You may have come across people using natural oils for healthy and dense locks. So, how about using pracaxi oil for the hair? This “gift from the Amazon” helps nourish your hair and has amazing moisturizing properties. It is no wonder why it has become one of the go-to hair care products.
Pracaxi oil is rich in medicinal values and has traditionally been used to remedy snake and scorpion bites. Another interesting fact is that this oil is also referred to as liquid gold, thanks to its rich nutrient content. In this article, we will understand how pracaxi oil benefits your hair, how to use it, and why you should include it in your hair care routine. Let us get started.
In This Article
What Is Pracaxi Oil?
Pracaxi oil is derived from the seeds of the Pentaclethra macroloba, a canopy tree native to South America. It is commonly referred to as a “miracle conditioner” and is ideal for thick and coarse hair. It contains 53% oleic acid, 26% linoleic acid, and 5% behenic acid and is an excellent emollient.
Pracaxi oil has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and moisturizing properties and can prevent environmental damage (1). It is beneficial for the skin, hair, and scalp. This oil can repair damaged and dry hair, improve manageability, and stimulate hair growth by keeping the follicles healthy. Those who have used pracaxi oil for hair prefer this oil for several reasons. Find out in the next section.
What Are The Benefits Of Pracaxi Oil For Hair?
- Moisturizes The Scalp: Pracaxi oil is an excellent emollient and moisturizer and is considered a savior for dry and damaged hair. The fatty acids in the oil can hydrate all hair types, especially curly, dry, coarse, and low porosity hair. It may also keep the scalp healthy and prevent common issues like flakiness and itchy scalp.
- May Stimulate Hair Growth: Anecdotal evidence suggests that the fatty acids in pracaxi oil may stimulate the hair follicles and promote hair growth. Scalp massages with this hair oil can enhance blood circulation and nourish the hair follicles.
- Repairs Damaged Hair: Pracaxi oil is an emollient, meaning it can moisturize and soften the hair strands. Damaged hair lacks nourishment and moisture. The fatty acids in pracaxi oil can penetrate the hair and lock in moisture to repair, rejuvenate, and strengthen it.
- Smoothens The Hair: Pracaxi oil can smoothen the hair strands and add shine to them. It makes detangling and combing easier, minimizing knots and hair breakage. Applying a few drops of this hair oil regularly can improve hair elasticity.
- Protects Your Hair: The fatty acids in pracaxi oil protect the hair fibers from environmental stress and damage. This helps improve your overall hair health.
Pracaxi oil has a slew of benefits and is easy to use. Let’s find out how you can incorporate it into your hair care routine.
How To Use Pracaxi Oil
You can use pure pracaxi oil in the following ways:
- As An Overnight Treatment: Apply it to your scalp and hair before going to bed and rinse it out the following morning.
- Post-Shower Treatment: You can apply a few drops of pracaxi hair oil to your damp hair after a shower. This can keep your locks shiny.
- Pre-Blowout Protectant: Massage a few drops of this oil to your hair before blow drying and heat styling to prevent hair damage.
- Conditioning Treatment: Mix a few drops of this oil with your conditioner to amp up its moisturization properties. You can also mix a small amount of pracaxi oil with your conditioner and spray it along the hair’s length for added hydration. You can also add this hair oil to your favorite hair masks.
If you are wondering how often you can use pracaxi oil, here is the answer.
How Often Can You Use It?
Use pure pracaxi oil sparingly. A little goes a long way. However, if you want to combine it with other hair care products (like conditioners or hair masks), you can use it whenever required.
Excessive use of pracaxi oil may cause some side effects. Scroll down to know more.
Side Effects Of Pracaxi Oil
When using pracaxi oil, moderation is the key. Applying it in excess to your hair will clog the hair follicles and may trigger scalp acne.
Pracaxi oil does not interact with any other hair care ingredient and is safe to use. However, if you are sensitive to it, pracaxi oil may cause allergic reactions. Perform a patch test before using it.
Pracaxi oil has been used for centuries to treat snake and scorpion bites. Research suggests that using pracaxi oil for your hair may stimulate hair growth, smoothen your hair, prevent dryness, and protect your hair from further damage. You can incorporate pracaxi oil into your hair care routine as an overnight, pre-shower, post-shower, or conditioning treatment. Using pracaxi oil in moderation is safe. However, excess use of it may result in an allergic reaction. Ensure that you conduct a patch test before applying it to your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Pracaxi oil an essential oil?
Yes, Pracaxi oil is an essential oil.
Is Pracaxi oil comedogenic?
No. Pracaxi oil is non-comedogenic.
Is Pracaxi a nut?
Yes, Pracaxi is a nut.
- Pracaxi oil is also referred to as a miracle conditioner with rich moisturizing properties.
- The excellent emollient activity of this oil can repair dry and damaged hair. Adding it to your hair care regimen can also smoothen and protect your locks.
- Use it as an overnight, post-shower, or pre-blowout treatment to reap its benefits.
- However, applying this oil in excess amounts may clog the hair follicles.
Stylecraze has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy