A loved one’s unkind actions can cut deep into your heart. Here are some hurt quotes packed with wisdom to ease your agony if you have been feeling low lately. Pain and hurt are difficult feelings to cope with. However, knowing that you are not alone in your despair can help you process your traumas. A few insights from leading figures can be useful in analyzing and managing these emotions.
This article provides you with some inspirational hurt quotes in English. So take a moment to browse through some of the best quotes to express emotional pain that we have collected for you. Scroll down!
In This Article
202 Hurt Quotes And Sayings About Being Hurt
Top Hurt Quotes
Sometimes sadness needs to be put in blunt words for its intensity to ebb away. These quotes can do that for you.
- “We’re getting hurt, but I’m a long-term investor.” – Al-Waleed bin Talal
- “The pain of yesterday is the strength of today.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The worst loss you’ve ever experienced is the greatest gift you can have.” – Byron Katie
- “That’s the funny thing about old hurts―they just wait for new heartache to come along and then show up, just as sharp and horrible as the first day you woke up with the world changed all around you.” – Lilith Saintcrow
- “A man is not hurt so much by what happens, as by his opinion of what happens.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “I don’t like to hold back, because that’s how you hurt yourself.” – Chester Bennington
- “If they keep hurting you, love them, and stay or love yourself and leave.” – Sonya Parker
- “It hurts because it matters.” – John Green
- “Disappointment hurts more than pain.” – Unknown
- “We hurt so much because we have lost a part of ourselves. If we have loved much, we must have given much also, and when everything’s over, we feel as though we have lost everything.” – Jocelyn Soriano
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “One is never wounded by the love one gives, only by the love one expects.” – Marty Rubin
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
- “Nothing else wounds so deeply and irreparably. Nothing else robs us of hope so much as being unloved by one we love.” – Clive Barker
- “You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.” – J.K Rowling
- “Because even the smallest of words can be the ones to hurt you, or save you.”– Natsuki Takaya
- “Did I really want to stay on this road longer, knowing it was only going to end in devastation?” – Becca Fitzpatrick
- “Is it better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?” – Jennifer E. Smith
- “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Take it from me: If you hear the past speaking to you, feel it tugging up your back and running its fingers up your spine, the best thing to do, the only thing-is run.” – Lauren Oliver
- “I still own my heart, which I know because it hurts so much.” – Emilie Autumn
- “Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” – Wallace Stegner
- “The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “I couldn’t stand here, hanging on, when the very thing I held disappeared more with each passing day.” –Becca Fitzpatrick
- “Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you, because it will.” –Cheryl Strayed
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “When someone stabs you it’s not your fault that you feel pain.” –Louise Penny
- “It was the moment I realized what music can do to people, how it can make you hurt and feel so good all at once.” – Nina LaCour
- “You’ll stop hurting when you stop hoping.” – Guillaume Musso
Hurt Quotes For Self
Often, we hurt ourselves more than anyone else could, by being unkind to ourselves. Assess the damage, process the grief, but also acknowledge that you did what you could at the time and the rest was not in your hands. Listed below are some quotes about being hurt that will help you heal yourself.
- “The surest way to hurt yourself is to give up on love, just because it didn’t work out the first time.” – Amanda Howells
- “People who stop laughing are always the ones who get hurt.” – Josh Sundquist
- “When an emotional injury takes place, the body begins a process as natural as the healing of a physical wound. Let the process happen. Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass, and, when it passes, you will be stronger, happier, and more sensitive and aware.” – Mel Colgrove
- “If you’re in trouble, or hurt or need – go to the poor people. They’re the only ones that’ll help – the only ones.” – John Steinbeck
- “As one grows weaker, one is less susceptible to suffering. There is less hurt because there is less to hurt.” – Jack London
- “If we aren’t capable of being hurt, we aren’t capable of feeling joy.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.” – Antoine de Saint
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “The difference between friendship and love is how much you can hurt each other.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
- “It is not the pain. It’s who it came from.” – Drishti Bablani
- “I have never been hurt by what I have not said.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “I’ve never been in a place where winning has hurt the ability to do anything.” – Rahm Emanuel
- “Nothing doth more hurt in a state than that cunning men pass for wise.” – Francis Bacon
- “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” – George R. R. Martin
- “The problem to me is violence. It’s not cool to kill somebody or hurt people.” – Mark Ruffalo
- “A man can sleep on every hurt but his own.” – Irish Proverb
- “I love you. “Is not enough to make up for the pain that never heals and starts again at the slightest word.” – James Hilton
- “Never take that person back in life who left you.” – Garima Soni
- “Nobody ever wanted to get hurt. But it still happened didn’t it? No matter how careful you were, no matter how smart your puns. It happened all the time.” – Melinda Braun
