I’m always lazing around in a casual kurta or something basic, not to forget a messy bun. But, weddings invariably get me excited. Do you feel a sense of belonging here? You are not alone. Again, I am also the same person who sometimes loves flashing a saree around. Besides, ornating can be a lot of fun too. From choosing the designs and blouses to accessorizing and putting them all together, sporting the traditional Indian wear can be quite an enjoyable experience for those who love to deck up.
So, while at it, I decided to write about one of the most profound Indian designs that I adore—Paithani. A luxurious, gracious and opulent design that is known for its kaleidoscope effect, with square oblique borders and, distinct colors across the length and breadth of the saree.
Top 20 Paithani Saree Designs
- Hot Pink And Parrot Green Bordered Saree
- Burnt Orange And Diya Motifs Design
- Indigo Blue With Peacock Monogram
- Parrot Green And Powdered Blue Polka Dots Design
- Black And Green Saree With Meena Booti Design
- Olive Green And Gold Lotus Design
- Ink Blue Saree With Polka Dots Design
- Light Blue Saree And Orange Pallu Paithani Design
- Coral And Fuchsia Pink With Bangdi Motif
- Lilac, Gold And Purple Zari Saree
- Ice Blue And Purple Saree With Peacock Design
- Sepia Brown And Crimson Red Saree
- Pink Saree With Taupe Colored Pallu
- Electric Blue And Crimson Red Saree
- Baby Pink And Lilac With Peacock Motifs
- Parrot Green Body And Orange Embellished Pallu
- White And Chilli Red Saree With Oblique Border
- Checked Body And Orange Pallu
- Purple Saree With Gold Bangdi Booti And Oblique Border
- Orange Saree With Paisley Design And Real Zari
1. Hot Pink And Parrot Green Bordered Saree
Everything about this saree is rich and screams grandeur. The muted self-design that subtly elevates the golden motifs and this majestic zari bordered saree will be a value addition to a bride’s trousseau or for just about anyone really. The pallu design is what makes this saree stand out. The cosmic round zari design with a mix of parrot, algae green and a tinge of pink makes all the difference.
2. Burnt Orange And Diya Motifs Design
Designers are extensively using this color for lehengas, half-sarees, dresses and sarees. The best part about burnt orange is, it is not over the top and evaporates the gaudy element out of the equation when you choose orange as a color choice. In fact, you will see that a lot of paithani saree designs use colours that are bright but still elegant. The violet diya motifs with hues of blue all over and bottle green zari border makes this a stunning piece.
3. Indigo Blue With Peacock Monogram
The peacock leitmotifs are a constant in Nauvari/Paithani sarees. They are the symbols of elegance and beauty; I couldn’t agree more. And, Indigo is a color that never fails you. It bursts fervor, particularly for ethnic dresses. I loved this deep azure blue saree with golden polka dots design, golden thread border embellished with peacock motifs and a thin lavender lining. The pallu is the showstopper in most paithani sarees, and comes with a rich zari thread work.
4. Parrot Green And Powdered Blue Polka Dots Design
A beautiful combination of two subtle shades of green and blue to arrive at an exquisite saree is a brilliant idea. Polka has been an eternal design and charms any ensemble. Plus, a saree with a distinctive blend of typical shades, is not something you see every day. It will definitely set you apart from the crowd.
5. Black And Green Saree With Meena Booti Design
This is one color I can never get enough of, and I am sure most of you agree too. It is a domineering shade in my closet, but the excitement remains the same for every new purchase. It is an excellent canvas that uplifts any design and optimizes the beauty of conception. This black silk saree with meena booti—a standard design for paithani sarees and the regal gold, green border is a stunner. Team it up with a bold green bindi and jhumkas to slay it in style.
6. Olive Green And Gold Lotus Design
A typical paithani is all about exquisite zari work, vibrant colours and a hefty border (mostly in gold). This checks off all the elements of an authentic paithani saree. And, you will know when you see one. The trademark akruti print throughout the body, resplendent pallu with lotus designs and colored floral zari work is worth the investment.
7. Ink Blue Saree With Polka Dots Design
A nauvari saree, drenched in deep inky blue takes it to the next well. Blue depicts royalty, and with gold polka dots all over the body, this saree stays true to the paithani legacy. The roseate border with opaque zari weft, round motifs makes it top notch.
8. Light Blue Saree And Orange Pallu Paithani Design
This rich multi-shaded saree is an heirloom paithani design. Every intricate detail only adds to the elegance of the saree further. The blue sheen with a tinge of golden yellow in the background for the upper part of the body, with narali motifs, is a feast for the eyes. And, the vibrant orange, gold border with the trademark peacock design, is rounding everything off to a perfect hundred.
9. Coral And Fuchsia Pink With Bangdi Motif
Sarees like these adds light to your face and offer huge scope for accessorizing. However, you can still keep it simple—it works both ways. The signature paithani design of bangdi mor for the pallu, round zari embellishments for the body and peacock design with a pop of blue is sure a gorgeous choice for a saree.
