A smile that adds a twinkle to your eyes makes life so very beautiful.
A smile just makes you happier! Adding some color to that smile is icing on cake. A lip gloss leaves your lips sticky and a lipstick needs constant touch ups. Hassle.
A better option is the lip stain. They stay for long and are not sticky at all. Added advantage is that you can make it yourself.
Why use lip stains?
- Even color
- Sober finish
- More staying power
- If they are homemade, no chemicals either
Usually being thin, lip stains give a natural tint of color to your lips. It’s easy to prepare the natural lip stains. Some fruits and vegetables from your kitchen may turn into your natural lip stain with simple steps.
Let’s delve into preparing our own lip stains with some yummy recipes.Check below for some interesting yummy lip stain recipes that you can make of your own.
Best Natural Lip Stains – Preparation Methods
Natural Lip Stain With Berries:
Choose berries of different kinds to achieve the colour you want, ranging from pinks, reds to purples.
- Mash four berries well and extract the pure juice from them.
- This juice can be applied over your lips and allowed to dry for a natural stain. However, adding a bit of olive oil or Vaseline gives a glossy look to your lips.
- You can even add a touch of espresso powder for a darker hue
Beetroot Lip Stain for Pigmented Lips:
Berry stain is a delicate tinted color. In case we need to beautify pigmented lips. Beetroots can hide them and give a lovely dark tint.
- Grate half a teaspoon of beeswax and melt it in a double boiler.
- A teaspoon of olive oil should be added to this melted beeswax .Immediately switch off the stove
- Now mix required beetroot powder to the mixture and stir well.Alternatively you can use strained mashed beetroot pulp.
- Store this lip stain in a small and clean container. Regular use of this lip stain results in soft and pink lips.
[ Read: Benefits of Beetroot ]
So, are you ready? Which natural lip stain recipe you are going to try at home?
As a quickie you can also opt for a convenient lip stain that is not natural .Chip an eyeshadow and add a bit of rose water to it. Apply this colored liquid on your lips and allow drying for a quick and long lasting lip stain. Make sure to use a good branded eyeshadow for this.
As a fun experiment try using children drink powders like Strawberry or cherry kool aids / rasna. Mix with a teeny amount of water and layer on using fingers / Ear buds.
These natural ingredients give a good healthy look. They will nourish and hydrate your skin too.
A few tips to remember for DIY stains
- Always store the lip stains in the fridge or in the freezer for longevity
- Check the stains periodically for any fungal growth as they are preservative free
- You can even use these stains as blushers or cheek stains. Simply Dot and blend
Did you like this article? Do comment and tell us!
- The Body Shop Lip And Cheek Stain Reviews
- How To Use Colorbar Kiss Proof Lip Stain?
- Essence Lip Liner Benefits
Latest posts by Lancy (see all)
- Top 50 Hairstyles For Professional Women - August 22, 2012
- Shiny Nails Secret - August 20, 2012
- Greasy Scalp and Brittle Ends – How to Treat? - July 31, 2012
- 9 Simple Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Secrets For Face - June 18, 2012
- How To Make Natural Lip Stains – 2 DIY Lip Stain Recipes - April 21, 2012