If you are looking for some jokes to tell your friends, you are on the right page. We have all forgotten a punchline in the middle of a joke or cracked a bad one. But that’s no reason to be embarrassed. There are times when you need to quickly lighten up the mood or impress someone with your sense of humor. And some witty, punny (if that’s even a word), and sarcastic jokes always come in handy in these situations. What’s more! Laughter can strengthen your bonds and help you deepen your connections with your friends and acquaintances. So, we are here to help you with cracking a good joke or two. Here’s a list of 201 jokes that will trigger some giggles among your friend circle. Swipe up.
In This Article
Good Jokes To Tell Your Friends
Here are some funny jokes to tell your close ones for a good laugh. Remember some of them so that the next time your friend asks, ‘Tell me a funny joke’ you have a couple of them ready at your fingertips!
- What do dentists call their X-rays? Tooth pics!
- Why did the melon jump into the lake? It wanted to be a watermelon.
- Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9!
- Grandma: Back in our days, you could buy bread, milk, soaps, spices, eggs, meat, all for a dollar.
Little Kid: You can’t do that now. They have CCTVs everywhere!
- When your teacher asks “Where’s your homework?” It took a sick day. It had too many problems.
- You can’t trust atoms. They make up everything!
- Why won’t it hurt if you hit your friend with a 2-liter of soda? Because it’s a soft drink!
- Why did the mushrooms get invited to all the best parties? He was a fun-gi!
- What has four wheels and flies? Garbage truck.
- I got fired from my job at the bank today. An old lady came in and asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over.
- What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter? An irrelephant.
- Dad, can you put my shoes on? No, I don’t think they’ll fit me.
- Why do you smear peanut butter on the road? To go with the traffic jam.
- Where did Napoleon keep his armies? In his sleevies.
- Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards? He was just going through a stage.
- What kind of music do the mummies listen to? Wrap music.
- The broom was late today because it overswept last night!
- What happens if a seagull flies over the bay? It will become a bagel (Bay-gull)!
- What caused the bicycle to collapse? Because it was two tired.
- What does a sea monster snack on? Fish and ships.
- What music do planets like to listen to? Neptunes.
- What lights up a stadium? A match.
- Why do cemeteries have gates? Because people are dying to get in.
- How do you think the barber won the race? He took a shortcut.
- Two monkeys share an Amazon account. What do you call them? Prime mates!
- Why do they not play poker in the jungle? There are too many cheetahs.
- Which tea is hard to swallow? Reality.
- What is the easiest way to burn 1000 calories? Leave the pizza in the oven.
- The ball kept getting bigger and bigger. I was wondering why, and then it hit me.
Check out some dumb, silly jokes in our next section, and reward your friend with some gratifying laughter. Scroll down.
Dumb Jokes To Tell Your Friends
Here are some good jokes to tell your friends and family. Crack these random jokes to make people laugh unabashedly.
- Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut? He just needed a little space.
- Did you hear about the guy who stole a calendar? He got 12 months; they say his days are numbered.
- I used to be addicted to soap, but I’m clean now.
- There are two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
- What’s the best part about living in Switzerland? Not sure, but the flag is a big plus.
- Why did the dog cross the road? To get to the barking lot!
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear.
- A nurse told me, “Sorry for the wait!” I replied, “It’s alright, I’m patient.”
- Working in a mirror factory is something I could totally see myself doing.
- I’m terrified of elevators, so I’m going to start taking steps to avoid them.
- Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers? He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
- Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrr!
- Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar. “Get out of here!”, shouts the bartender. “We don’t serve your type.”
- Can February March? No, but April May!
- What do you call a cold dog? A chili dog!
- What is Harry Potter’s favorite method of getting downhill? JK Rolling.
- I had a construction joke to crack. But cannot do it now as it is still a ‘work in progress’.
- What is a fake spaghetti called? An im-pasta.
- What is the term used for birds that stick together? Vel-crows.
- Why is that picture in jail? Because it was framed.
- What do you call a sleeping dinosaur? Dino snore.
- How do you prepare holy water? By boiling the hell out of it.
- What starts and ends with “E” and has a letter in it? Envelope.
- This thing runs around the yard but doesn’t move. What is it? The fence.
- What did one wall say to the other? Meet you at the corner.
- Why did the dinosaur cross the road? Because chickens weren’t evolved then.
- What did the frog order at the cafe? French flies.
- Which key opens a banana? Mon-key.
- How to make an Apple Upside Down? Push it down the hill.
Funny Jokes To Tell Your Friends At School
If you are wondering which jokes to say during school hours, look no further!
