She was first spotted 13 years ago, subtly holding Prince William’s hand. The world fell in love with absolutely everything about her – her poignant personality, endearing smile, and impeccable sense of style. Women all around the world adore her fashion statements, and she manages to charm us all consistently. She has been under the scrutiny of the fashion police ever since she became the Dutchess.
From her first sighting as a college student to a royal, she has been consistently giving us all style goals. It’s not surprising that she has a huge virtual real estate dedicated to her because we can never get enough of her. We secretly want to (love to) replicate some of those looks. And, I have to admit, I’m a fan too (a big one). So, I have traipsed through a million looks of hers to come up with the choicest few and give you guys a peek into the royal closet.
I promise it will be a feast for your eyes.
1. Kate Middleton’s Wedding Dress
Kate Middleton’s wedding dress is, by far, the most talked about wedding attire. Even to this day, it continues to be “that dress” most brides take inspiration from. It was designed by Alexander McQueen in collaboration with Sarah Button to keep up with the royal traditions, yet with modern touches to match her style. Her earrings were gifted by her parents, and the Cartier Halo tiara was lent by the Queen. The veil that held the precious tiara was handmade by the Royal School of Needlework. The stunning dress was made of Chantilly lace trains. Kate Middleton’s wedding gown remains a masterpiece, and no one will ever stop talking about it.
- What She Wore – Alexander McQueen And Sarah Burton Dress, Cartier Halo Tiara, and earrings gifted by her parents.
- Where She Wore It – The Royal Wedding.
2. Kate Middleton In A Red Jacket
The Duchess of Cambridge won hearts all over again by paying a visit to the RAF Air Cadets on Valentine’s day. She was elegant and poised in her dressing – just how it was supposed to be. She was in skinny jeans, a deep red jacket, and a polo neck black T-shirt, and her hair was neatly tied for the most part. Of course, the highlight of the look was her boots.
- What She Wore– Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini blazer and Stuart Weitzman boots.
- Where She Wore It – The royal visit to the RAF Air Cadets.
3. Kate In A Split Gown
Elegant outfits are a staple in Duchess fashion statements. Kate Middleton is always on point, and there’s hardly a miss. She does not shy away from trying outfits that are offbeat. Here is one such dress she sported at the Hollywood premiere of the movie A Street Cat Named Bob. She wore a long crochet maxi dress with a thigh high slit, which was beyond stunning. And the best part, obviously, is the subtle color block she managed with the suede pumps.
- What She Wore– Self-portrait maxi dress, a clutch from Mulberry, and pumps from Gianvito Rossi.
- Where She Wore It – Premiere of A Street Cat Named Bob to support her organization Action On Addiction.
4. Kate In Forest Green Temperley Gown
The Duchess Of Cambridge showed up at the red carpet with a bang. The long emerald green gown with overarching lace, a sweetheart neckline, and a matching belt just made her look amazing.
- What She Wore– Temperley London, which is her most sought out label, McDonough earrings, and Amethyst earrings.
- Where She Wore It – BAFTA awards and National Portrait Gallery Gala.
5. Kate Middleton In A Royal Blue Dress
Her polka dot royal blue gown swept people off their feet the minute she stepped out to enter the venue. It was fierce, elegant, and stylish. The soft makeup and deep blue eyeliner upped the style quotient of the already gorgeous outfit.
- What She Wore– A royal blue long dress by Saloni, an Indian designer.
- Where She Wore It – Reception dinner hosted by Prince William before the royal trip to India and Bhutan.
6. Kate In A Powder Blue Dress
She wore an effacing two piece powder blue suit that cinched at the waist. The ruffled blazer and the pencil skirt – we can never get enough of them. Her pearl earrings were meant for the occasion, and a chignon updo complemented them all.
- What She Wore– A dress from Catherine Walker, who was a sought out designer by her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana.
- Where She Wore It – One day visit to Rotterdam and The Hague.
7. Kate In Casuals
Kate Middleton’s casual style is an inspiration for so many women and something we all can easily replicate. However, the output is nothing close to how she looks in typical statements like these. She is the Duchess for a reason.
- What She Wore– Striped T-shirt by Ralph Lauren, jacket from Smythe, and blue wedges by Stuart Weitzman.
- Where She Wore It – For the royal visit to the Olympic park for a sports athlete workshop.
8. Kate In A Long Black Dress
The secret to her hit formula is being minimalistic, and it works wonders every single time. Her accessories are pretty much earrings, a clutch, and a lovely pair of shoes. They are similar yet so different, and that’s what sets her apart. The plunge V-neckline with a black lace overlay on a nude fabric is just perfect.
