Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss secrets are out! The youngest celebrity of the first-generation Kardashians has lost a whopping 40 pounds and it is commendable. Because losing post-baby fat is not easy. Moreover, Khloe has always been on the chubbier side. Poor eating habits also played their part. But after her baby, she started taking care of what she put in her body. And it worked like magic! Today, Khloe is glowing with confidence and beauty, and is a motivation and inspiration to many as she lives her best life with her baby. Read on to know how Khloe Kardashian lost those extra pounds. So, use her secrets to shed the flab still hanging on you. Scroll down!
In This Article
What Motivated Khloe Kardashian To Lose Weight?
Losing about 3 stones is not easy. Neither does it happen overnight, especially when you harbor bad eating and lifestyle habits. In an interview, Khloe said, “Growing up, I was always chubby, I used to just accept the way people defined me. When people called me the fat sister, I’d say, ‘Yeah I’m big-boned.’ Whatever we do to laugh at things instead of letting them hurt you. And then, I slowly but surely took something really bad in my life or a stressful time, which was my divorce, and I turned it into a positive.”
She coped with the extreme stress of divorce and channeled the negative energy by working out. She said, “I decided to turn to fitness as a form of therapy and as a stress reliever.” How did she manage to lose so much weight? Let’s find out.
How Did Khloe Kardashian Lose Weight?
Khloe changed her lifestyle to lose weight. She didn’t believe in quick weight loss because she knew it would not sustain. She said, “Mine was a really slow process. But I didn’t seek to lose 20 lbs in 20 days. That wasn’t my goal. It was more that, emotionally, I just wanted to feel strong.” She decided to take care of her health by eating healthily and doing workouts to shed the flab. Here’s her diet plan.
Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss Diet
Khloe had revealed to People magazine that she went on a dairy-free, low-carb diet. Here’s Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss nutrition chart and what she eats daily to keep in shape.
|MEALS||WHAT KHLOE KARDASHIAN EATS|
|Pre-Workout Snack||Almond butter and an apple|
|Breakfast||Boiled eggs/scrambled eggs/ omelet + oatmeal (larger oat flakes)+ blueberries or strawberries|
|Lunch||Grilled skinless chicken breast + vegetables + sweet potato + small portion of rice|
|Snacks||Cherry tomatoes or nuts or any fruit|
|Dinner||A piece of grilled fish + Green leafy veggie salad with sunflower seeds and oil-based vinaigrette dressing|
|Dessert||A piece of fruit|
Why Does This Diet Work?
Khloe eats a healthy dose of protein and carbs before working out. Almond butter with an apple is a perfect combination and energizer. Eggs are a great source of protein, fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins, and minerals (1). Starting your day with a good shot of protein helps keep the energy levels high.
Khloe makes sure to eat large flakes of oats so that she gets more fiber, which helps her stay full for a long duration. Fiber also encapsulates the fat molecules and prevents their absorption (2). Blueberries or strawberries add color and sweetness to her breakfast bowl and offer an extra dose of vitamins and minerals.
For lunch, grilled skinless chicken breast provides protein for repairing her torn muscles from working out, the veggies provide dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and the rice and sweet potato help her get the recommended amount of good carbs.
Khloe keeps her dinner light by having green leafy veggies with sunflower seeds, which are a great source of healthy fats. Healthy fats are important for the body as they help reduce inflammation and inhibit inflammation-related weight gain. Fish is a good source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids that help build muscle and scavenge the harmful free oxygen radicals (3).
Khloe’s snack and dessert always include low glycemic index fruits that don’t spike the blood glucose levels.
Khloe Kardashian’s before-and-after diet transformation has been widely discussed, highlighting her commitment to adopting a healthy lifestyle and achieving remarkable results. She follows a diet that is doable and not too drastic. Hence, it is easy for her to stick to it. Khloe also has some secret weight loss tips that help her avoid gaining the weight back.
Khloe Kardashian Diet Tips
- Drink Water – Water helps by hydrating the cells, which, in turn, keeps the metabolism running and other body functions active. It also helps maintain the internal pH and homeostasis and helps flush out the toxins (4). Khloe advises drinking at least 4 liters of water every day to lose weight.
- Eat Healthy Snacks – Khloe says that stocking the fridge and kitchen cabinets with healthy snacking options helped her cut down on trans fats and sugar. This helped her lose weight without even hitting the gym.
- Cut Down On Junk Food And Dairy – Cutting down on junk food and dairy helped Khloe lose a lot of weight. Fries, burger, pizza, potato wafers, fried chicken, ready-to-eat foods, processed foods, cakes, pastry, candies, etc. are all loaded with sugar, sodium, and trans fats. These cause weight gain and also increase the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Cutting down on dairy worked for Khloe, but it may not work for everyone. Talk to your doctor to find out if you should avoid dairy completely.
- Make Healthy Food Available – When you are surrounded by healthy food, you will have no other choice but to eat healthily. Throw out all the junk food or give it away. Restock your fridge and kitchen with healthy foods.
- Indulge Once In A While – Khloe Kardashian says that depriving oneself is the worst thing a dieter can do. Restrict yourself from eating junk and unhealthy foods so that you earn a cheat day every week. On your cheat day, you can consume 500 calories extra and indulge in your favorite foods. However, do not exceed the 500 calorie mark.
- Try Intermittent Fasting – Intermittent fasting helps lose weight without controlling calorie intake. You can eat anything you want within the “feasting” phase and then fast for the rest of the day. Check out the intermittent fasting guide for beginners or the 16/8 intermittent fasting diet plan.
These were the diet tips from Khloe. However, she has also trained hard to get into shape. Here is a sneak peek into her weekly workout routine.
