Kolam is a form of rangoli that is widely done in India. The main concept of Kolam comes from the age old art of creating designs using rice flour which was done using bare hands. The art requires the making of geometric designs using a grid of predefined dots. These dots are joined to make patterns or loops. The technique of Kolam is quite old and features in ancient Sanskrit texts also. The Kolam are the common decoration found in the courtyard of south Indian homes.
Here we have some new and interesting Kolam designs for all of you to try this 2018.
1. The first one of the designs is quite unique due to its shape. Usually rangoli Kolam designs are made keeping in mind a certain geometrical shape but here we see a new design. The design is a symmetrical one and is made using the famous dot style Kolam technique. While some of you are already aware of it, it is actually a technique where a grid is taken as the guide line and designs are drawn connecting the dots on the grid.
2. We feel this is the simplest of all designs for Kolam and even beginners can do this one. Once you have got the grid ready all you need to do is draw lines according to the picture here and you are good to go.
[ Read: Rangoli ]
3. While Kolam designs are mostly done using geometric shapes there are some designs like this too, where the dots are connected to form floral designs. Use of color makes it look even more presentable and beautiful. We feel this too is ideal for a beginner. It is also perfect if you have less time in hand.
4. This floral/star shaped Kolam rangoli too is based on the dot Kolam technique. This rangoli can be reduced into a smaller version too. This rangoli follows the infinity loop pattern which is quite popular among Kolam designs. It’s also significant that the infinite loop theory used in Kolam is being used in computer science also.
[ Read: Top 10 Indian Rangoli Designs ]
5. This is a star shaped rangoli and the use of green and blue color makes it look quite attractive. The design in the middle is same as the one above. This design too needs good amounts of skills to be done perfectly so we do not suggest this for beginners. The design is based on the infinity loop pattern as well.
6. This beautiful rangoli is also made using the grid and dot technique, but instead of geometric patterns, here we see floral shapes as well as birds created in the rangoli. The main guideline remains as the dots but the design here is much unique than what we are used to see. This is quite good for a beginner also.
[ Read: Best Rangoli Designs And Images ]
7. This Kolam rangoli uses dots and is made just by connecting the dots. Those who have a bit of practice in making rangoli will quite easily do this one. This is a symmetrical design and is perfect for those with limited expertise and time.
8. This beautiful latest Kolam designs is quite complex and we feel the need for good skills to get the same results. This too follows the dot technique but the designs and shapes are quite complex. Human faces, heart, flower, leaves and many other shapes are used here.
[ Read: Rangoli designs with flowers ]
9. This colourful rangoli is quite a good change from the usual ones we see. The pattern here is a symmetrical one and is one of the latest Kolam designs with dots. We love the bright colors used which is perfect for the festive season.
10. This Pongal Kolam designs look great for smaller areas. We love the designs in the middle depicting the true essence of Kolam. The design is square and is easy to do even for untrained hands.
[ Read: Onam Pookalam Designs ]
Hope all of you loved these Kolam designs and will try them yourselves. We will be back soon with more beautiful designs.
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try
- Top 10 Sikku Kolam Designs
- Top 10 North Indian Rangoli Designs
- 25 Rangoli Designs With Dots To Try In 2014
- 25 Most Colourful Rangoli Designs With Flowers
Latest posts by Shabby (see all)
- 16 Best Pongal Kolam Designs That You Should Try In 2018 - February 20, 2014
- Top 25 Most Beautiful Athapookalam Designs To Try In 2018 - November 11, 2013
- Top 10 Sikku Kolam Designs To Try In 2018 - October 31, 2013
- Amisha Patel’s Beauty And Fitness Secrets Revealed - October 17, 2013
- Top 10 Latest Kolam Designs For You To Try This 2018 - October 9, 2013