101 Questions To Determine How Well You Know Your Partner
These questions will help you understand and learn about your partner better.
You know your partner best. It seems so, but how well do you really know your partner? Whether you have been together for a few months or several years, your relationship has stood the test of time. You might not know everything about your significant other, though. So whether you want to know more about your partner or test your understanding of them, we can help.
Let’s begin by saying that not knowing everything about your partner is fine. After all, certain conversations and situations take time to unfold. It is all good! Test the extent to which you understand your significant other with this quiz. The responses to these questions will help you determine how well you really know and understand your partner. If you don’t know the answer, you can ask them for more information! The questions on the list are about their beliefs, childhood, and favorite topics. There may be some serious and some playful questions. Let’s get started!
How Well Do You Know Your Partner?
A. Childhood And Family Questions
- What is your partner’s zodiac sign? Does he believe in astrology?
- What is his mother’s maiden name?
- How many siblings do his parents have? Can you name them?
- In what town/city did your guy grow up?
- What was the name of his primary school? Where was it located?
- What was his favorite dish as a kid?
- What did his parents do for a living?
- Does your partner have any nieces or nephews? If yes, how many? Can you name them?
- Is he more like his mom or dad?
- What was the worst trouble that your guy got into as a child? What was his punishment?
- What was his favorite subject in school?
- What was his least favorite subject? What did he dislike about it? Did he ever fail it?
- Has he ever performed on stage? If yes, what did he do? Was he scared?
- What were his hobbies in school? Was he boisterous or shy?
- Did he play any sports when growing up? What was he good at?
- Is he close to his extended family? Do they meet at family gatherings?
- Who is his oldest friend? Who were his best friends through the years?
- Did he ever repeat a grade in school?
- Is he close to his parents?
- Are his grandparents still alive? What are their names?
- Does he have any siblings? What are their names?
- Did he have a favorite teacher? What is his/her name, and what did he/she teach?
- What is his fondest childhood memory?
- What was his first pet? What was its name?
- What was his favorite cartoon show as a child?
- Is he religious? Is his family religious?
B. Travel And Activity Questions
- What are the three best places that he has been to? Would he love to visit again?
- Does he prefer to travel alone or in a group?
- Does he prefer to travel by plane, train, or car?
- Where would he go if he could get free tickets to anywhere in the world?
- How many countries has he traveled to? Did he travel alone?
- Has he ever gone camping? If yes, how old was he?
- Can he change the tire on a car?
C. Food Questions
- What is his favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is his favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
- What is his favorite thing to drink? Does he prefer Pepsi/Coke, Sprite or Orange Squash?
- Does he like vanilla or chocolate better?
- Does he prefer his coffee hot or iced? Or is he a tea person?
- Does he prefer spicy or bland foods?
- What is the name of his favorite restaurant?
- Does he drink alcohol? If yes, what is his favorite alcoholic drink?
- Does he prefer ice cream in a cup or a cone?
- Would he choose whipped cream or chocolate syrup on his ice cream?
- What would it be if he could have one food for the rest of his life?
- Does he like regular pizza or pineapple pizza?
- What is his favorite kind of cake? Chocolate, vanilla, pineapple…?
- What can he not eat? What is he allergic to?
- If he could have dinner with one person (whether dead or alive), who would that be?
- What is his favorite meal of the day?
- Has he ever snuck food into a movie theater? If yes, what was it?
- Does he like to cook? If yes, what is his most popular dish?
D. Relationships And Love Questions
- How old was he when he had his first kiss?
- What are the three things that he likes about you?
- Where did you both take your first picture together?
- What is the best gift that you ever gave him?
- How many girlfriends did he have before you both got together?
- Was he ever in a serious relationship before meeting you?
- How have things changed since you have gotten together?
- Between the two of you, who is better at making financial decisions?
- Does he get easily jealous?
- How and why did his last relationship end?
- What is that one thing about him that can make you weak in the knees?
E. Work Questions
- What does your partner love about his job?
- What does he hate about his job?
