In a long-distance relationship, you lack the thrill of touch and the happiness of basking in your partner’s presence. Communication, time management, and trust become keys to keeping the relationship alive. Jealousy, lack of intimacy, and loneliness can be common issues in a long-distance relationship, which is why patience is essential. But apart from sending each other text messages and poems, there are some long-distance relationship questions you can ask your partner and get to know them a little deeper.
Conversations can close the distance between you two. Apart from catching up on the happenings of everyday life, there are some crucial relationship questions that you can ask your partner to grow emotionally and find out wonderful and quirky things about each other. It is like rediscovering your partner, all over again, in a different way. If you aren’t sure how to get the ball rolling, we have you covered. Swipe up and check out 141 incredibly fun relationship questions to ask your partner.
In This Article
Movies, Series, And Ads
- What is the last movie you watched?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- Which is your favorite classic?
- Which series are you following on Prime or Netflix?
- What is your favorite category of shows?
- Do you prefer crime thrillers or rom-coms?
- Which is the worst movie you have seen lately?
- Which series would you not recommend?
- What category do you like to watch on TV? Sports/News/Wildlife, etc.?
- Which is your favorite ad?
- Which ads do you find nonsensical?
- What did you eat today? Breakfast/lunch/dinner?
- What did you cook today?
- Do you prefer takeaways or home-made meals?
- If you were a Master Chef, what would be your signature dish?
- What is your comfort food?
- What would you like me to cook for you next time we meet?
- Which cuisine would you prefer for a candle-light dinner?
- What’s your favorite dessert other than me?
- What is your favorite junk food?
- What’s your favorite cuisine?
- Which sandwich topping do you identify with?
- What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
- What superpowers would you like to have?
- What do you love most about me?
- What do you think is your worst trait?
- What would you change in me if you could?
- What can you argue about endlessly?
- What scares you the most?
- Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching?
- What are the three things you never leave home without?
- Are you egoistic when it comes to friends?
- Would you have a problem apologizing or owning up to a mistake?
- What’s one personality trait you are proud of?
- Would you like to live with our parents or visit them often?
- What is the one change you would bring about in your country if you could?
- What are the three things you would like to tell the next generation?
- Do you prefer a small, quiet wedding with just your close ones or a large, lavish affair with all your friends, family, and colleagues?
- What’s your favorite music genre?
- Who is your all-time-favorite musician?
- What instrument would you like to learn to play?
- Name three favorite songs from your school/college day?
- Which song on the radio reminds you of me?
- If we had a fight and you had to make up, what song would you sing for me?
- Does music destress you?
- Which is the one band you would give anything to watch or perform live?
- Do you like a song for its lyrics or the music?
- Do you prefer slow, soft songs or party rock and pop?
- Do you like animals?
- What would be your favorite pet?
- Do you like kids?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- Mention three things on your bucket list.
- What’s your favorite color on me?
- What’s the strangest dream you have had and remember?
- Do you have deja vu moments?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Where would you like to go with me on a holiday?
- If you had to relive one day of your life, which would it be?
- What’s your dream car?
- Are you superstitious?
- What’s the most ridiculous fashion fad you have ever seen?
- Do you enjoy amusement parks?
- Which is your favorite ride in an amusement park?
- Are there any movies or Broadway shows you would like to see only with me?
- Would you like to read a book first, then see the movie version, or the other way around?
- What is the most public place you have made out in your earlier days?
- Which social media platform are you hooked on to?
- What do you do when you are homesick?
- Which celebrity would you like to spend a day with?
- Are you religious or spiritual?
- What’s your goofiest knock-knock joke?
- What’s the best prank you have ever played on anyone?
- Which is your favorite season?
- What scents or aromas make you feel most at home?
- Mountains or beaches?
- Coffee or tea?
- Tourist places or camping trips?
- Black or white?
- Wine or whiskey?
- Sweet or savory?
- Adventure sports or indoor games?
- Football or cricket?
- Walk in the rain or movie under a blanket?
- Summer or winter?
- Spending or saving?
- Long hair or short?
- Tattoos or piercings?
- Makeup or natural?
- Surprises or known plans?
