Frolic through the meadow in a flowy dress and lavender ombre hair, and you’ll have everyone convinced that you’re a floral forest nymph. Ombre is a hair coloring technique in which a gradient of color is created in your hair with your naturally dark roots at the top that gradually transitions into a lighter or brighter shade at the ends. This looks especially pretty and magical when done in a soft lavender shade. A lavender ombre hair look is feminine, flirty and perfect for helping you achieve the pastel princess look that you’re aiming for!
I get that not everyone wants/can afford to go to a salon and get their lavender ombre done by a professional hair colorist (though I highly recommend that you do). So given below are some handy instructions to do it yourself at home!
How To Do Lavender Ombre On Your Hair At Home
What You Need
- Old towel
- Paddle brush
- Hair bleaching kit
- Lavender hair color
- Rubber gloves
- Hair coloring brush
- Rubber bands
How To Ombre
- Drape an old towel on your shoulders to protect your clothes from getting stained and brush the knots out of your hair.
- Put on your gloves.
- Mix and prepare your bleach according to the instructions given on the box.
- Vertically divide your hair into two sections, one on either side of your face.
- Now, divide these 2 big sections into as many smaller sections as you want to make bleaching them convenient for you.
- Tie each section with a rubber band a couple of inches below your roots.
- Start applying bleach to each section of hair, starting from the ends and pulling the bleach up with your fingers. Apply bleach only till right below your jawline.
- Make sure to concentrate more bleach on the ends of your hair and gradually reduce the amount as you work your way up.
- Leave the bleach on for the time duration indicated on the box but keep checking the shade it has lightened to every 15 minutes. Also, don’t leave the bleach on for more than 40 minutes.
- Once your hair has lightened to your desired shade, wash the bleach off with shampoo.
- Blow dry your hair completely.
- Redivide and tie your hair up in the same sections again.
- Mix and prepare your lavender hair color in a bowl, following the instructions given on the box.
- Put your gloves back on and apply the color to all the bleached sections of your hair. Make sure you pull the color up an inch above your fade line so that it blends seamlessly into your natural base color.
- Leave it on for the duration of time indicated on the box.
- Wash off the color until the water runs clear before shampooing and conditioning it with color safe products.
And that’s it! That’s all you need to do ombre on your hair with beautiful lavender shade! Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s look at all the gorgeous ways that you can style your lavender ombre…
20 Lovely Lavender Ombre Hair Color Ideas
1. Silver Tinted Lavender Ombre
The list starts off strong with this ombre done on golden brown hair with a lavender shade that has silver undertones to it. The almost silvery grey shade of the lavender gives it a cool gunmetal effect. Style this ombre in a short bob and super defined curls to complete its chic vibe.
2. Dusty Lavender Ombre
If an ombre with a defined fade line is not up your speed then you can go for one that fades gradually down the length of your hair. The rich amethyst tones of this lavender ombre give the whole look a dusted effect. The subtle streaks of copper and the wavy styling only work to make the lavender pop even more.
3. Top To Bottom Lavender Ombre
You know what they say about any hair color looks- you either go big or go home. And, baby, you’re gonna go larger than life with the lavender ombre hair look that looks like it’s straight out of a graphic novel. The subtle gradient from a rich violet hue to a soft lavender one looks absolutely magnificent on a sleek straight cut bob.
4. Dip Dyed Lavender Ombre
If you just want a pop of color in your chocolate brown tresses without looking over the top, then a subtle ombre concentrated at the lower third of your hair is a great idea. The dip-dyed ends of this soft lavender style look even prettier when it starts fading out. And it looks prettier when styled in a long bob with wispy bangs.
5. Pink To Lavender Sombre
I get it if you don’t want to go for an ombre with a defined crease line where the two colors merge. In that case, a better option for you would be a sombre (a subtle ombre, get it?) that comprises a subtle gradient from fuschia pink to lavender. The reverse sombre effect is elevated even more by being styled in an edgy short bob and dramatic curls.
6. Silver Fox Lavender Ombre
Get ready to cast some dual toned magic with perhaps the prettiest lavender ombre style known to man. This dull silver to vibrant lavender reverse ombre works magnificently to create a silver fox inspired hair look. This style looks stunning on super long hair, over a boho chic outfit.
[ Read: 50 Unique Hairstyles For Long Hair ]
7. Candy Floss Lavender Ombre
Was your childhood dream to look like a purple and pink candy floss princess? Then here’s how you can fulfill it. Color your hair in a triple toned ombre look starting from ice blue to lavender to pastel pink. The shades in this look blend so seamlessly that they look like they naturally grew out of her head that way.
