If your plan is to take a few days off and just meditate, whether it be as a spiritual plan or a luxury trip, the right location is a must. Are you looking for that perfect location for a daily meditation routine?
There are many spiritually-charged places which are mediation havens in India. Here we list some of the outstanding meditation destinations that promise noise free and the best place to free the mind, body & spirit.
Remember, finding an ideal place for doing meditation is impossible. You will have to create your own spiritual atmosphere through Jap, meditation and prayer. Here are the top 5 places for meditation in India.
The Best Place For Meditation In India
1. Rishikesh:Topping our list of best meditation places in India is Rishikesh. Rishikesh is a wonderful place for meditation. The charm and spiritual influence of this place is simply marvelous. It is located on the Ganges River and is surrounded by the hills on the three sides. Rishikesh has a good number of ashrams and yoga institutes and is considered the Yoga and Meditation capital of the world, which lures knowledge, solace and peace seeking people. The meditation classes with Sadgurudev are intensive, invigorating and awe-inspiring. It brings one closer to the attainment of salvation and Moksha.
2. Bodhgaya:Bodhgaya is the most beautiful Buddhist pilgrimage and is a renowned center for meditation. Lord Buddha had attained enlightenment after an intense meditation under a Bodhi tree in Bodhgaya, the spot now marked by a sprawling Mahabodhi Temple Complex. It is a very serene and beautiful place, making it a perfect place for meditation.
[Read:Shilpa Shetty Yoga Videos]
3. Dharamshala:The sprawling mountains, surrounded by fresh air and towering pine trees, make Dharamshala a perfect place for meditating. The Shikhara Dhamma Vipassana meditation center is the most picturesque center in Dharamshala. Dharamshala has an energy that would settle in the mind, and will take it away from the worldly distraction, into a phase of absolute peace and happiness. It is a perfect path of healing, spirituality and connecting with the inner realm of you.
[Read:Deep Meditation Procedure]
4. Himalayas:Majestic beyond compare, Himalaya is considered one of the most beautiful places in the world. It is the birthplace of meditation and yoga, and has a rich spiritual history. Countless of saints, sages have taken refuge here, to perform the intense spiritual practice. Ananda in the Himalayas is the best place if you’re looking for a luxurious escape, to purify your mind and body. It is situated in a beautiful, natural environment of forested foothills, flowing water, just beside the Ganges River, far away from the noise and chaos of town life. It teaches the techniques and offers classes on the different forms of meditation and shuddi kriya.
[Read:How To Do Raja Yoga Meditation ]
Haridwar, “Gateway to God”, is considered one of the seven holiest places in India. It is located on the foothills of Himalaya in Uttarakhand. Suryavanshi Prince Bhagirath performed penance in Haridwar, to salvage the souls of his ancestor who had perished due to the curse of sage Kapila. The penance was answered and the river Ganga trickled forth from Lord Shiva’s locks and revived the sixty thousand sons of King Sangara. Haridwar has some unparalleled meditation ashrams in India. It is the perfect place for spiritually inclined and health conscious people.
Hope you liked the article. Do not forget to leave your comments.
Latest posts by Arshi Ahmed (see all)
- 20 Radical Styling Ideas For Your Red Ombre Hair - October 27, 2017
- 10 Best Neem Soap Brands You Can Try - September 29, 2014
- 50 Amazing Workout Hairstyles You Can Try - May 15, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits & Uses Of Tomato Soup - April 10, 2014
- 20 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ganoderma Mushrooms - April 3, 2014