup wipes, warm water, baby oil, witch hazel, cold cream, glycerin, or rosewater to remove matte lipsticks easily. Try them out, and you will never have complaints about matte lipsticks again!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove matte lipstick from Maybelline?
It can be removed by using coconut or olive oil. You can also apply a lip balm and leave it for a while and wipe it off.
Does rubbing alcohol remove matte lipstick?
No, do not apply rubbing alcohol over the lipstick. It may not work properly and may also aggravate irritation on the lips. Instead of using virgin coconut oil, olive oil can help remove matte lipstick.
How can one select products or tools for removing matte lipstick for their skin type and needs?
Makeup-removing products, such as micellar water, Vaseline, and natural oils are safe for all skin types, including sensitive ones. If you opt for a cleanser, check the ingredients and skin type it is best suitable for.
How can the type of makeup remover or cleanser used impact the effectiveness and ease of removing matte lipstick?
Viscous, creamy, and hydrating makeup-removing products, such as oils help dissolve your matte lipstick easily and prevent your lips from drying.
- Matte lipsticks have become a must-have in every woman’s collection because they are long-lasting and give your lips a fuller and plumper look.
- You can use a cleanser and a Q-tip to remove matte lipstick without drying out your lips.
- You can also use a toothbrush to gently remove any remaining lipstick and follow it up with a lip balm to keep your lips hydrated.
Learn to remove matte lipstick properly with this simple video. It also shows how you can take care of your lips and make them smooth. Check it out now!
Personal Experience: Source
i. Budget Beauty Diaries: 6 Cheap Alternatives to Makeup Removers