Khloe Kardashian has lost a whopping 40 pounds! The youngest of the first-gen Kardashian sisters, tall-framed Khloe was always chubby as a kid and did not pay much attention to her lifestyle. But like a blessing in disguise, her tumultuous personal life actually opened her eyes and helped her change her unhealthy lifestyle. Today, Khloe has become an inspiration for many women around the world. What is her secret? How did she lose so much weight? Read on to know everything about the Khloe Kardashian weight loss story.
What Motivated Khloe Kardashian To Lose Weight?
Losing about 3 stones is not easy. Neither does it happen overnight, especially when you harbor bad eating and lifestyle habits. In an interview, Khloe said, “Growing up, I was always chubby, I used to just accept the way people defined me. When people called me the fat sister, I’d say, ‘Yeah I’m big-boned.’ Whatever we do to laugh at things instead of letting them hurt you. And then, I slowly but surely took something really bad in my life or a stressful time, which was my divorce, and I turned it into a positive.”
She coped with the extreme stress of divorce and channeled the negative energy by working out. She said, “I decided to turn to fitness as a form of therapy and as a stress reliever.” How did she manage to lose so much weight? Let’s find out.
How Did Khloe Kardashian Lose Weight?
Khloe changed her lifestyle to lose weight. She didn’t believe in quick weight loss because she knew it would not sustain. She said, “Mine was a really slow process. But I didn’t seek to lose 20 lbs in 20 days. That wasn’t my goal. It was more that, emotionally, I just wanted to feel strong.” She decided to eat healthily and workout to shed the flab. Here’s her diet plan.
Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss Diet
Khloe had revealed to People magazine that she went on a dairy-free, low-carb diet. Here’s Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss diet chart and what she eats daily to keep in shape.
|MEALS||WHAT KHLOE KARDASHIAN EATS|
|Pre-Workout Snack||Almond butter and an apple|
|Breakfast||Boiled eggs/scrambled eggs/ omelet + oatmeal (larger oat flakes)+ blueberries or strawberries|
|Lunch||Grilled skinless chicken breast + vegetables + sweet potato + small portion of rice|
|Snacks||Cherry tomatoes or nuts or any fruit|
|Dinner||A piece of grilled fish + Green leafy veggie salad with sunflower seeds and oil-based vinaigrette dressing|
|Dessert||A piece of fruit|
Why Does This Diet Work?
Khloe eats a healthy dose of protein and carbs before working out. Almond butter with an apple is a perfect combination and energizer. Eggs are a great source of protein, fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins, and minerals (1). Starting your day with a good shot of protein helps keep the energy levels high.
Khloe makes sure to eat large flakes of oats so that she gets more fiber, which helps her stay full for a long duration. Fiber also encapsulates the fat molecules and prevents their absorption (2). Blueberries or strawberries add color and sweetness to her breakfast bowl and offer an extra dose of vitamins and minerals.
For lunch, grilled skinless chicken breast provides protein for repairing her torn muscles from working out, the veggies provide dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and the rice and sweet potato help her get the recommended amount of good carbs.
Khloe keeps her dinner light by having green leafy veggies with sunflower seeds, which are a great source of healthy fats. Healthy fats are important for the body as they help reduce inflammation and inhibit inflammation-related weight gain. Fish is a good source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids that help build muscle and scavenge the harmful free oxygen radicals (3).
Khloe’s snack and dessert always include low glycemic index fruits that don’t spike the blood glucose levels.
Khloe Kardashian follows a diet that is doable and not too drastic. Hence, it is easy for her to stick to it. Khloe also has some secret weight loss tips that help her avoid gaining the weight back.
Khloe Kardashian Diet Tips
- Drink Water – Water helps by hydrating the cells, which, in turn, keeps the metabolism running and other body functions active. It also helps maintain the internal pH and homeostasis and helps flush out the toxins (4). Khloe advises drinking at least 4 liters of water every day to lose weight.
- Eat Healthy Snacks – Khloe says that stocking the fridge and kitchen cabinets with healthy snacking options helped her cut down on trans fats and sugar. This helped her lose weight without even hitting the gym.
- Cut Down On Junk Food And Dairy – Cutting down on junk food and dairy helped Khloe lose a lot of weight. Fries, burger, pizza, potato wafers, fried chicken, ready-to-eat foods, processed foods, cakes, pastry, candies, etc. are all loaded with sugar, sodium, and trans fats. These cause weight gain and also increase the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Cutting down on dairy worked for Khloe, but it may not work for everyone. Talk to your doctor to find out if you should avoid dairy completely.