Khloe Kardashian 7-Day Workout Routine
Khloe Kardashian not only changed her eating habits but also improved her body composition by incorporating cardio and strength training into her weight loss routine.
She trains under Gunner Peterson, and his smart strategy to focus on different body parts on different days has worked wonders for her. Khloe burns over 500 calories within 35 minutes. She is now addicted to going to the gym and trains on all 7 days of the week. Here’s her workout routine.
|Day 1||Cardio: Khloe starts her workout routine with cardio exercises like running and boxing. Doing a mix of different cardio exercises prevents boredom and keeps her motivated to go to the gym.|
|Day 2||Legs And Buttocks: To keep her legs and buttocks in shape, Khloe squats, lunges, and does kettlebell deadlifts.|
|Day 3||Core: Khloe loves a hard“core” workout that helps keep her in great shape. She does push-ups with a BOSU ball, crunches and boat crunches with a BOSU ball, straight leg crunches, and scissor legs with V-ups.|
|Day 4||Cardio: Khloe goes to spin class in SoulCycle. “There’s so much energy and enthusiasm in a class like SoulCycle that you often push yourself further than you thought you could go!”|
|Day 5||Arms: Khloe works on her arms with sister Kourtney. She uses battle ropes, BOSU ball, kettlebells, and resistance bands. She does bicep curls, chest press, tricep extensions, and push-ups.|
|Day 6||Total Body: On this day, Khloe concentrates on battle ropes. She said, “They are super intense, but don’t let them intimidate you! Just 10 minutes on the ropes is a major workout and makes you feel incredible!”|
|Day 7||Recovery: Khloe understands the need for recovery and therefore goes on a day of yoga, stretching, and foam rolling to help her muscles rejuvenate and recover from the wear and tear.|
Susie Todd, a vlogger, shares her experience of trying Kloe Kardashian’s diet plan. She followed everything from her breakfast plan to the workout routine to the T. Her final thought was that the Khloe Kardashian’s diet plan was rather difficult compared to the other Kardashian sisters, ” I need a little sweet treat in the day or I will go insane. It was just bland (i).”
The big question is, how much does Khloe weigh now after being on a life-changing diet and workout plan? Find out next.
How Much Does Khloe Weigh?
Khloe weighed 163 pounds (about 74 kg). But after changing her diet and workout, she lost 40 pounds and now weighs 123 pounds (55 kg).
Will her workout routine work for you? It might if you have the same determination, body type, eating habits, etc. The trick is to make sure that you mix cardio, HIIT, and strength training so that you can mobilize the fat and build muscle.
But before you start training yourself, talk to a trainer, and get an idea of what exercises you should do to lose body fat and shed flab from a particular problem area.
Infographic: Khloe Kardashian’s Weight Loss Tips
Growing up in a family of gorgeous ladies must have been burdensome for Khloe Kardashian. The expectations and self-negativity could have felt stifling at times. But she did work towards shaping a body of her desires and was cool enough to share her routines. Scroll down for an infographic highlighting the key points of her weight loss journey.
Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss secrets revealed during an interview suggest that she has used both exercise and diet to shed 40 pounds. Exercise for her is a way to channel her stress and negativity and she is addicted to fitness and gymming. She keeps two rest days and combines cardio, strength training, and yoga on the remaining days. Exercise helps her change her body composition and burn around 500 calories in 35 minutes. In addition, she followed a low-carb, no-dairy diet which was flexible and gentle enough to stick to on a long-term basis. She wanted to lose weight slowly and steadily and gain emotional and physical strength on her journey, and she achieved that success. Khloe Kardashian’s journey with weight loss has sparked conversations around body positivity, self-care, and wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Khloé Kardashian drink alcohol?
Yes, she has been open about having wine and other alcoholic beverages.
Is Khloé Kardashian vegan?
No, Khloé Kardashian is not vegan. However, she opened up about eating plant-based meals most of the time on her Poosh website. She is known to follow a vegetarian diet since her pregnancy.
Are there any risks associated with the Khloe Kardashian weight loss diet?
Khloe Kardashian has been reported following a low-carb, high-protein diet. While this kind of diet may be successful in helping some people lose weight, there are also possible drawbacks. It may cause nutritional deficiencies, constipation, or dehydration.
What is the recommended caloric intake on the Khloe Kardashian weight loss diet?
Whether she is resting or working out, Khloe Kardashian does not consume more than 1800 calories a day, as a part of her weight loss diet.
How does Khloe Kardashian manage her cravings and appetite while dieting?
She has said, “[I] used to remind myself to exercise portion control.” This can be a useful tactic for controlling cravings while still enjoying your favorite foods. Although, suppressing cravings can sometimes lead to overeating later on, so be careful
What inspired Khloe Kardashian to lose weight?
According to various interviews and media reports, Khloe made the decision to reduce weight in order to enhance her health, boost her confidence, and feel more at ease in her own skin.
- Khloe Kardashian has had a significant weight loss journey as she lost 40 pounds after the birth of her baby.
- She revealed the key to losing weight is consistently eating healthy food loaded with protein, staying hydrated, and having a positive mindset towards achieving the goal.
- She incorporated strength training exercises and cardio in her workout and focused on portion control.
Khloe Kardashian reveals her weight loss secret! Get the inside scoop on how she achieved her transformation and find out what’s behind the cover. Go, check out the video to learn about it.
Personal Experience: Source
i. I tried KHLOE KARDASHIAN’s Diet and Workouts (EXTREME)
- The Impact of Egg Nutrient Composition and Its Consumption on Cholesterol Homeostasis, Cholesterol, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Effects of Dietary Fiber and Its Components on Metabolic Health, Nutrients, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Seafood Consumption and Components for Health, Global Journal of Health Science, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Water, Hydration and Health, Nutrition Reviews, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.