Do you include walking in your everyday routine? Are you aware how immensely beneficial daily morning walking is? Regular morning walks are the most ideal and practical form of aerobic exercise, as they do not require any special equipment or gear. But in our cluttered and busy wild, we seldom realize that, right?
What are the benefits of everyday walking? How does a simple act of brisk walking benefit our life in a big way? Is morning walk good for weight loss? If you want answers to these questions, then this post is the one you should be reading!
Benefits Of Morning Walk For Weight loss:
1. Burns Calories:
Burning calories is one of the toughest tasks we face today. But with walking, the process of burning calories becomes simpler. Walking is an excellent cardiovascular exercise because it elevates your heart rate. Doing something that elevates your heart rate will burn calories and in turn, help you lose that excess weight. In order to achieve significant weight loss, you need to walk at a brisk pace. Switch up your walking routine by increasing the intensity or walk uphill to burn more calories.
[ Read: Morning Exercises for Weight Loss ]
2. Burns Fat:
According to Jessica Matthews, M.S., walking (which is a low-intensity aerobic exercise) burns 60 percent of calories from fat, whereas high-intensity aerobic exercises burn 35 percent of calories from fat. Although it is a fact that high-intensity activity burns more calories overall, low-intensity exercises are more effective in the long-term. If you stick to them, you will be able to lose the excess fat and tone up soon.
Moreover, a pre-breakfast morning walk helps you lose inches around your waist, and also reduces the blood fats that tend to clog arteries.
3. Helps In Maintaining An Ideal Body Composition:
Morning walk benefits weight loss by maintaining an ideal body composition. Walking is a low-impact activity that can help you burn calories and build muscle, particularly if you pair it with healthy food that is consumed in moderation. By walking for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, the average person can lose up to 18 pounds a year!
[ Read: Tips To Lose 20 Pounds In A Week ]
4. Boosts Your Metabolism:
Not only do morning walks jumpstart your metabolism, they also boost your metabolism which helps you burn more calories throughout the day. During aerobic exercises, your body increases its demand for energy, which in turn, increases your metabolism.
5. Helps You Tone And Build Lean Muscle:
Brisk walking or walking uphill is a form of resistance exercise. This is because your legs, calves, hamstrings, glutes, shoulder and back muscles work harder to move forward. Lower-body toning and muscle building are additional benefits of daily walking.
So if you want your muscles to be toned and stiff, you can do regular walking. It is simple, can be done anywhere and doesn’t need any special equipment.
Other Health Benefits Of Morning Walks:
Apart from helping you lose weight, some of the other health benefits of morning walks are:
- Walking increases your cardiovascular strength, thereby increasing your ability to exercise longer and harder and perform everyday tasks without getting tired.
- Regular walking strengthens your heart, delays or prevents major illnesses, reduces cholesterol and strengthens joints and bones.
- Morning walks boost your blood circulation and give you the energyto get through your day.
- Walking releases beta-endorphins, which elevate your mood and increase your sense of well-being.
- Focusing on your walking and breathing reduces stress, provides great relaxation, and can turn a routine walk into a creative and rejuvenating experience.
[ Read: Tips To Lose Weight ]
Morning walks have enormous benefits to offer! Hence, make sure you include them in your everyday routine. And if you are aware of other benefits of morning walk for weight loss, do share with us by commenting in the box below!
- Is Tummy Vibrating Belts Effective For Weight Loss?
- Is Bitter Gourd Juice Good For Weight Loss?
- All You Need To Know About Aloe Vera For Weight Loss
- How To Prepare Barley Water For Weight Loss?