As per Harvard Medical School, monounsaturated fats constitute 75% of olive oil, which lower bad cholesterol and offer powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection (1).
There is no doubt olive oil is one of the healthiest (if not the healthiest) oils on the planet. Hundreds of studies have proven it already (2). But that throws a challenge too – which one to choose? There are several brands. Which of those can you trust?
Hence, this post. After working through consumer reviews and other forms of data, we have compiled a list of the top ten olive oil brands in India. This should give you an idea as to which brand to pick the next time you head to the nearest supermarket. Keep reading.
Table Of Contents
This oil is extracted within 24 hours of harvesting of olives. Being an excellent source of vitamin E, it not only boosts skin health – but also promotes heart health and metabolism.
This olive oil brand makes for a healthy substitute for butter. It can also be used in dressings and dips.
- Great quality
- Pleasant flavor
- Trusted brand among consumers
This oil is unrefined, and the brand ensures most nutrients are retained in the oil. These nutrients include vitamins A and E, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.
Applying the oil to the face or body offers great moisturization and keeps the skin smooth and supple. You can use this as a makeup remover as well – add two drops to a cotton ball and gently wipe the makeup off your skin.
- Helps smooth skin and even treats acne
Del Monte is an Italian brand. This oil is known to be derived from cold extraction of olives within 24 hours of harvesting. It is perfect for sautéing, roasting, baking, and frying.
- Effective for body massage as well as salads
- Some deliveries have been from old stock – please check the date
This oil is especially effective in smoothing cracked heels. You can also use this for toning your skin and strengthening your hair. Morpheme Remedies claims to use only natural and organic ingredients – which is why it works great for cooking as well.
- Free of parabens, sulfates, and artificial colors
- Has anti-aging benefits
- Helps remove makeup easily
- Issues with taste, when used for cooking
The mild taste of this oil makes it easy to add to most dishes. Bertolli Olive Oil is stable even at high temperatures, and hence, it works best for frying and roasting. And given this is a Mediterranean brand, the quality is supreme.
- Reasonably priced
- Good to use as baby oil as well
- Good packaging
- May not be suitable for all skin types
This is another oil from a Mediterranean brand. The oil is manufactured and packed in Spain, and the brand guarantees 100% quality.
You can use this oil for roasting, baking, and even frying. In Indian dishes, this oil can be used in the place of ghee. You can also use this oil for dressing salads, marinating and grilling dishes, in pasta preparations, and adding to steamed veggies.
- Great packaging
- Acceptable taste
- Issues with product quantity
Soulflower oil works particularly well for moisturizing and conditioning your skin. It works well for all skin types. Made from 100% pure and naturally cold-pressed olives, this olive oil variety comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Softens and smooths skin
- Can help reduce hair fall too
- Reasonably priced
Mature olives are handpicked between November and February, post which they are taken to a mill and crushed to make a paste. Figaro Olive Oil is a mixture of refined olive oil (though only in small amounts) and extra virgin olive oil – that makes for a pleasant aroma and taste.
The maximum acidity is less than 1%.
- Useful for multiple purposes (skin health, cooking, etc.)
- Especially good for babies and their sensitive skin
- Issues with packaging
This brand hails from the Mediterranean region. The Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world, and olive oil is an important part of it. The oil has a light flavor and a high smoking point and hence works quite well for Indian cooking.
The oil can be used for roasting, frying, and baking.
- The high smoking point so works well for Indian cooking
- Reasonably priced
- Excellent packaging
- Some deliveries have been from old stock. So, please check the date before making your purchase.
This thick fruity oil is extracted from high-quality olives. Replete with vitamins, minerals, and proteins, the oil works well as a moisturizer for dry skin. You can also use the oil for treating minor wounds and burns, and inflammation.
The oil also contains important fatty acids (like oleic acid) and vitamin E – which further help tone the skin and protect from UV exposure.
- Effective in improving skin health
- Helps remove makeup
- Packaging issues (though rare)
Olive oil is replete with essential nutrients and other fatty acids, which is why including it in your diet and skin care routine is a good idea. We hope this list has given you an idea as to which brand to choose. Go ahead, make a wise choice.
Let us know about your experience by leaving a message in the comments section below.
- “Is extra-virgin olive oil extra healthy?”. Harvard Medical School.
- “Potential health benefits of olive oil and plant…”. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, US National Library of Medicine.
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- Coconut Oil Side Effects: High Cholesterol, Diarrhea, And More - September 10, 2020
- Eleuthero: Is This Medicinal Herb Really Safe? - October 9, 2019
- Selenium Deficiency: 6 Serious Ways It Can Affect You - September 9, 2019
- Hypnosis For Weight Loss - August 28, 2019
- 7 Oil Pulling Benefits For Better Health + How To Do It - May 22, 2019