- Make Healthy Food Available – When you are surrounded by healthy food, you will have no other choice but to eat healthy. Throw out all the junk food or give it away. Restock your fridge and kitchen with healthy foods.
- Indulge Once In A While – Khloe Kardashian says that depriving oneself is the worst thing a dieter can do. Restrict yourself from eating junk and unhealthy foods so that you earn a cheat day every week. On your cheat day, you can consume 500 calories extra and indulge in your favorite foods. However, do not exceed the 500 calorie mark.
- Try Intermittent Fasting – Intermittent fasting helps lose weight without controlling calorie intake. You can eat anything you want within the “feasting” phase and then fast for the rest of the day. Check out the intermittent fasting guide for beginners or the 16/8 intermittent fasting diet plan.
These were the diet tips from Khloe. However, she has also trained hard to get into shape. Here is a sneak peek into her weekly workout routine.
Khloe Kardashian 7-Day Workout Routine
Khloe Kardashian not only changed her eating habits but also improved her body composition by incorporating cardio and strength training into her weight loss routine.
She trains under Gunner Peterson, and his smart strategy to focus on different body parts on different days has worked wonders for her. Khloe burns over 500 calories within 35 minutes. She is now addicted to going to the gym and trains on all 7 days of the week. Here’s her workout routine.
|Day 1||Cardio: Khloe starts her workout routine with cardio exercises like running and boxing. Doing a mix of different cardio exercises prevents boredom and keeps her motivated to go to the gym.|
|Day 2||Legs And Buttocks: To keep her legs and buttocks in shape, Khloe squats, lunges, and does kettlebell deadlifts.|
|Day 3||Core: Khloe loves a hard“core” workout that helps keep her in great shape. She does push-ups with a BOSU ball, crunches and boat crunches with a BOSU ball, straight leg crunches, and scissor legs with V-ups.|
|Day 4||Cardio: Khloe goes to spin class in SoulCycle. “There’s so much energy and enthusiasm in a class like SoulCycle that you often push yourself further than you thought you could go!”|
|Day 5||Arms: Khloe works on her arms with sister Kourtney. She uses battle ropes, BOSU ball, kettlebells, and resistance bands. She does bicep curls, chest press, tricep extensions, and push-ups.|
|Day 6||Total Body: On this day, Khloe concentrates on battle ropes. She said, “They are super intense, but don’t let them intimidate you! Just 10 minutes on the ropes is a major workout and makes you feel incredible!”|
|Day 7||Recovery: Khloe understands the need for recovery and therefore goes on a day of yoga, stretching, and foam rolling to help her muscles rejuvenate and recover from the wear and tear.|
The big question is, how much does Khloe weigh now after being on a life-changing diet and workout plan? Find out next.
How Much Does Khloe Weigh?
Khloe weighed 163 pounds (about 74 kg). But after changing her diet and workout, she lost 40 pounds and now weighs 123 pounds (55 kg).
Will her workout routine work for you? It might if you have the same determination, body type, eating habits, etc. The trick is to make sure that you mix cardio, HIIT, and strength training so that you can mobilize the fat and build muscle.
But before you start training yourself, talk to a trainer, and get an idea of what exercises you should do to lose body fat and shed flab from a particular problem area.
Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss journey is inspirational and impressive. Yes, she may have many people – from fitness coaches and dietitians to weight loss supplements/pills and cosmetic surgeons – to help her achieve the body she has, but she couldn’t have done it without her willpower too.
The takeaway message is to push yourself to raise the bar, train yourself to follow a healthy routine, and you will lose weight without having to try too hard. Set your goals and work toward them with all your determination and energy. Cheers!
- The Impact of Egg Nutrient Composition and Its Consumption on Cholesterol Homeostasis, Cholesterol, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Effects of Dietary Fiber and Its Components on Metabolic Health, Nutrients, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Seafood Consumption and Components for Health, Global Journal of Health Science, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Water, Hydration and Health, Nutrition Reviews, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- How To Stop Hair Fall – 20 Tips, Natural Methods & Treatments - September 25, 2020
- Best Exercises For Reducing Belly Fat At Home And Expert Tips - September 10, 2020
- Is It Possible To Lose Belly Fat In A Week? - September 10, 2020
- 15 Best Cuticle Scissors For Beautiful Fingernails - June 12, 2020
- 13 Best Moisturizers For 4C Hair For Soft And Nourished Coils - June 10, 2020