- “I can’t know how you’ve been hurt, but using your hurt to believe the wrong things ain’t good either.” – Pepper Basham
- “With extreme pain, comes extreme power to build back your world.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Your scars are battle wounds, but you don’t see them that way. Yet.” – Tammara Webber
- “Hurt is a part of life. To be honest, I think hurt is a part of happiness, that our definition of happiness has gotten very narrow lately, very nervous, a little afraid of this brawling, fabulous, unpredictable world.” – Julian Gough
- “What do you say when you feel your life is taken right from your chest, even though I miraculously find myself still breathing?” – Jason F. Wright
- “Kinda pointless to fight for what you want when what you want continues to break your heart.” – Molly McAdams
- “Accidents happen. Our bones shatter, our skin splits, our hearts break. We burn, we drown, we stay alive.” – Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- “Bitter people are not interested in what you say, but what you hide.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “My pride shut me up, my hurt shut me down, and together they ganged up on my hope and let her get away.” –David Levithan
- “What a person did when they were in pain said a lot about them.” – Veronica Roth
- “Isn’t it always the things that you can’t see that hurt you?” – Katie McGarry
- “But everyone has some kind of power to hurt people.” – Kristin Cashore
Love And Hurt Quotes
Love and hurt often go hand in hand. The quotes below put your woes into words and perspective so you may see beyond emotions that cloud your judgment.
- “Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “If a friend hurts you, run to your wife.” – Ethiopian Proverb
- “If you love large, you’ve got to hurt large. If you’ve got a lot of light, you’ve probably got an equal amount of darkness.” – Sarah McLachlan
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Forgive those who have hurt you.” – Les Brown
- “There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “True pain cannot be concealed.” – Serbian Proverb
- “The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.” – Tammara Webber
- “Don’t hurt my feelings anymore. I left you my roses and you gave me your thorns.” – Godwin Delali Adadzie
- “It is when we hurt that we learn.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Do you know the feeling, when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping? – Lady Gaga
- “Don’t lock yourself away from those who care about you because you think you’ll hurt them or they’ll hurt you. What point is there in being human if you don’t let yourself feel anything?” – Sabaa Tahir
- “Being hurt by someone you truly care about leaves a hole in your heart that only love can fill.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Love means exposing yourself to the pains of being hurt, deeply hurt by someone you trust.” – Renita Weems
- “Don’t chase after the people that hurt you. Replace them with people that care.” – Kaoru Shinmon
- “When a girl gives up, it’s not because she doesn’t love you. But she’s tired of getting hurt and feels like you’ll never care.” – Justice Cabral
- “To heal a wound, you must stop scratching it.” – Paulo Coelho
- “I’m not really sure why. But…do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so. That’s what makes the betrayal hurt so much – pain, frustration, anger.. and I still loved her. I still do.” – Brandon Sanderson
- “I don’t think I have ever tried to create things to encourage people to hurt others, or themselves.” – Marilyn Manson
- “With love, you should go ahead and take the risk of getting hurt because love is an amazing feeling.” – Britney Spears
- “You don’t stop loving someone just because they hurt you. It would certainly make things easier if you did.” – Brandon Sanderson
- “He knew what it was like to love one who did not–or could not–love you back. But he’d had no choice. None of them did.” –Melissa de la Cruz
- “Time doesn’t heal all wounds, only distance can lessen the sting of them.” – Shannon Alder
- “The good news is you survived. The bad news is you’re hurt and no one can heal you but yourself.” – Clementine von Radics
- “You said you love me, how could words be so empty” – Nomzamo Nhlumayo
- “I felt that thread that had come between us, tugging, tugging at my heart—so hard, it hurt me.” – Sarah Waters
- “The moment you realize your eyes hurt not because of rubbing them, but because of the tears you wasted, on him.” – A. Kamalei
- “As long as it still hurts, it isn’t love yet.” – Silvia Hartmann
- “People who love someone who doesn’t love them back are brave but that bravery gives them only hurt.” – Garima Soni
- “Love is wisdom, no such thing as being a fool for it.” – Zara Hairston
- “You know it’s the people who we love the most who can hurt us the most.” – Cassandra Clare
- “He might not want to hurt me, but that doesn’t mean he won’t.” – Holly Black
- “Our memories are lodged in my mind like pieces of broken glass that hurt when I breathe.” – P.S. Scott
- “Few things burned men as much as the cold side of a woman that was once warm.” – Karl Kristian Flores
- “But look how we broke each other in the end. Who could have killed me better than you?” – Eloghosa Osunde
- “Love doesn’t hurt, what hurts is the lack of love.” – Augusto Branco
- “This fight is between two people whose love for each other is tangled in barb wires.” – Alessa Kelly
- “You kept me like a secret, but I kept you like an oath.” – Taylor Swift
- “Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde
- “When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.” – Dennis Quaid
Saddest Hurt Quotes
Sometimes, even these ‘it hurts’ quotes may not be enough to quench your feelings. Here are some ‘extremely sad hurt’ quotes that spell stories of your pain and deep emotions.