10. Lilac, Gold And Purple Zari Saree
If you have noticed, a significant number of celebrities are flashing paithani sarees and it has increased exponentially in the recent past. We are not surprised because the colors, designs, and the motifs render grandeur and make you stand out in a crowd. Every single one of them is handwoven and polished; you will hardly find a paithani saree that is not appealing.
11. Ice Blue And Purple Saree With Peacock Design
The squarish floral motifs are one of paithani’s hallmark designs and the best part about these ensembles is that they suit anyone irrespective of the age. The icy blue body color compensates the lavender and gold, a rather lavish border. And, the gold peacock design for the border is a significant addition.
12. Sepia Brown And Crimson Red Saree
A timeless choice of color and design. This mystical beauty is both authentic, matured and inspired from the Peshawari times. It oozes Maharashtrian saree tradition and style like no other, So if you are looking for a Nauvari saree in the true sense, here’s something for you.
[ Read: Wedding Color Combinations Ideas ]
13. Pink Saree With Taupe Colored Pallu
The deep pink with a combination of muted brown depicts craftsmanship and gives you a unique sense of style. Paithani sarees have a consistent set of motifs, and it is the colors, weft, and warp they play around with. One cannot help but applaud for retaining the authenticity. This saree is everything they believe in and makes an interesting choice for bridesmaids too.
14. Electric Blue And Crimson Red Saree
If you love the color blue, this is one combination you ought to have in your wardrobe. A stylish electric blue saree that is both contemporary and traditional, plus it’s not very heavy with the body work. The self-design border in red and hues of blue for the peacock motif is a smart addition to the overall look.
15. Baby Pink And Lilac With Peacock Motifs
This paithani silk saree was love at first sight for me, because pink is my second favorite after Black. Plus, silk sarees in pink, strike a balance between sophistication and tradition. The shy pink color borrows the sheen from the gold finish, plus the paithani signature peacock motifs, this time for the body of the saree instead of pallu is sheer elegance.
16. Parrot Green Body And Orange Embellished Pallu
Green, pinks, and blues are colors you will invariably see when you look at the Paithani collection. All these vibrant colors when optimized to their fullest, gives you masterpieces like these and a beautiful colored palette. It is not very easy to pick the best of the lot from such splendid options. The saree with illusion silver polka dots and dark gold work with peacock motifs is sure to find its way into a bride’s wardrobe.
17. White And Chilli Red Saree With Oblique Border
A saree that inarguably best defines a bride and should probably be a definitive addition to her bridal collection. The minimalistic body pattern in white, with a pure gold hologram design and bright red border, is something I cannot stop admiring. You can team this up with a red zardozi work blouse with embellished peacock design.
18. Checked Body And Orange Pallu
I am not sure if you have heard it yet, but checkered designs are back with a bang. Checkered for any ensemble reflects one’s taste. Plus the white and black combination is a classic that probably can never go out of style. Not to forget, even the checkered blouses are to die for. The green peacock motifs that further enhance the orange and gold bordered pallu is a visual treat. There’s so much you can do with the blouse, so unleash your creative element, either way, this is a class apart.
19. Purple Saree With Gold Bangdi Booti And Oblique Border
This stunning purple beauty is irresistible and makes it a compelling choice for a bride. The luxurious bangdi booti design complements the overarching gold and purple color palette. The red peek-a-boo pattern in the pallu gives you an interesting choice of a red blouse. A red-zardozi work blouse with the staple navari accessories like a bindi, bangles and jhumkas will be a tale-to-tell.
20. Orange Saree With Paisley Design And Real Zari
The rich zari work from tip to toe and the paisley design throughout the body of the saree is an ideal fit for special occasions or weddings. Paithani sarees are all handwoven and swear by borders with oblique square designs; this particular piece lives up to its roots in its truest sense. If you are looking for something heavy and grand, this might be it.
Check out our very own actors flaunting their Paithani sarees. Elegant and gorgeous, ain’t they?
Here ends our list of the best Paithani sarees. Every single design in this catalog is the finest work of art, by the Paithani craftsman who redefined the techniques of tapestry, and I cannot stop admiring them. Let us know how you liked them, and what are your hot favorites out of this lot. We’d love to hear from you! Till then, happy shopping!
- 50 Saree Blouse Designs That Will Amaze You
- 7 Effortless Saree Draping Tutorials That Will Make You Look Like A Pro
- 20 Spectacular Salwar Kameez Designs That Will Leave You Wanting For More
- 50 Hairstyles To Complement Your Saree
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- 10 Best Powder Cleansers You Should Give A Shot In 2019 - December 31, 2018
- Mineral Oil For Skin: Is It Bad For You? - December 31, 2018
- Top 10 Lip Scrubs To Look Out For In 2019 - December 31, 2018
- Benzoyl Peroxide Vs. Salicylic Acid: Which Is Better For Acne Treatment? - December 31, 2018
- Spray Tanning – What Is it? Should You Get One? - December 29, 2018