The best thing about a relationship is probably holding hands while walking, catching them look at you, and, of course, the secure feeling when you rest your head on their shoulders. But when you are geographically separated, it becomes a challenge to hold on to love.
Long-distance relationships (LDRs) are usually not favored because of the difficulties and complexities involved. But if the couple chooses to stick through, they will be able to find the power to overcome all obstacles.
Here is a list of long-distance relationship quotes that show love, agony, and happiness that are a part of a long-distance relationship.
No matter what you are going through, these quotes will spark your heart and give you and your love the much-needed strength.
101 Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
- “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
- Distance doesn’t matter when the person means so much.
- “Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
- “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.” – Edward Thomas
- We are just a perfect couple stuck in an imperfect situation.
- “For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.” – John Burroughs
- “It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait until I hold you in my arms.” – Besski Levius
- True love does not mean the couple is inseparable. It means not even distance can separate them.
- When you miss him, you know it’s one day nearer to seeing him again.
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “I love when I reach Marcus on the phone and as he says hello, I can hear the music he’s listening to in the background. That music is the sound of him without me. How he surrounds himself when I’m not there, which is almost all the time.” – Megan McCafferty
- “Our lives were now worlds apart, separated by time, circumstance, and the unbridgeable chasm of money.” – Travis Luedke
- “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- True love bridges distances.
- “Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested.” – Olga Peters
- “Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heat will never change.” – Ting Stores
- “Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do for is wait.” – Tamara Louis
- No matter how far you are, you are always in my dreams.
- Love connects hearts.
- Stars help me connect with you because I know the same ones are shining upon us.
- “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
- “No matter how far you manage to go, distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.” – Lucy Aims
- “I have made new friends and have many new people that I know. But hey, you will always be a special part of my heart because no one has been able to replace the space you left in it.” – Stephen Lob
- “Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer dreaming. I have food in front of me but no appetite to eat it. All because my heart misses you and my mind is dreaming about you.” – Sandra Toms
- “The distance may be far and wide, but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more, but you should know that I love you so!” – Linda Roy
- “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hands Nouwens
- “Odd how much it hurts when a friend moves away – and leaves behind only silence.” – Pam Brown
- Forgetting you is like finding a teardrop in the ocean. Impossible!
- “That farewell kiss which resembles greeting, that last glance of love which becomes the sharpest pang of sorrow.” – George Eliot
- Love is when I stop missing you and start missing us.
- “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
- Sleeping is my favorite activity now because I see you in my dreams.
- “I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you, I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only.” – Montana Lee
- “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)” – E.E. Cummings
- Love bridges the gap between your hearts, no matter how far you really are.
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Does distance really matter? You love your favorite actor, drool for your favorite singer and await patiently for the next art from your favorite artist or writer. Why not the one you love?” – Jane Morsel
- Behind every brave knight is a woman who shields him secretly. I am your woman, and no distance can ever change that.
- “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.” – Michael Leunig
- When you truly love someone, rumors and trust issues cannot come in between your relationship.
- A few hours that you spend with him are worth the thousand times without him.
- “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” – Rumi
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- The memories you create while you are together should be strong enough to keep you bonded during the dry spells of your relationship.
- Distance is just a word when two people are madly in love with each other.
- Distance is not the problem. It is the insecurities that creep in, creating misunderstandings, which ruin your bond. If you have trust, your love stays.
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne
- “Distance is to love like wind is to fire…it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- Love is the best place to be together.
- There are many men on earth to take your loneliness away, but only one to make you feel home.
- Nothing comes easy in this world. If you love him, you must wait.
- Nothing good comes easily, sometimes, you’ve got to fight.” – Amber by 311
- Time and distance are not strong enough to separate two hearts that genuinely love and care for each other.
- “Being close is the first and last desire of lovers but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.” – Senora Roy
- “It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.” – Peter McWilliams
- “Sometimes, you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes, you love them more.” – Nicholas Sparks
- When you feel lonely and awful, look at your fingers and think how your partner fills them up with their fingers when they hold your hand.
- A relationship comes with struggle. If you want it, you must fight for it.
- “She affected me, even when she was absent.” – Shannon A. Thompson, Seconds Before Sunrise
- Sometimes, people get lucky, and they find their perfect match. I found you, and I won’t let go.
- “Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn’t stop the pain
If I see you next to never
How can we say forever
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you.”
– Richard Marx, Right Here Waiting
- “Morning without you is dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
- “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it merely has shown that when together, we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
- “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” – Gilbert Parker
- It hurts when two hearts that are connected must live separately.
- “All the while, believe me, I prayed our night would last twice as long.” – Sappho
- “The heart may think it knows better: the senses know that absence blots people out.” – Elizabeth Bowen
- “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
- Heaven is when I get to feel your heart against mine.
- “Love will travel as far as you let it. it has no limits.” – Dee King
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” – Margaret Antwood
- “As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence.” – Alcibiades
- “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” – Miguel de Cervantes
- “Distance is not for the fearful, it’s for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – Meghan Daum
- Missing someone is never easy. Memories itch until you find your love.
- “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
- “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
- “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” – John Dryden
- “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
- “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.” – Steve Maraboli
- “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
- “If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you.” – Andrew Davidson
- “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”– Aristotle
- “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” – K. A. Hill
- “Some people can be so close to you even if physically far, they walk with you and stay near in every moment of your life.” – Senora Roy
- “You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.” – Heraline
- “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
- “Missing someone can hurt. But when you know they are yours forever, negativity it helps avert.” – Trishna Damodar
- “Maybe it is a good idea to write something about you in my book… At least then, there will be a place where we will meet every day… and be together forever!” – Anamika Mishra
- “Maybe, I thought, it’s not distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” – Dash
- “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “Absence makes the heart grows fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
No matter how difficult and heart-wrenching it feels, love will pass the test of time, and you will realize that everything is worth the pain when you find your soulmate. Hope these quotes have given you a new ray of hope for your long-distance relationship. Take care!
- 31 Stirring Quotes That Will Make You Want A Reunion With Your Buddies Right Away
- 101 Pick-Up Lines That Are Guaranteed To Work
- 9 Dating Sites To Keep You In The Game
Latest posts by Harini Natarajan (see all)
- 20 Stay-At-Home Date Ideas For Couples - October 14, 2019
- 350 Truth Or Dare Questions To Spice Up The Party - October 14, 2019
- 7 Reasons People Lie When They Don’t Need To - September 30, 2019
- 13 Best Plus-Size Online Stores In Canada - September 30, 2019
- 71 Heart-warming Love Messages For Him - September 25, 2019