- “You can’t hurt me the way you think you can. But even if you could? I would rather die with the taste of you on my tongue than live and never touch you again. I’m in love with you, Mara. I love you. No matter what you do.” – Michelle Hodkin
- “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.” – Tabitha Suzuma
- “Depression is nourished by a lifetime of ungrieved and unforgiven hurts.” – Penelope Sweet
- “A void in my chest was beginning to fill with anger. Quiet, defeated anger that guaranteed me the right to my hurt, that believed no one could possibly understand that hurt.” – Rachel Sontag
- “In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show.” – Janet Fitch
- “What hurts us is what heals us.” – Paulo Coelho
- “That is the rule of the Wilds: You must be bigger and stronger and tougher. You must hurt or be hurt.” – Lauren Oliver
- “Why is there ever this perverse cruelty in humankind, that makes us hurt most those we love best?” – Jacqueline Carey
- “Pain is always emotional. Fear and depression keep constant company with chronic hurting.” – Siri Hustvedt
- “Knowingly we don’t have time to help and love people but unknowingly we always manage to have time to hurt them.” – Sushan R. Sharma
- “Being broken-hearted is like having broken ribs. On the outside it looks like nothing’s wrong, but every breath hurts.” – Greg Behrendt
- “Pain is only bearable if we know it will end, not if we deny it exists.” – Victor Frankl
- “When you hold a grudge, you want someone else’s sorrow to reflect your level of hurt but the two rarely meet.” – Steve Maraboli
- “What you don’t know won’t hurt you. A dubious maxim: sometimes what you don’t know can hurt you very much.” – Margaret Atwood
- “Hurt is a bruise on the outside. Harm is a bruise on the inside.” – Tiffany Reisz
- “Universe, not again. You can’t cause another tragedy in my life.” – Sharon Carter
- “This mind that bloomed roses from arsenic looks pretty to you and everyone else who doesn’t live in it.” – Ramayana Roxas
- “Most marks people leave are just scars” – John Green
- “Well-chosen words create pain that lasts longer than a flogging.” – L.E. Modesitt Jr.
- “It will probably leave a scar. But so does everything.” – Deirdre Sullivan
- “Pain lets me see the hurt inside.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day.” – Markus Zusak
- “One thing you can’t hide — is when you’re crippled inside.” – John Lennon
- “You see, I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.” – Scott Fitzgerald
- “Was it my idea to have him hurt me, or did he just let me think it was?” – Eliza Clark
- “Hurt’s a reason to change, but all the hurt in the world don’t change facts. You have been selfish.” – Stephen King
Inspirational Hurt Quotes
Not all afflictions have to be expressed in the form of quotes about hurt feelings. Here are some inspirational quotes on being hurt that will show you that there is always a way forward despite the harm.
- “Sometimes, being hurt too many times, doesn’t make you stronger, it destroy who you were, who you wanted to be and makes who you are today.” – Rafael Prado
- “I’m scared of things that I can’t see that can hurt me, you know.” – Andy Ruiz Jr.
