Melissa McCarthy made the world come to a stop when she appeared in her new avatar. The Gilmore Girls actress lost a whopping 75 pounds! And my oh my… she glowed with confidence. No, she is not a size 4 and it’s OK if she wants or doesn’t want to be that size. But what we commend is her determination to shed a few extra pounds and start getting healthy. Be it small roles or getting a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame and losing weight – Melissa McCarthy has put in hard work to achieve the unachievable. So, if you are struggling with excess weight, read this Melissa McCarthy weight loss success story. Swipe up!
How Did Melissa McCarthy Lose Weight?
In an interview with TMZ, Melissa McCarthy opened up about her weight loss. She frankly admitted that it was a magic weight loss pill along with light exercise and diet routine that helped her shed the pounds. She told TMZ, “Honestly, I couldn’t have done it if I’d even wanted to! *laughs* No, I didn’t need to exercise every day. I’ve always liked to jog every few days, but I didn’t change my routine. The only thing I did was took these pills. They’re a natural weight loss supplement called AtraFen Weight Loss Aid. They’re totally safe.” Well, is it? Let’s find out!
How Did AtraFen Weight Loss Aid Help Melissa McCarthy Lose Weight?
In straight words, AtraFen Weight Loss Aid are weight loss supplements. According to the website of AtraFen, “AtraFen is smooth, effective and perfected for quick AND maintainable results… not profit!” It is a fat burner and appetite suppressor. It burns fat by increasing thermogenesis, boosting metabolism, and increasing energy levels and mental focus. These pills are made with a pure and balanced formula that will not create a hormonal imbalance, which may lead to binge eating and unsustainable weight loss.
So, it is clear that AtraFen Weight Loss Aid targets the main causes of weight gain – slow metabolism, binge eating, low energy levels, etc. And the best part is, the good people at TMZ put it to test. And here’s the result.
Week 1 – One AtraFen supplement in the morning for a week. The major changes were an increase in energy levels and satiety levels. And this prevented binge eating and therefore helped utilize the already stored fat as the fuel source.
Week 2 & Week 3 – One AtraFen supplement in the morning throughout week 2 and 3 helped lose about 16 pounds! And although most diets tend to fizz out by this time, AtraFen kept the energy levels high and hunger levels low. The best part, no extra forceful changes in diet is required.
Week 4 – By the end of week four, a total of 42 pounds were lost!
So, now there’s a clear proof. However, if you decide to use these pills, consult your doctor first. Because a lot of times, you may be allergic to certain ingredients or certain medication that can react with your body. So, to be on the safe side, talk to your doctor.
Now, unless you eat adequate amounts of healthy food, your weight loss will not be effective. Yes, you may take AtraFen, but for how long? Avoid taking any weight loss pill for too long. The best way to lose weight is by changing your lifestyle. Melissa McCarthy understood this and started eating healthily. Here’s her weight loss diet plan.
Melissa McCarthy Weight Loss Diet
|Meals||What Melissa McCarthy Eats|
|Breakfast||Scrambled eggs with 1 oz high-quality lean protein (chicken or turkey breast) + 1 glass green smoothie made with kale/ spinach/ parsley, chia seeds, and almond milk|
|Snack||Baby carrot and hummus|
|Lunch||Green tea + vegetable and quinoa salad + 3 oz chicken or turkey breast|
|Snack||Freshly pressed juice|
|Dinner||Steamed veggies + ½ an avocado + 3 oz chicken or turkey breast|
So, you see it is quite a doable and friendly diet chart. The more veggies, whole grain, fiber, and lean protein you consume, the more nutrition you will provide your body and feel satiated. Over a period of time, you will start seeing the results of eating healthily. But Melissa did not stop here (and do we want her to?). She started working out as well. Here’s her workout plan.
Melissa McCarthy Workout Plan
Melissa is not big on working out. She told in an interview that she would jog every other day. But once she was on a weight loss mission, she worked closely with her trainer to shape up. And she did a mixed workout that worked best for her. Here’s what she did.
Strength Training (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
- Farmer’s Walk – Melissa would just pick up two dumbbells in each hand and perform lunges and walk around the gym to burn the fat in her thighs and glutes.
- Inverted Pull Ups – Smith machine bar would be set at hip height and all Melissa did was lie down, hold the bar with both hands, and try to pull her upper body close to the bar. This helped shape her arms, shoulders, and chest.
- Dumbbell Bench Press – Dumbbell bench press instead of using a bar helped her get the most out of this exercise. Her upper back, arms, chest, and shoulders were the main targets of this exercise. She did 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Dumbbell Deadlift – Using the same dumbbells, Melissa did 3 sets of 10 dumbbell deadlifts to work her lower back and glutes. She concentrated more on maintaining correct posture with exercise.
- Smith Machine Squats – Smith Machine squats was best for Melissa as it canceled out any chances of lower back injury. First, she would warm up with just the bar and then put 20 pounds on each end of the bar and do 3 sets of 12 reps.
Cardio (Tuesday And Thursday)
- Bench Press
- Leg Press
- Rowing MAchine
- Military Press
- Tricep Extension
- Bicep Curl
Apart from the diet and workout plan, there are other things that Melissa McCarthy regularly did. And if you follow them too, you will see the desired changes much more quickly. It’s all listed in the next section, take a look.
