Want to achieve a natural-looking makeup base? If you can’t stand that dreaded cake face and want a foundation that’s perfect for daily wear, it’s time you switch to a different formula. I wanted a change from my liquid foundation, so I tried the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. If you’re looking for a change too and are eager to know how this foundation works, read on because this review hits all the right spots.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Review
Stay matte with the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation for 16 hours. Its lightweight, medium-to-full coverage formula features a shine-free finish that does not feel heavy. It has been developed with a unique whipped formula that does not clog pores. This will leave your skin looking smooth and flawless. This one’s ideal for all skin types.
Features & Benefits
- Enhances the skin’s natural radiance
- Beautifully sheer and layers easily
- Whipped, mousse-like texture
- Ideal for all skin types
- Weightless and air-soft feel
- Adjustable, natural-looking finish
- Matte coverage
This foundation comes in a small cylindrical glass pot that makes it ideal to be carried around while traveling.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Cimethicone Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica.
My Experience With Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
I was on the lookout for a new lightweight foundation – something that I could wear more often, and I found the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I have combination skin, and the idea of a mousse-based formula really appealed to me. I bought this in the shade ‘Natural Beige’ for my skin tone. Here’s my experience!
Texture And Fragrance
This foundation has a lovely texture – it’s thick and moussey. The consistency felt so light on my skin, and it also allowed better blending. The application process is easy as this stuff just glides onto the skin with ease. Coming to the fragrance, it has a mild scent like that of a sunscreen, which fades immediately after application.
Coverage And Efficacy
Coming to coverage, this product left me impressed. Firstly, it takes less makeup to get the same coverage as a liquid foundation; and secondly, it’s so easy to blend out. It offers sheer to medium coverage – you can build it by layering the foundation. The foundation kept my face feeling mattified all day. Also, I have an oily T-zone, and it seemed to control oil in the area. It made my skin look beautiful and dewy, unlike most foundations that tend to look dull after a while.
The staying power is quite great – it stays on for a good 7-8 hours, after which it starts to get a little oily, mainly on my T-zone. You can increase its staying power by using a little powder on the areas your skin tends to get oily. It’s not water-resistant or waterproof, but it definitely does not budge on hot days or on days the humidity levels are high.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Shades
The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation comes in a range of 12 shades to match every skin tone. Read on to find out how each one looks and performs.
This shade is perfect for fair skin tones with slightly yellow undertones. It just blends seamlessly without leaving a ghastly white cast on your already fair skin. It also photographs well and does not oxidize.
- Light texture
- Does not clog your pores
- Available in a good range of shades
- Easy to spread and blend
- Hides redness well
- Great for oily and combination skin
- Highlights dry and textured areas of the skin
- You’ll need to dip your fingers to dispense the foundation, owing to its pot type packaging.
How To Apply Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation?
- Step 1: Apply moisturizer and a primer.
- Step 2: Dot the foundation on your face and apply it sparingly, because a little product goes a long way.
- Step 3: Blend the product using a damp makeup sponge or your fingers, spreading it over your entire face.
- Step 4: You can dab some extra foundation on trouble areas like age spots or blemishes.
Shelf Life: 18 months
Will I Recommend This Product?
Yes, I recommend the Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation to anyone who’s looking for a budget-friendly drugstore foundation to wear on a daily basis. If you have an oily or combination skin type, this will work beautifully for you. Also, it works for people whose skin is already pretty decent. It’s low-maintenance, easy to use and it blends seamlessly. Despite its pot packaging that I hate dipping my fingers into, I like not having to worry about spillage when I’m carrying this in my bag while traveling.
However, I do not recommend you to purchase this if you’re someone with dry to very dry skin. It will highlight dry areas and make your skin look flaky. It won’t drastically conceal acne scars and pigmentation too.
All factors considered, this is a neat product, and for the price, I’m quite impressed with how this performs in making my face look matte and radiant all through the day.
To achieve that flawless makeup, a perfect base is the key. You might just really love this foundation or absolutely hate it, but it’s worth a shot! Those were my thoughts on the Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation. Have you ever used this product? Share your views in the comments section below.
- Lakme 9 To 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Review
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte And Poreless Foundation Review
- 15 Amazing Foundations That Make Wonders For Sensitive Skin
- 15 Best Selling Waterproof Foundations For Indian Women!
- How To Apply NARS Radiant Longwear Foundation?
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- 35 Powerful Women Empowerment Quotes To Inspire You - March 4, 2021
- 52 Most Beautiful Women in the World - September 14, 2020
- 11 Best Drugstore Primers For Oily Skin - September 10, 2020
- 8 Best Vitamin C-Enriched Face Creams - September 9, 2020
- 9 Of The Best Green Concealers To Cancel Out Redness - October 10, 2019