Natural lip stains are ideal for coloring your lips without turning them greasy or dark. Unlike lipsticks that need regular touch-ups, organic lip stains are long-lasting and customizable.
In addition, natural lip stains give you a decent finish and color, making your lips appear extravagantly plump and juicy.
A beautiful smile reflects the twinkle in your eyes, and when the smile has color, it is like icing on the cake. Check out some of the best lip stain recipes you can conveniently prepare at your home. Keep reading!
- General Ingredients: General Ingredients Coconut oil, beeswax, rose water, cocoa powder, vitamin E oil, and some essential oils.
- For Dry Lips: General Ingredients Natural ingredients such as castor seed oil, shea butter, beeswax, aloe vera, honey hydrate and plump the lips.
- For Dark Lips: General Ingredients Use olive oil, cucumber juice, strawberry, sugar, and almond oil to lighten dark lips.
- Storage: General Ingredients Try reusing old and empty cream boxes to store your homemade lip stain in it.
In This Article
Why Use Lip Stains?
There are multiple reasons why going natural and making your own DIY lip stains is a good idea. Here are a few.
- Naturally pigmented even color
- Sober finish
Usually being thin, lip stains give a natural tint of color to your lips. It’s easy to prepare the natural lip stains. Some fruits, vegetables, and other botanical ingredients from your backyard can turn into hydrating, nourishing, safe, and sustainable lip staining products through simple recipes.
Let’s delve into preparing our own lip stains with some yummy recipes. Check below for some interesting yummy lip stain recipes that you can make of your own.
Best Natural Lip Stains – Preparation Methods
Natural Lip Stain With Berries
Choose berries of different kinds to achieve the colour you want, ranging from pinks, reds to purples.
- Mash four berries well and extract the pure juice from them.
- This juice can be applied over your lips and allowed to dry for a natural stain. However, adding a bit of olive oil or Vaseline gives a glossy look to your lips.
- You can even add a touch of espresso powder for a darker hue
Beetroot Lip Stain For Pigmented Lips
Berry stain is a delicate tinted color. In case we need to beautify pigmented lips. Beetroots can hide them and give a lovely dark tint.
- Grate half a teaspoon of beeswax and melt it in a double boiler.
- A teaspoon of olive oil should be added to this melted beeswax .Immediately switch off the stove
- Now mix required beetroot powder to the mixture and stir well. Alternatively you can use strained mashed beetroot pulp.
- Store this lip stain in a small and clean container. Regular use of this lip stain results in soft and pink lips.
Immy Maryam, a beauty YouTuber, shared her personal experience with making DIY beetroot lip stains. She states, “The base ingredient that I recommend getting is beetroot powder (i).” She also shares that it is one of her favorite lip tints since it does not carry any harmful chemicals and also features aloe vera gel for more natural goodness.
So, are you ready? Which natural lip stain recipe you are going to try at home?
As a quickie you can also opt for a convenient lip stain that is not natural .Chip an eyeshadow and add a bit of rose water to it. Apply this colored liquid on your lips and allow drying for a quick and long lasting lip stain. Make sure to use a good branded eyeshadow for this.
As a fun experiment try using children’s drink powders like strawberry or cherry kool aids/rasna. Mix with a teeny amount of water and put a layer on your lips using fingers/ear buds.
These natural ingredients give a good healthy look. They will nourish and hydrate your skin too.
A few tips to remember for DIY stains
- Always store the lip stains in the fridge or in the freezer for longevity.
- As these are natural, plant-based recipes, check the stains periodically for any fungal growth as they are preservative free.
- You can even use these stains as blushers or cheek stains. Simply dot and blend.
Did you like this article? Do comment and tell us!
Infographic: How To Apply Lip Stain: A Detailed Guide
Lip stains give your lips a flushed look without feeling heavy and sticky. They are simple to use and provide superb coverage all day long. In addition, lip tints may make your pout appear fuller and smooth if used correctly. Check out the infographic below to learn how to prep your pout and apply lip stains.
Lip stains have gained popularity over lipsticks for their lightweight texture, color payoff, and the natural flush they give to the lips. However, if you do not prefer to buy commercial lip stains, you may follow the sustainable recipes we have shared and prepare natural lip stains at home. These are natural recipes that use non-toxic ingredients and add a freshness to your appearance. They are completely safe and a healthy alternative to your chemical cosmetic products. They look and feel gorgeous on the lips, are extremely gentle, and are easy to prepare. The best part is – you can also use them as cheek tints. So follow the instructions above and gift yourself a self-made lip stain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you peel-off lip stains?
Yes, you must peel off lip stains to reveal the gorgeous wash of color that it leaves behind on your lips.
What is the difference between a lip stain and lipstick?
Lipstick and lip stains give the lips color, although they do it in different ways. A lip stain stains your lips, and its color lasts all day. Lipstick adheres to the lips’ surface but fades throughout the day and requires reapplication. Lipstick is typically produced as a solid, whereas lip stains are more of a gloss or gel.
Are natural lip stains safe for sensitive skin and people with allergies?
Lip stains are usually safe for people as they are made from natural ingredients. However, if you are allergic to natural ingredients that may be present in the lip stain, you should avoid using them.
How long do natural lip stains last and do they require touch-ups throughout the day?
Natural lip stains generally last for 12 hours so touch-ups are usually not required.
Can natural lip stains be layered for a more intense color payoff?
You can layer natural lip stain with a lip gloss of the same color for an intense color payoff and glossy finish.
How do I choose the right shade of natural lip stain for my skin tone and color?
First, observe whether you have warm or cool undertones. Then, take a look at your natural lip color by noticing the inner lip color, which is the natural stain you want to achieve. Swatch the lip stain on your fingertip or cheek to see if they are your match and if yes, voila, you have the right shade of lip stain.
What are some popular brands of natural lip stains and where can I purchase them?
Fenty Beauty, L’Oreal Paris, and Sephora. You can either purchase them online or at their retail stores.
How do I properly remove natural lip stains?
Lip stains are designed to stay, hence removing them is a bit of a task. You can use makeup remover to remove the outer layer of the stain. However, you need a lip scrub to remove it from the inside.
- Lip stains are a favored cosmetic item for naturally long-lasting lip color.
- Cherries, beets, or even berries are mashed and extracted widely for making natural lip stains. Use oil or Vaseline for an added glow and beeswax to set it.
- A quick lip stain making solution is to use a bit of good-quality eyeshadow and blending it with some rosewater.
- DIY lip stains don’t include toxic substances like parabens, perfumes, or petroleum; hence, they are better for the skin than conventional lipsticks; furthermore, you can create the desired color by combining various components.
Learn how to make your eyes look bigger and brighter with this easy makeup tutorial! Get ready to transform your look and make your eyes pop!