- Has he ever quit a job?
- When and what was his first job?
- Does he love what he does for a living?
F. Random Questions
- Does he know how to do his laundry?
- Has he ever been awake for 24 hours straight? What was he doing?
- Does he prefer cats or dogs?
- What is his favorite color?
- Does he prefer store-bought gifts, gift cards, or handmade presents?
- Would he rather do laundry or dishes?
- What is his favorite sports team? Who is his favorite sportsperson?
- What kind of music does he listen to?
- What kind of music does he loathe?
- Does he prefer reality television, sports, or news?
- Has he ever had surgery?
- Has he ever broken any bones? If yes, which one/ones?
- Would he rather watch a movie at home or in the theater? With friends or alone?
- Would he rather watch a horror movie or a comedy? Or a romantic sob fest?
- Does he believe in ghosts? Has he seen any?
- Is he organized or messy?
- Does he curse a lot?
- Does he like watching documentaries? Which is his favorite one?
- What is his least favorite household chore?
- What would he want his superpower to be if he was a superhero?
- What is the name of his favorite book?
- Has he ever dyed his hair a funky color? If yes, what color did he opt for?
- Has he ever been arrested? If yes, for what?
- Does he have any phobias? Is he afraid of insects?
- Did he vote in the last election?
- What is his dream car? What color does he want it to be?
- If he could learn a new language, what would it be?
- Does he want kids in the future? If so, how many?
- Does he still watch cartoons? If yes, which ones?
- Does he know how to swim? Where did he learn to do it?
- Does he have any birthmarks?
- Does he have any tattoos or piercings? If yes, what and where?
- Has he ever been to a bachelor party? What was the naughtiest thing he did there?
- Does he still have his wisdom teeth? If not, at what age did he get them removed?
Remember, it doesn’t matter if you can’t answer most of these questions! The important thing is it will allow you to start a conversation and get to know a lot more about him.
Having a heart-to-heart conversation will not just make your bond stronger but will also help you understand each other better. Also, you will get closer to his family and friends because you will get to know more about them and, eventually, build better relationships with them.
Infographic: More Questions To Determine How Well You Know Your Partner
While you may have been with your partner for months or years, there are still some things you may not know about them. Don’t worry, that is alright. We have compiled a list of some bonus questions that will help you determine how well you know your partner. Check out the infographic below to know more!
A few questions about childhood, family, preferences, likes, and dislikes can reveal a lot about your partner’s personality and give you a sneak peek into their life. Whether you have been together for decades and exhausted all topics of conversation or are still in the initial phases of getting acquainted with each other’s lives, we are sure the above list will have something new for you. It will help determine how well you know your partner and unravel new and exciting stories about them. So, why wait? Get the hot seat ready!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should couples know about each other?
Couples who wish to create a long-lasting relationship should know if they are emotionally, spiritually, sexually, physically, and ideologically compatible. They should also know that if they were to live together, will they be able to adjust to each other’s lifestyles and schedules.
How do I connect with my partner on a deeper level?
Knowing about each other’s personal histories and vulnerabilities, accepting each other despite that, and being willing to grow together will make you deeply connect with your partner.
What makes a man feel connected to a woman?
Men in our societies are used to not verbalizing their vulnerable thoughts and feelings. Women who can bring this out in them and show them love and appreciation by offering words of comfort, encouragement, and love make them feel connected to them.
How do you know if you have a real connection with someone?
When you know someone deeply, even the ugliest parts of them, and do not feel the urge to run, and they feel safe with you too, it is a significant sign of a real connection.
What triggers emotional attraction in a man?
Men wish to appear reliable, trustable, and dependable to those they care about. When someone openly trusts them, it can trigger an emotional response. If they are already physically attracted to this person, their emotional attraction will be stronger.
- Whether yours is a new relationship or one that has survived the test of time, you always want to know more about your partner.
- These questions can open up new conversations and help you understand each other better.
- You will also get to know his family and friends better and develop deeper bonds with them.
- Take turns in answering these questions – and be prepared to be surprised!