8. Smokey Lavender Ombre
Tones of ashy blonde and muted lavender blend together to create this gorgeous ombre style that’s one for the ages. This cool toned balayage ombre exudes a dark and mysterious vibe that may be subtle but is sure as hell not escaping anyone’s attention.
9. Kool Aid Lavender Ombre
You remember how back in the day dip dyeing your hair with Kool Aid juice packets seemed like a great idea? Well, this ombre style attempts to recreate that same look. And if you already have blonde hair, you don’t have to take the trouble of bleaching it! The soft lavender creates a pretty dip-dyed effect that’s oh-so-easy to touch up.
10. Dark Lavender Ombre
If a dark and sultry look is what you’re going for then, that’s exactly what you’ll get with this dramatic lavender ombre look. This almost all-over ombre style starts high up on her hair, leaving just her roots in her natural black shade. The curls that this ombre look is styled adds even more dimension to it.
11. Icy Lavender Ombre
If Queen Elsa had a long-lost sister, this would probably be the hair look she’d rock. This icy white to pale lavender ombre look has a bit of a shadow root that adds a touch of dimension. Style this look in a long angled bob for a sleek and modern finish.
12. Dark To Light Lavender Ombre
Hair color looks inspired by geode formations are a dime a dozen these days. But none can beat this lavender ombre inspired by an amethyst geode. The transition from deep luxurious violet to powdery soft lavender is a stunning study in contrast. The low waves styling takes the whole look to another level.
13. Classic Lavender Ombre
Simple hair color looks have a beauty of their own that cannot be compared to ones that have a whole lot of frills and fancies going on. This classic lavender ombre is the best example to demonstrate this. From a rich mahogany brown, it almost instantly fades into a light lavender shade pretty high up in her long hair. This is the kind of color job that works brilliantly with intricate braided hairstyles.
[ Read: 40 Braided Hairstyles For Long Hair ]
14. Gradual Lavender Ombre
All you blonde chiquitas can rejoice because I’ve got another lavender ombre you can sport without having to bleach your hair! The gradual descent of this ombre in soft lavender and subtle pink tones can easily be achieved with temporary hair dye. Style it straight and in a simple braid to keep the focus on the gorgeous color job.
15. Galaxy Lavender Ombre
I’ll give you a minute while you stare in awe at this absolute thing of beauty. I mean, who doesn’t love a good galaxy inspired hair look? The dark rich blue and violet in this look fade gracefully into a pastel lavender to create depth and dimension as you’ve never seen before.
16. Pops Of Color Lavender Ombre
A good way to mix up your lavender ombre look is to experiment with different colors to contrast against it. The auburn ombre tips on blonde hair in this look, for instance, work as a great canvas for the light lavender highlights. And the best part of this style is that you can cut off the ends at the end of the summer if that’s what your heart desires!
17. Milky Lavender Ombre
A grey tinted background works marvelously to bring out the vibrant tones of any color you put on it. The uniqueness of this ombre lies in the way it transitions from dark brown to milky gray to a muted lavender absolutely seamlessly. Take this look to the next level by styling it in layers and curls.
18. Metallic Lavender Ombre
If you’re living in 3017 while the rest of us are stuck in 2017, here’s an ombre look that you will definitely love. The silver undertones of this lavender ombre lend it the perfect futuristic feel that you’re looking for. The cool-toned brown on top and ashy blonde in the midshaft pull the vibe together.
19. Rose Gold Tinted Lavender Ombre
The idea of a monotone hair color look may sound boring to you but trust me when I say that it’s anything but that. This pretty coffee brown to light lavender ombre look is proof of just that. The rose gold tints add some subtle metallic dimension that complements the purple shade perfectly.
20. Peach Toned Subtle Lavender Ombre
Add a peachy touch to your hair with pink tinted lavender ombre look that has peach undertones running through it. This gorgeous warm toned color job works brilliantly on chocolate brown hair and looks best when styled in low waves.
And there you have it! Our rundown of the most beautiful lavender ombre hair looks that you need to try out! Don’t forget to comment below to let us know which one caught your fancy!
- 20 Breathtaking Purple Ombre Hair Color Ideas
- 40 Ombre Hair Color And Style Ideas
- 30 Stunning Balayage Hair Color Ideas
Latest posts by Arshiya Syeda (see all)
- SkinKraft Personalised Beauty Care – Review - June 14, 2018
- 15 Best At-Home Laser Hair Removal Products – 2018 - March 26, 2018
- How To Air Dry Hair – Best Ways To Air Dry Hair Of All Types - March 23, 2018
- How To Tell The Difference Between Psoriasis And Eczema On Your Scalp - March 21, 2018
- How To Treat Scabs On Your Scalp - March 14, 2018