Melissa McCarthy Weight Loss Secrets
- Eat more fiber – Dietary fiber cannot be digested by humans but it can prevent fat absorption, increase satiety, prevent constipation, and improve the number and variety of good gut bacteria. Melissa included fruits, veggies, herbs, and whole grains in her diet to load up on dietary fiber.
- Check insulin levels – Insulin is secreted by the beta cells in the pancreas that help in glucose utilization. Since Melissa McCarthy’s weight was on the higher side, it was quite possible that her body was either not producing enough insulin or was insulin resistance – the end result, more blood sugar and the unused glucose being stored as fat. So check your insulin levels at regular intervals.
- Stay hydrated – Melissa McCarthy drank enough water to help flush out the toxins, and maintain the internal pH levels and homeostasis – all of which are important in weight loss.
- Protein up – Melissa made sure to eat a whole food source of protein with every meal so that she could lose the fat and build lean muscle mass. Have chicken breast, mushroom, legumes, tofu etc.
- Snack right – Chuck fries, wafers, soda, and other junk food – they are harmful and if you eat them, you are never going to lose weight. Melissa started snacking healthily on baby carrots, hummus, fruit juice, etc. so as to feel satiated and load up on all the goodness of healthy food.
- Take rest – Resting and sleeping aids weight loss. The more stressed you are, the less you will sleep or rest, and the more prone you will be to binge eating. And this will lead to weight gain. So, sleep and take rest.
- Drink water with fresh lemon – Lemon water is great for weight loss. It adds flavor, helps maintain the internal pH balance, flushes out toxins, and prevents overeating.
- Drink green tea – The antioxidants present in green tea not only scavenges the harmful free radicals, it also helps lower inflammation and inflammation-induced weight gain. Plus drinking green tea 30 minutes before every meal can increase satiety levels and prevent you from consuming more calories.
- Garcinia cambogia supplement – Melissa McCarthy used Garcinia cambogia supplements to amp up her weight loss. You must consult your doctor before taking any weight loss supplement.
Now, before we come to a close, let me address the most common problem that dieters face – preparing food that’s healthy and quick to cook. Melissa McCarthy had to give up eating junk and unhealthy food and was allowed to eat only home-cooked food. Being a celebrity, she has people doing it all for her. But what about people like us? Worry not, here are a few quick and simple recipes that are tasty and healthy and will make your job easier. Take a look.
Quick & Yummy Weight Loss Food Recipes
1. Oats And Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie
Cooking Time – 7 min
Serves – 1
Calories – 388
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup soy/almond/full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon melon seeds
How To Prepare
- Add the melon seeds and oats into a blender and blitz into a fine powder.
- Now, add the strawberries, soy/almond/full-fat milk, yogurt, and honey.
- Blitz it into a smooth and silky smoothie.
- Pour it into a tall glass and drink it for a filling and nutritious breakfast.
2. Cauliflower Rice And Pan Fried Chicken Breast Lunch
Cooking Time- 25 min Serves- 1 Calories – 179
- 3 oz chicken breast
- 10 medium-sized cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green part of scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- ¼ inch ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
How To Prepare
- Marinate the chicken with salt, soy sauce, garlic powder, and oregano for 10 minutes.
- Toss the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz until they resemble rice.
- In a pan, heat olive oil, cover, and shallow fry the chicken breast until the meat is completely cooked.
- Take it out and in the same pan, add chopped onions. Cook until they become translucent.
- Now, add the grated garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cauliflower, add ¼ cup water, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Make sure the water had completely dried and the cauliflower is cooked through.
- Remove from flame and transfer the cauliflower rice to a bowl.
- Top it with the pan-fried chicken breast and green parts of the scallion.
- Garnish with cilantro and it’s ready!
Substitute – Substitute chicken for mushrooms or tofu.
3. Kale And Quinoa Salad Dinner
Cooking Time – 30 min
Serves – 2
Calories – 265
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ boiled sweet potato
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Heat a pan and add olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until they become pink.
- Now, add the ginger and garlic powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the stock dries and the quinoa is cooked, fluff it with a fork.
- Add the boiled potato, kale, and black pepper.
- Add salt if required.
- Transfer onto a plate, garnish with chopped parsley, and eat!
So, you see, it is not really tough to fix your own meal. Or you can instruct your cook to make healthy dishes for you.
In conclusion, Melissa McCarthy put her energy and time to lose the pounds for good. Yes, the supplements helped her, but remember, nothing or no one can help transform your body unless you help yourself. If you are NOT comfortable with your weight or health condition right now, check with a doctor, and get a customized diet plan, chalk out a workout plan, and steer clear of unhealthy foods. Lastly, get inspired by the fiercely beautiful Melissa McCarthy. Cheers!
- Mariah Carey’s Stunning Transformation After Losing 25 Pounds
- 30 Ways To Lose Weight Naturally
- How To Start Losing Weight Now – 51 Different Ways
- Revealed! Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss Secrets
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Mila Kunis “Black Swan” Weight Loss Diet - June 30, 2018
- Emilia Clarke Diet And Fitness – Get A Hot Body Like Khaleesi - June 29, 2018
- Revealed! Gal Gadot’s “Wonder Woman” Workout And Diet - June 29, 2018
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Diet And Workout Plan For Weight Loss And A Toned Body - June 29, 2018
- Mama June’s 300 Lb Weight Loss – How She Dropped To Size 4 From Size 24 - June 28, 2018