Are you worried your kid is not eating properly? Do you want to come up with some ‘magic’ recipes which are both healthy and appetizing for your child? Then fret not, because Sanjeev Kapoor has come to your rescue!
Sanjeev Kapoor, as we know, is a renowned Indian chef who for the first time brought the taste and twist of the five-star hotels on television so that everyone can prepare such dishes at home. He was the first Indian celebrity who belonged to the hospitality industry and till date remains the most famous.
So want to know how you can keep your kid hooked to your dishes? Then read on!
Sanjeev Kapoor Recipes For Kids – Top 5:
1. Paneer Frankie:
This is a special kid’s recipe taken from the famous book of Sanjeev Kapoor – ‘Fun Food for Fussy Kids’. This Sanjeev Kapoor recipe for kids is a type of snack that requires medium cooking. Since paneer is a rich protein source, it is nutritional as well as flavorful.
- 150 gms Paneer, crumbled
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt for seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red chili powder
Serving: Green chutney, chaat masala and 4 tsp finely chopped onions
- Mix whole-wheat flour and salt.
- Add sufficient water to make a firm dough and leave it aside for 15 minutes covering it with a damp cloth.
- Take a non-stick pan and add oil.
- Heat the pan and add tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, coriander powder.
- Stir and cook until the excess moisture has dried completely.
- Add lemon juice and paneer. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Divide this mixture into four equal parts and keep them aside.
- Divide the wheat flour dough into four parts and make four rotis.
- Place each of the rotis on a non-stick tawa and cook on low heat drizzling oil from the sides until both the sides are cooked evenly.
- Spread the green chutney on the roti and then one portion of the paneer and vegetable mixture on it.
- Sprinkle chat masala and finely cut onions over it and roll the roti into a Frankie.
- Serve wrapped in aluminum foil.
2. Triple Chocolate Mousse:
Use of both dark and milk chocolate in this recipe makes it more interesting for the kids. Preparation is easy and quick and with practice, you can add your own twists to the taste according to the liking of your children.
- 200 gms dark chocolate, grated
- 200 gms milk chocolate, grated
- 200 gms white chocolate, grated
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp gelatin dissolved in water
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Melt the three chocolates in three different bowls by keeping them in the microwave for a minute.
- Mix the three chocolates in one bowl and again heat them in microwave for a minute.
- Take out the bowl from the microwave, add sugar powder and whisk.
- Add gelatin and whisk finely.
- Finally, add whipped cream and mix.
- Transfer the content in small serving bowls and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Serve cold.
3. Tri-layered And Tricolored Sandwiches:
What looks tempting attracts the kids more. So if you want your kids to eat what you prepare, you need to make it look colorful so that they are tempted to eat it. This colorful recipe is tasty as well as tempting!
- 8 brown bread slices
- 4 white bread slices
For Orange Layer:
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
For Green Layer:
- 1 cup paneer, grated
- 4 tbsp green chutney
- Salt to taste
- Mix the carrots, salt and mayonnaise together to prepare the orange layer.
- Mix green chutney, salt, cottage cheese to prepare the green layer.
- Take a brown bread slice and spread green layer over it evenly.
- Place white bread slice over it and spread orange layer over it evenly.
- Top it with a brown bread slice and press gently.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers and serve.
[ Read: Sanjeev Kapoor Egg Recipes ]
4. Chocolate Souffle:
Here comes one of the quickest recipes for kids by Sanjeev Kapoor. Chocolate is everybody’s favorite and kids love it more. Hence, anything that is flavored with chocolate goes well with the young generation. This chocolate soufflé is a microwave recipe and can be prepared very quickly.
- 250 gms dark chocolate, grated
- ¾ tbsp butter
- ½ cup refined flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Keep the chocolate in a bowl and place it in the microwave so that it melts.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat butter in it.
- Add refined flour and sauté.
- Slowly add milk to make the base of the soufflé ready.
- Take out the melted chocolate from microwave and add it to the soufflé base with the heat turned off.
- Mix the ingredients well and transfer it into a bowl. Keep it aside to cool.
- Add half of the caster sugar and mix well.
- Preheat the microwave oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take egg whites in another bowl and add remaining caster sugar slowly and keep on whipping till the mixture has soft peaks.
- Add this egg mixture to the chocolate soufflé base and mix well.
- Pour this mixture in greased soufflé moulds and bake for 12 to 14 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve chilled or warm.
5. Carmelized Banana Crepes:
A French dessert, this dish is very delicious and you can serve it for lunch or dinner. The level of cooking is medium and hence you can always manage to find time for preparing this one.
- 500 gms ripe bananas
- 125 gms refined flour
- 35 milliliters milk
- 3 beaten eggs
- 500 gms sugar
- 50 gms ghee
- 50 gms brown sugar
- 50 gms butter
- 100 gms Mascarpone cheese
- Take a bowl and mix refined flour and sugar in it.
- Slowly pour milk and whisk to form a lump-free batter.
- Add ghee and eggs and again mix well.
- Keep the mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and chop them.
- Take non-stick pan and melt butter.
- Add bananas, brown sugar and cook by constantly stirring till a thick sauce is formed.
- Take another non-stick pan and heat it.
- Pour the batter and swirl the mixture to make an uniform and thin crepe.
- Spread the banana mixture with a spoon over the crepe and top with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
- Fold the crepe and serve hot.
With these must try Sanjeev Kapoor recipes for kids, you no longer need to worry about your kids getting the right nutrition. Appetizing and nutritious at the same time, these dishes will make you the ‘Super Mom’ in no time! Try them today!
Are you aware of any other delicious recipes for kids? Share with us in the comments section!
- 5 Delicious Indian Food Recipes For Kids
- 5 Mouthwatering Egg Recipes For Kids
- Top 10 Yummy Snack Recipes For Kids
- Top 5 Mouthwatering Chocolate Recipes For Kids
- 5 Delicious Apple Recipes Your Kids Will Love
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide A Cure For Sinus Infection? - August 10, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015