- Why was the torch happy? It was lit.
- What gets more wet the more it dries? A towel!
- Why did the banana go to the doctor? Because it did not peel well.
- Why should you never trust stairs? They’re always up to something.
- Hear about the new restaurant called Karma? There’s no menu: You get what you deserve.
- A bear walks into a bar and says, “Give me a whiskey and … cola.”
“Why the big pause?”, asks the bartender. The bear shrugged. “I’m not sure; I was born with them.”
- What did one ocean say to the other ocean? Nothing, they just waved.
- Why were the parents so afraid of the energy drink? It was a Monster!
- What kind of shorts do clouds wear? Thunder pants
- Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards? He was just going through a stage.
- What do pampered cows produce? Spoiled milk.
- Why did the cat run away from the tree? It was afraid of the bark! Its bark scared him?
- What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator
- What does a house wear? Address!
- How do you fix a broken tomato? Tomato paste!
- The ketchup blushed at the table. Why? It saw the salad dressing.
- What do you call a can opener that doesn’t open? A can’t opener!
- What is a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary called? Thesaurus.
- Why is the obtuse triangle always frustrated? Do whatever; it is never right.
- What do you call two math-loving guys? Algebros.
- Who should you never trust a person writing on graph paper? He is plotting something.
- A number that can’t stay in place. Roamin numeral.
- Why is the mathematics book sad? It had too many problems.
- Why was the fraction worried about marrying the decimal? Because it had to convert.
- A math teacher had four apples in one hand and five in the other. What did she have altogether? Two big hands.
- What did ‘0’ say to ‘8’? Nice belt.
- What did the ocean say to his friends? He didn’t say anything. He just waved.
- What kind of water doesn’t freeze? Hot water.
- Which dog breed can jump higher than a skyscraper? Any dog. A skyscraper can’t jump.
You can never know what reaction your jokes will get. Your friends will not know whether to groan or laugh when you share these funny, stupid jokes. Keep reading to learn some more jokes to make you laugh.
Stupid Jokes To Tell Your Friends
- The first rule of the Alzheimer’s club is… Wait, where are we again?
- How many tickles does it take to get an octopus to laugh? Ten tickles.
- Why did the farmer win an award? He was outstanding in his field!
- I told my doctor that I had broken my arm in two places. He told me to stop going to those places.
- Why do melons have weddings? Because they cantaloupe!
- Just went to an emotional wedding — even the cake was in tiers.
- My teachers told me I’d never amount to much since I procrastinate so much. I told them, “Just you wait!”
- How come teddy bears never want to eat anything? Because they’re always stuffed.
- What’s a plant’s favorite drink? Root beer!
- Who cleans the ocean? Mer-maids!
- A magician was driving down the road and turned into a driveway.
- Just finished a box of Corn Flakes. You can check out my cereal killer Netflix special next Tuesday.
- A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Why the long face?”
- I stayed up all night and tried to figure out where the sun was. Then it dawned on me.
- I invented a new word! Plagiarism!
- Name a dog that can do magic. Labracadabrador!
- Why didn’t the bullet come to work today? Because he got fired.
- Which is Minnie Mouse’s favorite car? A Minnie van.
- In a race, how did one tomato cheer the other? Ketchup!
- You see a robbery in an Apple store. What are you? An I-witness.
- How did the buffalo bid adieu to his son? Bison!
- The duck bought lip gloss and said what? Put it on my bill.
- Why didn’t the prawn share his treasure? Because he was shellfish.
- You get this every year on your birthday. What is it? A year older.
- What has two legs but can’t walk? A pair of pants.
- The boy threw a piece of butter out the window. Why? He wanted to see a butterfly.
- Why does the giraffe have a long neck? Because it has smelly feet.
- What would you do if an elephant sat on your fence? Get a new fence.
- It won’t hurt if you hit with a 2-liter Coke bottle. Why? Because it is a soft drink.
Chloë, a blogger, shares a collection of homemade jokes, including her creations and those from childhood memories. She writes, “I like my jokes clean and hilarious—and I am not afraid to admit that I dig a good pun (i).” The author encourages the playful exercise of intentionally witty thinking throughout the post.
Read our next section for some funny and corny knock-knock jokes to keep everyone guessing. These gags will actually knock your friends’ socks off. Let’s check them out!
Funny ‘Knock Knock’ Jokes To Tell Your Friends
Tell a joke with confidence and good delivery to capture the attention of your audience easily. Share the following funny jokes to make people laugh.
- Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Candice. Candice who? Candice door open, or am I stuck out here?