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “All conflict can be traced back to someone’s feelings getting hurt, don’t you think?” – Liane Moriarty
- “The medicine that hurts the most is generally the best healer.” – Scottish Proverb
- “If it hurts, it’s probably doing you good. If it’s pleasant, it’s most likely wrong.” – John Graves
- “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” – John Green
- “To hurt is as human as to breathe.” – J. K. Rowling
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
- “You are not a victim. No matter what you have been through, you’re still here. You may have been challenged, hurt, betrayed, beaten, and discouraged, but nothing has defeated you. You are still here! You have been delayed but not denied. You are not a victim, you are a victor. You have a history of victory.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I can feel the hurt. There’s something good about it. Mostly it makes me stop remembering.” – Albert Borris
- “The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.” – Rumi
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Those who really love you don’t mean to hurt you and if they do, you can’t see it in their eyes but it hurts them too.” – Holly Black
- “From hurt comes pain, from pain comes change. If it hurts enough, change will happen.” – Tripp Evans
- “If someone really wants to hurt you, they’ll find a way whatever. I don’t want to live my life worrying about it.” – George Michael
- “It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time.” – Willie Nelson
- “We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.” – Seneca
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” – Henry Rollins
- “The past does not define me, it ignites me. The past is not a piece of me, it has placed me” – Ricky Maye
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain and respect your pain — in time you will move through your pain.” – Bryant McGill
- “Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.” – Conrad Joseph
- “I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent.” – Susanna Kaysen
- “Work like you don’t need the money. Dance like no one is watching. And love like you’ve never been hurt.” – Mark Twain
- “Our spirit is mightier than the filth of our memories.” – Melina Marchetta
- “I decide this is just A Bad Day. We all get them, because grief doesn’t care how many years it’s been.” – Sara Barnard
- “Power up from that pain to conquer the next summit of your life.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Live and you’ll be hurt, be hurt and you’ll learn to live.” – Abhijit Naskar
- ”No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.” – William Penn
- “Let your pain be so deep and wide that rivers of good fortune start flowing towards it.” – Shunya
- No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
- “They can hurt you, but they can only break you if you let them.” – J.W. Lynne
- ”Pain nourishes courage. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- ”You never know how strong you are… until being strong is the only choice you have.” –Cayla Mills
- ”It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up again.” – Vince Lombardi
- ”There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” – Carl Jung
Feelings Hurt Quotes
Here are some quotes on being hurt that can help you express your honest feelings to your loved ones.
- “The meaning of good and bad, of better and worse, is simply helping or hurting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Of what use is a philosopher who doesn’t hurt anybody’s feelings?” – Diogenes
- “The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren’t the ones people see on the outside. They’re the ones that make us bleed internally.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “When you are dressing a wound, pain is pain’s medicine.” – Roman Proverb
- “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” ― Louis C.K.
- “Something else is hurting you – that’s why you need pot or whiskey, or whips and rubber suits, or screaming music turned so fucking loud you can’t think.” – Charles Bukowski
- “You may be hurt if you love too much, but you will live in misery if you love too little.” – Napoleon Hill
- “There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Just because one person’s problem is less traumatic than another’s doesn’t mean they’re required to hurt less.” – J. A. Redmerski
- “That old saying, how you always hurt the one you love, well, it works both ways.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “And maybe that was love. Being so vulnerable and allowing someone else in so far they could hurt you, but they also give you everything.” – Christine Feehan
- “It’s a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you’re hurt.” – Zakiya Caswell
- “The deepest wounds aren’t the ones we get from other people hurting us. They are the wounds we give ourselves when we hurt other people.” – Isobelle Carmody
- “You decide for yourself when it will hurt.” – Per Petterson
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
- “Sometimes even stuff you expect to happen can still hurt.” – Jennifer Brown
- “’Tis easier to hurt than heal.” – German proverb
- “Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break hearts.” –Tim Minchin
- “The words that we say last but a moment, yet the impact of those words knows no moment.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
- ”All pain is either severe or slight, if slight, it is easily endured; if severe, it will without doubt be brief.” – Cicero
- ”Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because life’s greatest lessons are learned through pain.” – Nagato
- “A rose, isn’t quite as beautiful as it once was, when after its thorn pricks you.” – Anthony Liccione
- “Hurt is worse than anger, you know. Anger dwells in the head, then fades. Hurt lingers in the soul. It rearranges your feelings without your permission. It blinds you.” – Daniel Black
- “We are fragile beings, yet we often act as though we couldn’t be hurt, and as though we couldn’t hurt other people.” – Jocelyn Soriano
- “Wouldn’t it be nice if we could get rid of hurtful feelings and memories the same way we so easily send a bad picture sailing into our computer’s trash can?” –Liz Fenton
- “In life, there are wounds that like leprosy slowly eat away at the soul in solitude.” – Bae Suah
- “Sometimes, it is not the memories that remain that hurt the worst. It is the ones you know you have already forgot.” – Kimberly Marie
- “They were little things, but it was always the little things that rubbed a person raw. That hurt the most.” – Molly Fader
- “Smiles sometimes are just a disguise of the so much pains and hurts the heart is hiding” – Oma Akuma
- “Stand firm, speak up—because silence is not golden, instead, it is deadly.” – Charlena E. Jackson
- “Intentions aside, we’re all capable of hurting people.” – Melanie A. Smith
- “No one has the patent on human suffering. People hurt in different ways and for different reasons.” – Pat Conroy
- “You must know the width of the knife and how it ruined you, name the organs it kissed.” – Olivia Gatwood
Infographic: Quirky Ways To Heal A Hurting Heart
Expert advice all over the internet gives you practical tips on dealing with a hurting heart. However, when we are hurt, we don’t really want to see the practicality in things. So, why not try some unconventional methods to focus on having fun rather than wallowing in self-pity?