- What She Wore– Lace gown from her favorite designer, Temperley London.
- Where She Wore It – At the red carpet, for the premiere of War Horse.
9. Kate In An Elegant Lilac Dress
She’s known to dazzle in subtle and simple colors. In an elegant lavender silk Chinoiserie dress and a sparkling waist belt, this Kate Middleton outfit is urbane, royal and classy. We love how she amps up the look with a clutch, bracelet, and peep-toes. The dress that trains down into a perfect pirouette is just as classy.
- What She Wore– The lavender color gown was from Alexander McQueen.
- Where She Wore It – The Duchess and Prince William at the BAFTA Awards in Los Angeles.
10. Kate Middleton In A Jenny Packham Gown
The Duchess Of Cambridge changed into three different gowns in one evening at the British Embassy in France. She wore a svelte glittering gown that was embellished from head to toe. The sheer bateau neckline and arm length sleeves brought the best in her.
- What She Wore – The dress was from Jenny Packham and shoes were from Oscar de la Renta.
- Where She Wore It – This was the third dress at the Royal’s recent visit to the British Embassy in Paris.
11. Lover’s Knot Tiara
You know how sometimes just one accessory makes all the difference? Yes, except for the Duchess Of Cambridge, it is her tiara. A tiara that has been passed on to her from the late Princess Diana who, in turn, got this as a wedding gift from the Queen. This is the second time Kate Middleton has been spotted wearing the Lover’s Knot tiara. The Jenny Packham red dress, the diamond earrings, and tiara were just made for her.
- What She Wore– Dress is from Jenny Packham.
- Where She Wore It – Lover’s Knot tiara.
12. Kate Middleton In India
The royal visit to India and Bhutan had people tuning in for so many reasons. And the best part of her trip was that Kate chose an Indian designer to dress her up, which left the designer overwhelmed with joy. The breezy georgette summer outfit fit her beautifully, and she single-handedly swept everyone off their feet when she playfully went on Mumbai’s cricket ground to participate in a bat and ball game. Her nude wedges went quite well with the outfit, and it was a perfect six (if you know what I mean).
- What She Wore– In Anita Dongre’s Summer collection ‘Love Notes’.
- Where She Wore It – During their royal visit to India.
13. In A Powder Blue Suit Dress
By now, it is established that Kate Middleton’s fashion is always on a high note, there are no two ways about it. And for something as big as the National Service to mark the 90th birthday of HH The Queen, Kate was a visual treat. She looked like a dream walking in the woolen coat dress in an elegant shade of powder blue.
- What She Wore– Wool dress by designers Rosa and Melrose, and a Jane Taylor hat.
- Where She Wore It – National service at St.Paul’s Cathedral for the Queen’s 90th birthday.
14. Printed Trousers And Blazer
It was a surprise visit by the royal couple to the Eden project because of the weather conditions. But Kate manages to always dress according to the occasion. She looked ravishing in an ankle length trouser, a plain white T-shirt, and a blazer that all came together perfectly. She looks great in business casuals, doesn’t she?
- What She Wore– The navy blue Smythe Button, ankle length trousers, and monsoon fleur wedges.
- Where She Wore It – For the Eden project at Cornwall with her husband, Prince William.
15. Trek Suit
The Duchess Of Cambridge tweaked her style statement to accommodate their trip to India. On Day 2 of their Bhutan tour, she traded the fancy dress with a simple pair of denims, linen shirt, waistcoat, and a pair of boots for the long trip uphill.
- What She Wore – A classic linen blouse, waistcoat, and long tassel boots.
- Where She Wore It – During the Royal visit to Bhutan, they went on a trek to the monastery in Paro Taktsang.
I’m sure you now agree that we can never get enough of her. I cannot stop thinking how effortlessly stunning she looks even while carrying two kids around, amongst the million other things that she does. Whether it is rewearing Lady Diana’s clothes, sporting high street fashion or being in casuals like a girl next door, she is all about grace and charm. A Royal, indeed. We cannot stop admiring her for everything she is and will be. And, by the way, if you’re anything like me, you must be drooling over her! What are her best looks according to you? Comment in the box below!
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- 15 Stylish Plus Size Cardigans - July 10, 2018
- Simple And Affordable Wedding Dresses – Best Online Stores To Buy From - July 6, 2018
- Cute Plus Size Summer Dresses - July 2, 2018
- Semi-Formal Attire For Women - July 2, 2018
- 11 Best Stylish Winter Boots For Women - June 29, 2018