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Jimmy. Jimmy who? Jimmy crack corn, and I don’t care!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Amish. Amish who? Really? You don’t look like a shoe.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Luke. Luke who? Luke through the peephole and find out.
- Knock, knock Who’s there? Nun. Nun who? Nun of your business!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Lettuce. Lettuce who? Lettuce in it’s cold out here.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Snow. Snow who? Snow use. I forgot my name again!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Closure. Closure who? Closure mouth while you’re chewing!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Alice. Alice who? Alice fair in love and war.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Olive. Olive who? Olive, you and I don’t care who knows it!
- Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Robin. Robin who? Robin you—hand over the cash!
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Euripides. Euripides who? Euripides clothes, you pay for them!
- Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Stopwatch. Stopwatch who? Stopwatch you’re doing and pay attention!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Rhino! Rhino who? Rhino, every knock-knock joke there is!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Broken pencil. Broken pencil who? Never mind, there’s no point!
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Justin. Justin who? Justin the town, thought would say hi.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Spell. Spell Who? WHO.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Ice cream. Ice cream who? Ice cream for you to hear me.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Howl. Howl who? Howl you know if you don’t open.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Figs. Figs who? Figs the bell. I have been ringing for so long.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Icy. Icy who? Icy you.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Isabel. Isabel who? Isabel not working?
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Annie. Annie who? Is Annie body home?
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Hatch. Hatch who? God bless.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Nobel. Nobel who? Nobel. That’s why I knocked.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Kenya. Kenya who? Kenya open the door.
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Mikey. Mikey who? Mikey isn’t working. Can you let me in?
- Knock, Knock. Who is there? Boo. Boo who? Why are you crying, it’s just a joke.
Want to bring a smile to your friend’s face? Why not play around with some jokes over texts to maintain connection and make them laugh away their problems?
Jokes To Tell Your Friends Over Text
- What do you call the process of aging for snowmen? Evaporation.
- A good friend can finish your sentences… a best friend will do the same, but make it sound 10 times dirtier
- Father: Son, did you give fresh water to your pet goldfish?
Son: Nope. They are yet to finish the water that I gave to them last week!
- Kid: Where do pirates go when they are sick?
Kid: They go to the dock!
- Wife: Here, look at that drunk guy. We were supposed to get married 10 years ago.
Me: Wow, he is still celebrating. Lucky guy!
- Boy: How many lips does a flower have?
Dad: How many?
- Boy: How does a squid prepare itself for battle?
Boy: It goes to a battle well-armed!
- Student: Do you know what you will get if you ever cross a vampire with a snowman?
Teacher: I don’t know. What will you get?
Student: You will get frostbite!
- What do you have when both your son and daughter text you to lend them $100 each? You have $200 and two unread messages on your cell phone!
- What did I reply when my wife texted that she was having a terribly stressful day at work and was losing her entire mind? I texted back, ‘Relax. It’s just in your head’.
- What did the college student do when he needed to get in-text citations for his paper on insurance and finance? He decided that he would get a quote!
- Me: It’s movie night. Are we having any friends over?
Rick: Ten people are coming. We need thirteen more.
Rick: Because it is a 13+ movie.
- The guy who invented auto-correct for smartphones passed away today. Restaurant in peace.
- Little boy: Which is the only instrument that is an absolute favorite among all skeletons?
Little girl: No idea. What is it?
Little boy: It is a trom-bone!
- Husband: What is the best way to define a pile made out of simply cats?
Wife: What do you call it?
Husband: You must call it a meow-ntain!
- What is a fish without an eye? Fsh.
- Me: I lost my shoes at the party. I think it is a fairy tale.
My Friend: No, it’s because you were drunk.
- What do you say when a snowman throws a tantrum? He is having a meltdown.
- Why weren’t the melons getting married? They cantaloupe.
- Humpty Dumpty loved autumn. Why? Because he had a great fall.
- Two peanuts were walking in the town. But one was a-salted.
- How do you host a space party? You Planet.
- A dinosaur crashes his car. What do you call him? Tyrannosaurus Wrecks.
- A door is not a door. When? It is ajar.
- Why are the Irish wealthy? Their capital is Dublin.
- A priest became a lawyer. What would you call him? Father-in-law.
- How do you get an octopus to laugh? With ten-tickles.
- Why are mountains funny? They are hill areas.
- A bee couldn’t make up his mind. What do you call him? A maybe.
Here are a few April Fools’ Day jokes to tell your friends that are actually believable. They are not mean, over the top, or make anyone cry. Use our ideas and freak out (or laugh either way) your friends, peers, and roommates.
