Crying is quite a natural human reaction. Tears do not wait for the perfect privacy of time and space, and that is why one must invest in good-quality cry-proof makeup.
Life may throw surprising curveballs at you, but you can ensure that you face them without makeup products streaming down your face and turning you into a zombie. The bleeding eyeliner and mascara just add to the awkwardness and discomfort you may already be in that moment.
We all want our makeup to last longer, be sweat-proof, budge-proof, and overall more durable. However, the need for frequent touch-ups is frankly annoying! To perfect the art of cry-proof makeup, you must invest in good products and try out some insider tips and tricks discussed here. Keep scrolling!
- Cleansing: Cleansing It is important that you remove all makeup before applying fresh makeup to reduce the risk of makeup disasters.
- Perfectly Blended Lips: Cleansing Applying lipstick using your fingertips helps blend it evenly and increases its staying power.
- Prepping The Eyes: Cleansing Always prep the skin around the eyes before applying eye makeup for a youthful and radiant look and long-lasting finish.
In This Article
Cry Proof Makeup Tips:
1. Cleanse –Your face needs to be totally clean without any traces of yesterday’s makeup to start with. When you wake up in the morning, you might have noticed some amount of oil on your face. This can be observed more if you have oily skin. This oil gets secreted while you sleep. With the oil, there will be traces of makeup which was supposed to have been removed. Any stray trace of makeup that remains on the skin comes out with the oil secretion at night when you are fast asleep. So don’t directly wash your face – take damp cotton and clean your face. After this, wash your face with face wash and pat dry. Your canvas is ready!
2. Primer –Start off with a primer like Studio Finish primers. Using primers holds your makeup in place for a longer time. Primers help the cosmetics to cling on to your skin longer and also, they conceal and brighten the skin to some extent.
3. Concealer –Apply concealer with a sponge moistened in plain water. Concealers cancel out skin imperfections and make you appear flawless. Use the appropriate concealers – under the eye, blemishes, acne etc. Get help if you need it. Ask the sales assistant.
4. Foundation – Apply the foundation with a sponge. Foundations help give a perfect canvas for the makeup looks. They make the skin appear even and also cancel out the imperfections. The pore size is minimized too.
5. Pat on some compact – Powder helps achieve a matte look and control oil secretion. In fact, the best way to look fresh is to dab the oil away with a light hand and apply compact. Try and use compacts with SPF for added sun protection.
A blogger offers advice on cry-proof makeup, stating, “I put on foundation so people don’t see the first signs of when I’m about to cry. I powder my face to make sure everything is locked in for the day… I pick an eyeshadow that gives a natural glossy look to the eye so I’m not questioned when they start to leak. I top it off with mascara to force myself not to smudge it (i).”
6. Liner –Use a soft liner for the lips. Liners help define the lips – here is where you can also avoid bleeding on lipsticks. Take the lipstick of your choice, and using your finger tip, apply it to your lips. For longer stay, use a tissue and press your lips to it by keeping it between them. Now, again apply another coat of lipstick either with fingertips or a lip brush. This increases the staying power of the lipstick.
7. Gloss –Apply gloss if you want to. Gloss helps the lipstick stay longer as the stickiness is an added bonus.
8. Preparation –For cry proof eye makeup, make sure the skin around the eyes is prepped too – always follow the sequence that you followed for your face – first the primer, then the concealer and then the foundation!
9. Eye Shadow –Try and use a cream shadow rather than a powdered shadow. Creamy products obviously stay longer. Waterproof eyeliner will complete the look. Use a kajal which stays for a long time. Don’t forget the coat of waterproof mascara to open those beautiful eyes.
You can try hyper-curling mascara like L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Lash that comes in a great waterproof formula. You can also use our very favorite Maybelline hyper curl volume express mascara.
10. Finishing Spray –Finish off with a finishing spray. There is nothing like it to hold your makeup.
Worried about your mascara streaking? Discover the ultimate guide to cry-proof makeup. This video is packed with expert advice to keep your makeup flawless, even during those emotional moments.
Infographic: Tips To Make Your Makeup Cry-Proof
Makeup running down your face after bursting into tears is no novelty, but if it happens when you are not in the comfort of your own home, it can be embarrassing. While it is smart to invest in cry-proof makeup products, at times, you also need some additional help to make sure that your makeup doesn’t run down your face because you shed tears. Say goodbye to constant touch-ups by following out the tips mentioned in the infographic below.
So, ladies, now that you know everything you need to know about cry-proof makeup, you can laugh till you get that tummy ache and shed your happy tears. All the makeup tips and tricks shared in the article will ensure that your happy tears do not ruin your makeup and you look flawless till the day ends. These tips would let the makeup stay-put like the resilient and unyielding woman you are! All you have to do is follow the tips and practice till you get it all perfect. So go ahead and get started right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is cry-proof makeup suitable for all skin types?
Cry-proof is for people who frequently cry or perspire. Some people may have skin sensitivity or allergy; hence, it might not be appropriate for all skin types.
How does cry-proof makeup hold up against sweat and oil?
This type of makeup can withstand sweat, tears, and oil for all-day wear. The brand and formulation may have an impact on the degree of resistance.
What is the difference between cry-proof makeup and tear-proof makeup?
When referring to makeup that can survive tears or sobbing without blurring or running, the terms “cry-proof makeup”, “tear-proof makeup”, and even “tear-resistant makeup” are sometimes used interchangeably.
How do you properly remove cry-proof makeup?
You can use an oil-based makeup remover or a soft, waterproof eye makeup remover to effectively remove cry-proof makeup.
How do you make your makeup stay longer? Shoot in comments and let us know!
- Cleansing allows your makeup to stay longer.
- A primer can hydrate your skin and avoid flaking.
- A compact powder helps set your foundation and concealer.
- A finishing spray helps set and hold your makeup.