- Photographs or paintings?
- Long letters or short texts?
- Bike rides or car drives?
- Shower or bathtub?
- Video games or Tv shows?
- A night-out with the girls/boys or date-night with your girlfriend/boyfriend?
- Friends for life or casual acquaintances?
- Magazines or novels?
- Flowers or chocolates?
- Live shows or recordings?
- Outdoors or indoors?
Us – The Relationship
- Do you believe in long-distance relationships?
- What is the one thing you think could change in our relationship?
- Where do you see us five years from now?
- Would you want to get married someday?
- What song would you dedicate to me if you had to?
- What do you think couples need to do to keep the romance alive?
- What’s the first thing you would want to do when we meet next?
- What is the one thing that is special between us that you have never done or will not do with anyone else?
- If we ever broke up, would you still be friends with me?
- If you ever cheated on me, will you tell me? Or would you want me to tell you if I did the same?
- What is your pet peeve?
- Tell me three sexual fantasies you have and what’s the ultimate one?
- Do you prefer video or phone sex?
- Would you like to see me do a striptease?
- In a game of Truth or Dare, would you want me to tell you the truth, or would you dare me to do something kinky?
- What kind of lingerie/underwear turns you on?
- Do you use sex toys?
- Would you prefer pole dancing or a lap dance?
- Would you fancy a threesome?
- Do you believe in partner-swapping?
- What is your favorite thing for me to wear in bed?
- Would you enjoy making out under open skies, maybe on a beach?
- What are you wearing?
- Do you want to know what I am wearing?
- What was the highlight of your day?
- What are you grateful for?
- What is your worst memory? (for this one choose the timing wisely and be ready to listen)
- When do you feel more connected with me?
- What are your goals for next year?
- What habit do you want to quit?
- What would I be surprised to know about you?
- When did you last cry about something?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What do you consider to be the best part of being together?
- Is there anything that keeps you awake at night that you haven’t shared with me?
- Why do you love me and when did you feel most loved by me?
- What do you consider unforgivable and why?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing but have not yet done? What’s keeping you from accomplishing it?
- Of your family and friends, who do you think has the best relationship and why?
- What are your three biggest needs and how can I help you fulfill them?
Infographic: Long-Distance Relationship Date Ideas
There is no denying that long-distance relationships can be challenging. But if the couple is invested wholeheartedly and willing to make efforts to keep the relationship afloat, every hurdle will seem small. Especially in today’s digital world, it has become quite easy to maintain a long-distance relationship. Below is an infographic on some date ideas you can try if your beau is in another city, country, or even continent. Check it out!
What is the thread that keeps two people in a long-distance relationship together? Yes, you guessed it right! It is their conversations. You feel their presence, share your love, and know about each other by communicating obsessively over texts, calls, and video chats. However, you might feel an occasional lull in your talks as both struggle to find the next topic of discussion. Fret not; the above questions ensure that you get in-depth knowledge about each other and keep the conversation flowing with the tangents that arise from your replies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a long-distance relationship feel real?
It is important to honestly and openly communicate with one another. Set ground rules so that both partners are on the same page. But more important than that, create shared meaning by setting mutual goals and dreams as a couple. Do fun and creative activities together. Send care packages to your partner. Visit each other as much as possible. Live and cherish each moment together.
Should you talk every day in a long-distance relationship?
You can talk to each other every day about how your day went. Understand and process the day together. Every conversation need not revolve around something serious. You can have fun and flirty conversations. However, if you cannot talk to each other every day, both partners should have a conversation around this and get on the same page.
How do you know a man loves you in a long-distance relationship?
If your man treats you respectfully, gives you time, and makes you feel special, these are signs that your man loves you.
- Communication is the key to keeping a long-distance relationship alive.
- You can ask some interesting personality-related questions to learn more about your partner.
- You can ask some ‘this or that’ questions to find out your partner’s preferences.
- Spice up your everyday conversations with a handful of fantasies-related questions.
Spice up your conversations with your boyfriend using the adorable and romantic questions listed in the video below. Whether you’re texting or looking to combat boredom, use these perfect prompts to deepen your connection and keep the spark alive.