Think you found the ‘perfect’ shade of makeup at the store, only to find out later it’s not really your shade? How many times have you put on your foundation in a rush, only to realize that it’s too light for your skin tone? While most foundations may look like a perfect match for your skin tone, sometimes, applying it on the entire face may present a very different picture.
So, if you’ve faced this problem too, here are a few tips on how to fix light foundation.
How To Make Your Foundation Darker?
Following 8 are the wonderful tips to fix the light foundation problem.
1. Mix In Bronzer – Especially Good For Skin With Brown Undertones:
2. Blend With A Darker Shade Of Foundation:
3. For Those With Yellow Skin Undertones – Turmeric:
[ Read: 10 Amazing Turmeric Face Packs ]
4. For Those With Pink Skin Undertones – Blush:
5. Add Concealer:
If you have a concealer that’s a little darker than your too-light foundation, you can blend it in with the same to get a custom-made foundation tone. Remember to always try out the blending bit-by-bit, as using too much can end up making the foundation look too-dark for your skin tone.
[ Read: How To Use Concealer As Foundation? ]
6. Blend With Tinted Moisturizer:
If you have a tinted moisturizer at home, or maybe even a BB cream, try blending it in with your too-light foundation. The tinted moisturizer or BB cream will most likely be a perfect match for your skin tone, so mixing it with your too-light foundation will make it darker and help to bring it to a shade that’s more near your own skin colour.
7. Face Powder:
Your face powder is also a great darkening agent for your too-light foundation. Using a darker face powder over your too-light foundation is a great option to help darken the foundation and make it work for you better.
8. Save It For The Winters:
Sometimes, our skin tone may vary depending on the season. While summers are harsh and extreme, especially in India, winters are cold and dry. This makes the skin look tanned and darker in the summers and dry and whitish-than-other-times in winters. Using your too-light foundation in the winters is a good idea as it will tend to match better on the skin tone.
[ Read: How To Fix Too Dark Foundation? ]
- Top 10 Best Waterproof Foundations in India
- Best Foundations For Oily Skin
- Best Cream Based Foundations You Should Definitely Try
- How To Apply Liquid Foundation? – Step by Step Tutorial With Pictures
- 10 Best Mousse Foundations
Latest posts by Debolina Raja Gupta (see all)
- Best Body Care Tips – Our Top 10 - July 22, 2013
- Best Lip Tints Available In India – Our Top 7 - July 19, 2013
- Best Cleanser For Dry Skin Available In India – Our Top 10 - July 17, 2013
- Hair Serums – What Are They & Why To Use Them? - July 17, 2013
- 50 Formal Hairstyles For Girls! - July 16, 2013