Check out the infographic below for some quirky, non-toxic ways to deal with pain.
These hurt quotes will provide your heart with the solace it needs in difficult times. This compilation of reassuring words is the pearls of wisdom from great people from every walk of life. Take a note from their experiences and fill your aching heart with wisdom. You can ease your pain and gather inner strength by reading these quotes. You need to reflect deeply and discover how to work through your sentiments so you can move forward. Remember, the brightest rainbow only comes after the fiercest storm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when you are hurt by someone you love?
Often, people we are close to hurt us unwittingly. If you have been hurt by someone you love, the best way to move forward is to politely confront them and let them know that you do not appreciate their behavior or what they said. They would apologize and try not to repeat it if it were a mistake. However, if they do not stop, it is probably because they do not intend to. If that is the case, keeping a safe distance from them is better.
How do you tell someone that you’re hurt?
It might be easier said than done, but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt and open up to them. When you are hurt and dealing with disturbing feelings, sharing it with someone always makes you feel better and valued. It feels like a burden was lifted off your chest. When you want to share these feelings with someone, make sure if they are in the mental space themselves to hear you out. Do not expect any help; just be grateful for their time and attention. If they care for you, they will not judge you and try their best to understand.
How do you overcome the pain of a death?
Death is an irreversible loss and hence, the pain one experiences due to bereavement, never really goes away. Over time, the pain may shift to an obscure corner of your heart but it may make itself known unexpectedly. You can only come to terms with a death by acknowledging its permanence, and one way to do that is to allow yourself the liberty of mourning for your loss.
What is it about hurt quotes that make them so relatable and universally understood?
Most people tend to dwell more on their pain than their joys. However, they refrain from sharing these sentiments for fear of coming across as vulnerable. Hurt quotes are genuine and raw statements that have been expressed by real people. Those who cannot open up to others, find comfort in these words as they make them feel seen and heard.
How can hurt quotes help us heal and move on from painful experiences?
Hurt quotes can dull the feeling of loneliness during despair. Knowing that someone else from another space and time has felt similarly, reassures us that we are not alone in feeling such pain. However, how fast we heal and move on from pain completely depends on our will to do so.
What are some of the most powerful hurt quotes that can speak to the depths of our pain?
Everyone processes pain differently, therefore the depth of pain from similar experiences may vary from person to person. However, some quotes that do a good job of expressing deep pain are:
• “Depression is nourished by a lifetime of ungrieved and unforgiven hurts.”
• “It is not the pain. It’s who it came from.”
• “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
Can hurt quotes inspire us to find strength and resilience in the face of adversity?
Yes, hurt quotes may inspire us to find strength in our darkest times. There is hope in knowing that someone else has felt a similar pain and lived to tell the tale. If others were able to go through it, survive, and look back on it with acceptance and gratitude, it gives us hope that we can too.
What are some common themes in hurt quotes, and how do they reflect our shared experiences of pain and suffering?
Though people can get hurt in several ways, some common themes we find in hurt quotes are breakups, death, loneliness, and rejection.
Can hurt quotes be a form of therapy for those who are struggling with emotional pain?
Yes, hurt quotes can help in therapy. Reading hurt quotes or writing one’s own can help people put their emotional pain into perspective. When pain is just a massive ball of chaos inside the head, it is harder to process. But when condensed into words, it is easier to understand it and gradually come to terms with it.
What are some of the most effective ways to share hurt quotes with loved ones who are hurting?
Sharing hurt quotes may not be the most effective way to show solidarity in every scenario. However, it can let another person know that you are trying to understand what they are going through. You need not share the quotes with any pomp and circumstance. Just sending it as a text message will do. Additionally, be generous with your time, patience, understanding, and hugs to let your hurting loved ones know that they have you to rely on.
Being hurt by someone close to you can be devastatingly heartbreaking. Check out this video for 12 relatable quotes about this experience to help you through.