April Fools’ Day Jokes To Tell Your Friends
- A and C were going to prank their friend…But they just letter B.
- Why was everyone so tired on April 1st? Because they just finished a long 31-day March.
- What’s the biggest difference between Thanksgiving and April Fool’s Day? On one, you’re thankful, but on the other, you’re prankful.
- I’m going to pull an April Fools’ Day prank on my landlord by not paying rent. The rent isn’t due today; you’re just kidding!
- Who needs a day for the fools when you’re surrounded by them all year?
- April 1 is named April Fools’ Day after Steve April. He was born on the 1st of April back in 1579. He ran many businesses and was actually quite prosperous in his ventures, but he lost all of his father’s assets late in his life. After this, everyone started calling him the father of fools. At one point, he even married a woman who’s older than him, and she divorced Steve because he was so foolish. He used to read and believe all kinds of fake stories, just like you are now. Happy April Fools’ Day, you gullible fool.
- April Fools’ Day is canceled this year because everything after March 2020 has been a prank.
- I would wish you a happy birthday, but I can’t tell if you’re lying about being born on April 1.
- Who needs April Fools’ when your whole life is a joke?
- I don’t always joke on April Fools’ Day. Just kidding, I do.
- The easiest targets to prank on April Fools’ Day? People who were born on March 31. Why? Because they were literally born yesterday.
- April 1: The only day people question whether the internet is lying to them.
- You should know that no one understood it was an April Fools’ joke… Because no one expected you to have a sense of humor.
- What did April Fools’ Day say after it won an award? Prank you!
- Which day of the year do monkeys like best? The first of Ape-ril!
- What is a monster that celebrates April Fool’s Day? Prankenstein.
- Which is the worst day to propose? April Fool’s Day.
- What goes up with the April showers? The umbrella.
- What did summer say to spring? I am going to fall.
- I was going to tell a hilarious story from when I was on a plane on April Fool’s Day, but I don’t think it will fly.
- April brings May flowers. What do May flowers bring? Pilgrims.
- Why does April jump so high? It is spring.
- Why do companies launch new products on April Fool’s Day? So that they can say it was a prank if it isn’t well received.
- On April 1st, trust no one. Just like any other day.
- What is your favorite April Fool’s prank? Pretending to my mom that I am going to leave the couch.
- Why do eggs like April Fool’s Day? They like practical yolks.
- What do you call a bear wet in April showers? A Drizzly Bear.
- What if April Fools Day was actually on April 2nd, and we were fooled to believe it was on April 1st?
Infographic: How To Tell A Joke To Your Friends The Right Way
Comedy is not everyone’s cup of tea. Telling jokes does not come easily to everyone. Trying to deliver a joke can be nerve-racking, especially when it is to friends who can pull your leg and embarrass you at any time. Thankfully, you can become a pro jokester by following a few simple tips.
Check out the below infographic to learn how to tell a joke to your friends the right way to leave them laughing.
If you often fall short of jokes to tell your friends, the above options can give you some good ideas. Whether they are some simple dumb, silly jokes or some clever, witty puns, make sure your jokes are age, place, and time appropriate. While it is okay to tease your friends through jokes sometimes, pay attention to the fact that they are well-meaning and not offensive or rude. Speak in a natural, effortless way to let your friends revel in some light-hearted moments and fondly indulge with you in the fun and laughter. However, be mindful and raise your awareness to make sure you are being sensitive to others and not offending anyone with your jokes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to time my jokes in a social setting?
To utter a joke effortlessly and at the right pace, followed by pausing just long enough before the punchline, can help you time your joke perfectly in a social setting.
How to make sure that my jokes are appropriate for the age group of my friends?
Being sensitive towards the content of your jokes and allowing yourself to analyze your joke content from time to time can help ensure the content is appropriate for the age of your target group.
How do I know if my friends will find my jokes funny?
Test the waters by telling them a similar joke to see if they think it funny. To prevent misunderstandings or wounded feelings, it’s also critical to take into account each person’s personality and sense of humor.
What are some jokes that are appropriate for all ages?
Jokes that are appropriate for all ages usually involve wordplay, puns, or lighthearted humor. Knock-knock jokes or funny one-liners are good options too.
How do I avoid telling offensive jokes to my friends?
It’s best to steer clear of humor that is sexist, racist, or discriminatory in any way. It’s important to be aware of your audience and their backgrounds and beliefs.
Laugh out loud with your friends! Check out this video for the best jokes to tell your friends! These are guaranteed to make you all giggle and snort!
Personal Experience: Source
i. Homemade Jokes