A lot has been said about castor oil for hair growth. But what many of us do not know is that Jamaican black castor oil is even better. The roasted black seeds are loaded with fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants that help reduce hair loss, roughness, and frizz.
If you are on the hunt for a natural ingredient to get thick, soft, and shiny locks, this wonder oil could be it. Here’s how to use Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth. Swipe up!
Table Of Contents
What Is Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Jamaican black castor oil (JBCO) is obtained from the Ricinus communis plant seeds or Jamaican castor beans. The seeds are roasted and cold-pressed to obtain the black castor oil, which is rich in ricinoleic acid. This oil has been used in Jamaica since ancient times for hair growth and treating dandruff, itchy scalp, muscle pain, and acne.
Let’s explore why JBCO is good for your hair in the next section.
How Jamaican Black Castor Oil Aids Hair Growth
Jamaican black castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants. It provides nutrients to the hair follicles and improves their vitality. This oil also helps moisturize rough, dry, damaged, and brittle hair.
Although there are no scientific studies to support it, this herbal solution for improving hair health passed down from generations certainly has some truth. Why else would it be so trusted?
If you have come across JBCO for the first time and don’t know how to use it, we can help. Scroll down to find out the various ways of using Jamaican black castor oil.
How To Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil For Hair Growth
1. Oil Massage
- Gently massage the oil onto your hair roots with your fingertips.
- Apply it to your hair strands.
- Leave it on overnight. Shampoo your hair the next day.
- Do this twice a week.
You Will Need
- 20 drops of JBCO
- Warm towel
- Shower cap
- Warm the JBCO.
- Use your fingertips to massage the warm oil onto your scalp and hair.
- Apply steam for 10 minutes. You can also wrap a warm towel around your head.
- Wear the shower cap and wait for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly.
3. Mix With Other Oils
JBCO, like regular castor oil, is quite thick, sticky, and vicious. You can dilute it with other hair and essential oils to prevent any stickiness.
You Will Need
- 10 drops of JBCO
- 2 drops of lavender essential or peppermint oils
- 6 drops of almond oil
- Mix the JBCO with the lavender essential/peppermint oil and almond oil.
- Massage this oil blend onto your scalp and hair.
- Wait for 30 minutes before washing.
4. Add To Hair Masks
Another way to incorporate JBCO to your hair care routine is by adding it to your hair masks.
You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons of JBCO
- Mix the JBCO with yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair for a dandruff-free scalp and soft and shiny hair.
- Wait for 30 minutes before washing your hair.
- Do this at once a week.
Note: You can also add JBCO to mashed avocado hair mask to revive dry, damaged hair.
You must be sure about the quality of the black castor oil to help the hair grow thicker. Here’s a list of the top 10 Jamaican black oils that are worth your investment.
Best JBCO Brands You Can Buy
*Check the review of these oils before buying.
Now the question is, what can Jamaican black castor oil do for your hair type, especially if you have curly or kinky hair. Let’s find out in the following section.
What JBCO Does For Wavy, Curly, And Kinky Hair Types
If you have wavy, curly, or kinky hair, it is probably more prone to breakage, damage, and tangles due to frequent use of relaxers and heat styling tools.
JBCO is extremely helpful in detangling the knots, strengthening the roots, and adding moisture to the hair. This oil keeps your hair healthy and prevents excessive hair shedding.
Before we come to a close, have a look at the benefits of using Jamaican black castor oil. Scroll down.
Benefits Of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Helps increase the blood circulation to the scalp. This, in turn, improves nutrient supply to the hair follicles.
- Deeply moisturizes the hair.
- Makes the hair soft and smooth.
- Helps reduce dandruff.
Jamaican black castor oil is a great choice to treat dry and damaged hair and induce hair growth. This natural treatment can improve your hair health and thicken your hair. If you want strong and smooth hair, besides taking care of your hair externally, you must also consume essential nutrients, exercise regularly, and get sound sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use Jamaican black castor oil for the eyelash, eyebrow, or beard?
Dip a spoolie into the Jamaican black castor oil. Comb your eyebrows and eyelashes to coat the hairs with the oil. Use a hair brush to apply the oil to your beard. Wait for 20 minutes before washing.
Note: Apply the oil only to the eyelash tips. Avoid direct contact with the eyes.
How often to use Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth?
Apply Jamaican black castor oil twice a week to stimulate hair growth.
How long does it take for Jamaican black castor oil to grow hair?
It will take about 3-4 months for Jamaican black castor oil to show visible results in terms of hair growth.
- How To Use Castor Oil For Hair Growth
- How To Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth
- Olive Oil To Stop Hair Loss And Improve Hair Growth
- What Is Black Seed Oil? How To Use Black Seed Oil (Kalonji) For Hair Growth And Baldness
Latest posts by Charushila B (see all)
- Should I Get A Divorce? Signs And Checklist To Confirm - May 2, 2021
- How To Get White Eyes With Makeup And Lifestyle - May 2, 2021
- How To Do Ombre Nails Easily At Home And 5 Design Ideas - April 26, 2021
- Lavender Oil For Beautiful, Thick Hair - April 26, 2021
- How To Apply Liquid Foundation With Brush, Sponge, And Fingers - April 25, 2021